test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs, Please look at the Warlock

chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
I have 32 toons, most are unused lvl 70 alts but after playing my main end game warlock and consistently finishing dungeon runs at 50% the dps of other classes running mid game toons, I gave up and leveled up 7 alts, one from each class, to level 80 and took them through mod16. I was amazed how my il 16~17k alts were no boons and mod16 starter gear, were out performing my maxed out warlock end game main toon.

Warlock is fun to play but the magnitudes of the warlocks powers are less then half the magnitudes of the other classes. No wonder I’m always 50% less damage as the other dps classes. With 150~250 mag encounters and 1 400 mag power, I get off a rotation but before I can attack again the classes with 450~800 mag encounters have killed everything!

I hope someone will fix this soon. Warlock is fun to play and all, same as all the other classes, but wow! Really?, warlock daily’s weaker then other classes encounters?! WTfubar?

Comments

• polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Warlocks are unplayble now.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I agree with everything you wrote except this,
    chnops68 said:

...Warlock is fun to play and all, same as all the other classes...

Playing the current warlock is like getting behind the wheel of a souped up musclecar with four flat tires.
  • chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    > @xboxrules#4261 said:
    > Hey guys I dont play a warlock but I play with one of the most powerful ones from pre mod16.. I talked to Lassor from Cryptic and he says quote "there isnt anything wrong with it. People need to learn the mechanics"
    > It got pretty heated but that's that.

That’s cool, I use to spend a few hundred dollars a month on This game. Now I’m spending as much money on the game as Lassor... Nothing. Heck when mod 16 dropped, I spent at least $800 on my warlock that I’d already invested God only knows how much, but never even got close to pain giver. Personally I don’t think it’s possible and the obtuse attitude employees at cryptic like Lassor have made public have made me a free to play player. Sure I’m going to keep playing but I’m not going to pay for a product I no longer value or invest in a company I no longer respect. Cryptics California ethic can say good bye to this whales East Coast payroll!
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Hey guys I dont play a warlock but I play with one of the most powerful ones from pre mod16.. I talked to Lassor from Cryptic and he says quote "there isnt anything wrong with it. People need to learn the mechanics"

It got pretty heated but that's that.

Lassor doesn't play the warlock class. He just goes in game and use at-will for 3 sec, 1 random encounter power and say "Wow, very overpowered class indeed !!"

lol.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Another Preview patch note and they still ignoring Warlock. It seems that this class is the beggar class in this game, always being a shame compared with other classes.
    giz#2086 said:

Another Preview patch note and they still ignoring Warlock. It seems that this class is the beggar class in this game, always being a shame compared with other classes.

O well.. doesn't matter. Game zux anyway.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    They fixed some stuff on preview concerning Soulweaver, but no buffs to the class in general.
    My advice; go play Wizard! Best dps, aoe or focus, best gameplay, fluent and fun, best cc on top , what else to say.
    There are not many reasons to run a warlock actually. No dev actually took care on the class pre mod 16 and this is not gonna change as far as I can see.
    Still doesn't change the fact that mod 16 made the game slow, boring, at-will fest, no feats, scaling, broken mechanics and so many more other things that makes you want to leave the game.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Just to be clear how is your warlock setup? Are you running the optimal damage boost gear or the newer gear that is simply designed to give you stat boost? How is your power now compared to other damage dealers. I have a 24K wizard and I run LoMM with warlocks all the time. They are typically around 22K IL with roughly the same power I have the difference is wizard damage is more direct / burst this mod allowing wizards to get their damage out faster than in prior mods. This makes wizards IMO a bit to strong. With that said if the devs adjusted the wizard burst damage a bit I believe many of my warlock buddies woul be able to do just as much damage as I do.

The warlock isn't in a bad place; it didn't help the class any when the devs lowered enemies health. IMO, instead of lowering health by 30%+ the devs should have removed scaling on all stats that were not power.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Just to be clear how is your warlock setup? Are you running the optimal damage boost gear or the newer gear that is simply designed to give you stat boost? How is your power now compared to other damage dealers. I have a 24K wizard and I run LoMM with warlocks all the time. They are typically around 22K IL with roughly the same power I have the difference is wizard damage is more direct / burst this mod allowing wizards to get their damage out faster than in prior mods. This makes wizards IMO a bit to strong. With that said if the devs adjusted the wizard burst damage a bit I believe many of my warlock buddies woul be able to do just as much damage as I do.

The warlock isn't in a bad place; it didn't help the class any when the devs lowered enemies health. IMO, instead of lowering health by 30%+ the devs should have removed scaling on all stats that were not power.

my completly min maxed Warlock on Preview does at most 2/3 of my also nearly completly minmaxed CW in ToMM.
    And to the point about Bursts vs Dots, warlocks dont have any real DOT, wizard has more burst and more sustained dmg then warlock.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Its blantantly obvious how much of a deficit dps warlocks have compared to the trio meta cw, tr, hr in terms of dps.

My walock has all %dmg gear, 118k ca, 206k power without pots, food, etc.

My cw has exact same gear, companions, ca, stats except power is only 175k power since I still have companions to finish taking to legendary and no 10k power mount, with a few r14 radiant to upgrade still.

My cw had performed much better than warlock even since 160k power.

I have tried numerous reiterations of builds for my walock and still does not even come close to wizards using smolder and shatter feats.

The dots are paltry, magnitudes low, self buff slow, and even at max self buff does not compare to wizards un buffed first rotational damage without stacks. People can argue that hellfire 25% adds to damage but smolder adds 75% and 25% on crits with a higher tick and proc rate.

Warlock just is not even comparably close in damage potential in dots, burst, scaling, and class mechanics.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    At this point its clear devs won't be addressing anything related to dps warlocks. There have been many many threads from many platforms and preview addressing the same issues and not a single reply since a few months before preview of16 went live.
    So far the only real changes made have been primarily soulweaver to address issues that make it unplayable as a healer at all in that role. The devs push seems to be only for healing role on warlocks. Similar to barbi as tanks.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    This warlock they chucked at us gives me a real frankenstein's monster vibe - like it was put together with whatever was on hand.

Setting aside the low magnitudes, we've got:
    A couple slapdash Feats
    A broken Tactical
    A slapdash Mechanic
    A number of encounters that are either slapdash, incredibly weak, broken, or simply clonky

But I still play with it, the poor thing - 'cause I love it.
    It's whoever took a sledgehammer and duct tape to it that I'm not happy with. In my bitterness it's taking a real effort to not be vindictive, and even then I have to keep deleting posts.