test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue system out of whack

Artifact weapons being locked behind RNG is already well lamented so I’ll skip to the resulting issue. Most healers and tanks get on, run their ME’s, then swap to their dps toons. Mostly because running quests isn’t viable and they still haven’t gotten their upgrades. The result is that most of the dungeons that actually come up are skirmishes. These don’t have role requirements so being a support class isn’t needed which is frustrating all around. If you’re playing a support it’s because you feel useless (mostly). If you’re playing a dps it’s because the support gets more AD for a “role bonus” while being LESS effective. There should be a way to queue dungeons and skirmishes separately. Dungeons giving role bonuses while skirmishes do not.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    You may want to rephrase your question as it is kind of confusing. I am not sure what running MEs for artifacts has to do with the queue system. But from reading your last sentence, it sounds like you do not want role bonuses given to tanks and heals for skirmishes because they are not really needed? If that is it, then first, that is kind of petty, and second, that is wrong. Role bonus is given for what a player queued up as, not how effective they are in the run.

Think about what would happen if there are separate random queues for dungeons and skirmishes. Since skirmishes are significantly shorter, everyone will ignore the role bonus and use the skirmish queue for they daily RQ reward. The dungeon queue will rarely pop.
  • aravaleira#9801 aravaleira Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having a love hate relationship with the new mod. I don't mind the class changes my paladin is fun. Some issues my alliance is having.. only level 80 characters with decent gear can do influence now. No one can do marauders it's broken. Dragon flight we can kill one dragon sometimes 2. They need campaign is finishable in like 6 hours many of us have it done on multiple characters. None of us have beaten the mad mage dungeon can't get past arcturia yet. So the only content we have right now is ME. So most of our alliance already bored and left to play other games. Our guild leveling has come to a crawl. Prefer a campaign that needs time to finish would keep people playing. Professions aren't viable anymore getting people to participate in stronghold is next to impossible. Maybe allow the recruiter to be level 2 and give more influence. Cant get people to do it since guild marks aren't really returning a profit anymore. 129 members in my guild and like 6 of us do stuff in the stronghold.
  • frequenthen31#9847 frequenthen31 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    > You may want to rephrase your question as it is kind of confusing. I am not sure what running MEs for artifacts has to do with the queue system. But from reading your last sentence, it sounds like you do not want role bonuses given to tanks and heals for skirmishes because they are not really needed? If that is it, then first, that is kind of petty, and second, that is wrong. Role bonus is given for what a player queued up as, not how effective they are in the run.

Don’t get me wrong. I kinda like the free carries on my tank. It’s just that I made her to TANK, not be a loot monkey. Taking the role bonuses out of skirmishes would keep the dungeons worthwhile while allowing us supports to actually do our jobs. Queuing as a tank then just following the dps around isn’t why I queued. Queuing specific dungeons to get around that also gets me around the random queue AD. So I do my 3 ME’s, then go back to my hellbringer warlock. At least then I’m doing what my toon was made for. Meh, I’m open to better ideas as to how to get players into their roles, but the way the queue currently works rewards doing the opposite of that.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Are we not at a point yet where we could just... dump PoM and ToDG from the intermediate queue?
    Are they really any harder than IG???

I'm HAMSTER fed up of queuing for "Dungeon" runs and getting Skirmishes.
    8 characters, 6 at L80 and running content, (mainly MEs to gear up,) and RQ's for Daily AD.

NOT! HAD! ONE! DUNGEON! ON! RANDOM! INTERMEDIATE! QUEUE! SINCE! MOD 16! DROPPED!!!! (Seriously, I'm not exaggerating to make a point... not ONE Dungeon from RIQ since the new content dropped.)

And the dumb thing is, that I'm TRYING to learn the new mechanics for group play with my Cleric and Paladin, and I end up in free for all brawls that even in the Brave New World of Mod 16 rarely require a Tank or a Healer.
    I'm TOLD by the bloody Queue system that "Need Healer! Have bonus!!!" so I queue with my Cleric and... Prophecy of HAMSTER Madness. Sometimes with another bloody healer.
    WHY???
    > @mordekai#1901 said:

> I'm TOLD by the bloody Queue system that "Need Healer! Have bonus!!!" so I queue with my Cleric and... Prophecy of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Madness. Sometimes with another bloody healer.
    > WHY???

LOL! I once had a Merchant Prince’s Folly where I was one of four tanks. FOUR TANKS! In a free for all? Took a while. This is the problem I’ve been talking about. Can’t practice your role in a queue that typically sets you in a role-less run. Then why have tanks or healers at all? Just bring back lifesteal and boost defense and everyone run zerg style dps dungeons! PLEASE split the queue. 2 different daily bonuses, half and half the original values. Please

PLEASE split the queue. 2 different daily bonuses, half and half the original values. Please

So people would have to do two runs for the same RAD? That change will go over well.
    An option to opt-out of skirmishes would be better. Then tanks/heals who don't want to risk ending up in a mostly tank/heal run can wait a bit longer for a dungeon run.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'd like the Opt-Out of skirmishes option, also having the Heal/Tank bonus to be for Refined AD, not Rough AD (Capped at X runs per day). That would encourage a few more support toons to join random queues.
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    > PLEASE split the queue. 2 different daily bonuses, half and half the original values. Please
    >
    > So people would have to do two runs for the same RAD? That change will go over well.

Well if it’s only about the RAD then I’ve been going about this all wrong. I think I’ll start taunting on my tank then running in big circles, picking ONE person to heal and letting everyone else die, putting repel and shield pulse on my wizard. Throws the scoreboard way off but who cares? You can fail and still get the RAD from the queue bonus. Or is it about the fun you have in there?
    You don't get RAD if you fail the run. And yes, for just about every player, doing RQ is about the RAD. At least it becomes that way after doing the same content hundred's if not thousand's of times.

• nigelnightmare1nigelnightmare1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    You "can" get more RAD by queueing for DEMO standard or master.
    Boring but effective and you get to practice your TANK/HEALING in an effective environment.