test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOMM - Must have stats by role

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
What are the must have stats for damage dealers, tanks, and healers with this dungeon?

For offensive I know that Armor Pen, Critical Strike and Accuracy all need to be 68K to by pass the counter stats and that it is recommend for damage dealer and healers to have north of 100K power; how much power should a tank have?

As for defensive stats, what should a tank aim for stats; what should healer have; what should a damage dealer have?

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    As far as I'm aware, from reading Rainer's guide, the stats needed to overcome the monsters' in LOMM are as follows.

ArPen - 68000
    Accuracy - 68000
    Critical Strike - 68000
    Combat Advantage - 118000

Defence - 68000
    Deflect - 68000
    Crit Avoidance - 73000
    Awareness - 78000

But remember... every 1000 that you are short is only 1%. So if you have 66'500 Accuracy, then the best any monster will have is 1.5% Deflect against your attacks. If your Crit avoidance is "only" 71K that gives the bad guys a mighty 2% Crit chance when attacking you. If your not the Tank, that's not a huge risk.

We run the risk of using the numbers instead of common sense as a guide to who we should and shouldn't take on LoMM runs.
    Sure if you're building a premade and a DPS wants to join with 45K Crit and 38K Accuracy... they are probably not ready. But 1 or 2 K shy of the Max is not a problem.
    What weapons set are they using?
    What's their Power?
    What Artifact set have they got?
    What sort of extra damage bonuses from rings and gear have they got?
    Much more likely to be important questions than... "IL and Stats!"

As far as Power goes, if you are asking for yourself then it's simply as much as you can stack. North of 100K is pretty much the minimum for anyone. Same with HP...
    If you are asking as someone looking for a number by which to exclude otherwise perfectly acceptable players, meh... whatever...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

As far as I'm aware, from reading Rainer's guide, the stats needed to overcome the monsters' in LOMM are as follows.

ArPen - 68000
    Accuracy - 68000
    Critical Strike - 68000

Defence - 68000
    Deflect - 68000
    Crit Avoidance - 73000
    Awareness - 78000

But remember... every 1000 that you are short is only 1%. So if you have 66'500 Accuracy, then the best any monster will have is 1.5% Deflect against your attacks. If your Crit avoidance is "only" 71K that gives the bad guys a mighty 2% Crit chance when attacking you. If your not the Tank, that's not a huge risk.

We run the risk of using the numbers instead of common sense as a guide to who we should and shouldn't take on LoMM runs.
    Sure if you're building a premade and a DPS wants to join with 45K Crit and 38K Accuracy... they are probably not ready. But 1 or 2 K shy of the Max is not a problem.
    What's their Power?

As far as Power goes, if you are asking for yourself then it's simply as much as you can stack. North of 100K is pretty much the minimum for anyone. Same with HP...
    If you are asking as someone looking for a number by which to exclude otherwise perfectly acceptable players, meh... whatever...

Well I tanked LoMM with only defense being higher than those required stats. I didn't find tanking it all that hard though my tank still needs to be tweaked.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I think it depends greatly on if you know how to play your class. Ex.when to block and not to
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I think to be honest they should have added stats as away to unlock a dungeon outside of a item level. Given with how mod 16 and stats are working now it would have made more sense. At least that way each player would know what stats they need for what ever dungeon they wish to run.
    Anyways speaking about LOMM I would say what was already said is correct.
    Most stats 68K is cap for lomm combat advantage is 118K and I would state that in the land of neverwinter mod 16 power is king. That means with all stats capped and really high amount of power your do far more dps then if you was capped and had low amount of power.
    I would suggest for enchants slot 3 stat enchants to get the stats capped easier and use a aug pet.
    Strongly suggest going into LOMM with all capped stats or around the cap but also with a bit more then 110K power.
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Well now that chart looks a bit faulty, since stats can NOT go negative on the enemy. CA is caped at 100% or 100k and everything beyond that is a waste to add since you get no benefit from it, as well as critical strike and deflect at 50000k capped beyond that you get no increase chance.

Did anyone read this? https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11093193-developer-blog:-stats-&-mechanics

am at fault to since I had wrong info from other people so read this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/axxlgt/mod_16_stats_and_counterstats/

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

ArPen - 68000
    Accuracy - 68000
    Critical Strike - 68000

Defence - 68000
    Deflect - 68000
    Crit Avoidance - 73000
    Awareness - 78000

What's their Power?

Well I tanked LoMM with only defense being higher than those required stats. I didn't find tanking it all that hard though my tank still needs to be tweaked.
    Remember... it's Neverwinter... it's not about whether you can complete the Dungeon, it's about whether you can convince LFG groups in PE that you can.
    If you are running with friends and you are "in the neighbourhood" stats wise, I'd always say that the familiarity that comes with knowing your group is worth more than anything else.
    Well, apart from knowing how to play your class, and understanding dungeon mechanics.

I hopped into a PUG of LOMM the day after it dropped, and clearly only two of us had read up on it beforehand.
    We got to the room with the multiple Mimics and ended up wiping TWICE at which point a Vote Abandon popped up...
    HAMSTER TWICE!!! It kept flashing up on the screen, and it was clear 3 of the party were not going to take any further part in proceedings.

I've got to admit, Tanking is not my favourite thing at the moment. I was a fairly adept Tankadin pre M16, but I'm really struggling to get my rhythm right. Plus I'm not clear on why one set of monsters can't hurt me, and then I walk round the corner in the same ME, and another bunch of spods kick the living Beejazus out of me, when I'm sure that apart from Power, Hp and obviously special attacks, monsters are all supposed to be on the same stats.

I still think that one of the things we really could use is a list of the figured chances we are currently running in any given zone.
    Since monsters have identical stats in a zone (apart from hp and POW and abilities, which don't figure) it should be fairly simple to have a window that you can look at to see what your percentage scores are as standard against the standard stats of the monsters in that zone.

Specially on Console.
    We don't have the tools to access stats in the way PC do, and I don't want to have to check with Google how to best distribute my stats in any given zone.
    Most of my characters don't come close to capping for L80 let alone LOMM, and it would be nice to see their capabilities in a legacy zone "at a glance" without having to search for an external spreadsheet.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Did some tests in lomm & turns out, that critical hits deal same dmg, as normal hits, making critical avoidance totally useless. Like trash mobs & bosses lack any critical severity. Come to think of it, same thing happens to warlock's puppet - critical hits = normal hits. Defence doesn't give expected 50% dmg resistance at 68k too. Had to raise mine as far as 83k to actually see 50% reduction in incoming dmg. Whether its a bug or "working as intended", remains to be seen. Rest of the offensive/defensive stats seems to be working as expected at the values, mentioned by Mordekai .
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    bojsha said:

Well now that chart looks a bit faulty, since stats can NOT go negative on the enemy. CA is caped at 100% or 100k and everything beyond that is a waste to add since you get no benefit from it, as well as critical strike and deflect at 50000k capped beyond that you get no increase chance.

Did anyone read this? https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11093193-developer-blog:-stats-&-mechanics

am at fault to since I had wrong info from other people so read this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/axxlgt/mod_16_stats_and_counterstats/

If you want to make 100% CA damage you need 100K more CA than their awareness stats.
    As they have 18K in awareness, you need 118K in CA.

So having more than 100K in CA makes sense and IS NOT wasted
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Correct. Of course this only applies when you have combat advantage in the first place. If you are playing solo with an augment and have no special class powers that give you CA, all your CA is wasted, as you never have combat advantage.

Hoping for improvements...
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    nvm
    adinosii said:

Correct. Of course this only applies when you have combat advantage in the first place. If you are playing solo with an augment and have no special class powers that give you CA, all your CA is wasted, as you never have combat advantage.

Does crit sev and combat advantage when combined have a hard cap? For instance 200% between the two? I thought I read that somewhere.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2019

adinosii said:

Does crit sev and combat advantage when combined have a hard cap? For instance 200% between the two? I thought I read that somewhere.
    Combat Advantage has a cap at 100%. Critical Severity has no cap, but as the sources of Crit Severity are limited there is effectively a max you can push this to (It depends on class and feats). There is no combined max for the two and many people have 100% CA and 165%+ Crit Severity.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Good info.
  • therionforgottentherionforgotten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    where is everybody sourcing their info? when did they decide to change 28,000 stats for mobs to 18,000

and when did they change 500 to 1000

enemy Critical Chance = (18000+5000 – 23000) / 1000 = 0% added 5000 in because 5% is base
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    The stats of the mobs are in the description of the dungeon in the queue tab. Bottom right when you select the dungeon.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    To be fair think its now time for cryptic to get off this so called item level requirement and force dungeons to require a min stat requirement for each stat so that way we all know what is needed to que for such a dungeon.
    This should have been done already.
    Item level seems to be a fast easy cheap way to handle it but really its just lazy to be fair.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

To be fair think its now time for cryptic to get off this so called item level requirement and force dungeons to require a min stat requirement for each stat so that way we all know what is needed to que for such a dungeon.
    Item level seems to be a fast easy cheap way to handle it but really its just lazy to be fair.

They don't require a minimum stat, but they DO tell you what your stats should be - kind of. Each Dungeon has an enemy level beside it - 18K in the case of LotMM. That's the point at which your stats start actually having an effect. For most stats, you will need to have 50K on top of this for them to be fully effective (100K in the case of combat Advantage, as it goes up to 100% instead of caping at 50%).

And of course, you don't actually NEED everything capped to get through the dungeon. If you have 65K accuracy instead of 68K for example your damage will be reduced, but not by much (about 1.5% on average). Or if your crit avoidance is 60K instead of 68K you will take more damage, but it probably won't make the dungeon fail.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

b4t1b4t said:

They don't require a minimum stat, but they DO tell you what your stats should be - kind of. Each Dungeon has an enemy level beside it - 18K in the case of LotMM. That's the point at which your stats start actually having an effect. For most stats, you will need to have 50K on top of this for them to be fully effective (100K in the case of combat Advantage, as it goes up to 100% instead of caping at 50%).

And of course, you don't actually NEED everything capped to get through the dungeon. If you have 65K accuracy instead of 68K for example your damage will be reduced, but not by much (about 1.5% on average). Or if your crit avoidance is 60K instead of 68K you will take more damage, but it probably won't make the dungeon fail.
    The only stat on my fighter that was above 68K defensively was my defense stat. I have no problem tanking. The issue I run into with LoMM is finding DD that actually can kill the mimic fast enough so another won't repawn; yet my Fighter tank can kill it fast enough to not hit the flower area where a golem is summoned.

That one boss is brutal if to many golems get summoned.