test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] Undermountain Launch Week Issues

Comments

• eastcrow#9222 eastcrow Member Posts: 10 Arc User

My cleric is unplayable. Just UNPLAYABLE. Every time she gets in combat and kills all enemies, she stays in combat, and the stupid little drum sound that indicates 'you got in combat' plays in loop. I can't mount. I can't interact with quest objects without getting the ''Unable to perform this interaction at this time''. Running campaigns under such conditions is impossible. Doesn't do that on my Rogue, Barbarian or Paladin.

Nevermind, found the answer among players. Berserker's Might bonus (from Decaying Habit in my case) is broken since launch of mod16 and will cause that.
  • thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Not necessarily a bug but a deep inbalance, the Tiamat and Manycoins bank skirmishes are currently nigh on impossible to complete. Not merely harder, but plain impossible. If you set 16k as a barrier of entry, it should be feasible by toons of that IL, yet I've seen full 20k teams barely able to take down 1 dragon head during Tiamat's 1st round . Similar problems plague manycoins, other instances need balance but can at least be completed . This wastes everyone's time on a futile attempt and the way you implemented anti drop out measures ends up causing more griefing than simply allowing quitters to leave; being unable to start manycoins because someone disconnected or dropped out is insult to injury .

In light of this such instances should be quarantined from RIQ until they can be tweaked and balanced. They're causing no small amount of aggravation in the player base, which in tturn breeds a toxic environment . Let people enjoy the fact that Lostmauth is no longer a joke and we need to know its patterns, and don't force us into broken content please.

Thanks .
  • lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    The quest waning darkness where you go with Celeste to destroy the shadow dragon, once you go to the mission instance the quest tracker tells you to find Celeste and takes you to a spot near the beginning of the map. There is nothing there you can't interact with and I'm not sure if it's a glitch but I couldn't find Celeste anywhere making the quest unfinishable. Ps. Thank you guys. A lot of people bitched about this new mod but I am enjoying it and all the other changes. Don't let the ungrateful get you down. Steer the course, and thanks for the great content.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Stronghold Marauders automatically fails about half the time, immediately upon starting. Unknown whether related: sometimes a loot pile value is visible for hours on the right side of the screen.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User

Not necessarily a bug but a deep inbalance, the Tiamat and Manycoins bank skirmishes are currently nigh on impossible to complete. Not merely harder, but plain impossible. If you set 16k as a barrier of entry, it should be feasible by toons of that IL, yet I've seen full 20k teams barely able to take down 1 dragon head during Tiamat's 1st round . Similar problems plague manycoins, other instances need balance but can at least be completed . This wastes everyone's time on a futile attempt and the way you implemented anti drop out measures ends up causing more griefing than simply allowing quitters to leave; being unable to start manycoins because someone disconnected or dropped out is insult to injury .

In light of this such instances should be quarantined from RIQ until they can be tweaked and balanced. They're causing no small amount of aggravation in the player base, which in tturn breeds a toxic environment . Let people enjoy the fact that Lostmauth is no longer a joke and we need to know its patterns, and don't force us into broken content please.

Thanks .

I agree with you on the “Manycoins Bank Heist Skirmish”, I have attempted a Random Que which gave us the Manycoins skirmish and we were not able to complete it. I was the lowest item-level character as a 17K Paladin and the rest were 20k. The Que gave us two attempts to complete it and I believe we ran out of time or the Rust Monsters/Zhentarim were able to destroy the bank, not sure which. I can not speak for Tiamat as of yet.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • monsterbunnii#9496 monsterbunnii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Claws of Malar - if I die more than once, Arcturia disappears. She doesnt just move, she full on disappears from the map. I've left and re-entered and shes still gone. Ive restarted the whole thing, and she does it again. Her bar is visible but she is nowhere to be found. Reading others comments I probably cant best her anyway, but I cant even try if she isnt there.
  • fachaos42#7919 fachaos42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Is the first number in power calculation supposed to be 0? My Rogue is level 80 and the first number in most star calculations is zero.
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    At lvl 80, completing the PvP domination match gives only 1-2 glory
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I hate to bring this up 'cause it's actually very helpful, but Princess Serissa has become incredibly powerful during the Runestead weekly - most particularly her lightning strike. It oneshots everything except for the Runemaster, and him she twoshots.
    edited July 2019

I agree with you on the “Manycoins Bank Heist Skirmish”, I have attempted a Random Que which gave us the Manycoins skirmish and we were not able to complete it. I was the lowest item-level character as a 17K Paladin and the rest were 20k. The Que gave us two attempts to complete it and I believe we ran out of time or the Rust Monsters/Zhentarim were able to destroy the bank, not sure which. I can not speak for Tiamat as of yet.

Tiamat was scaled from 25 to 10 people. Problem is, snake heads seem to still require 25 people to take down. Each phase seems to allow for just 1 head to get tkilles and even in old Tiamat we had 2 chances to knock them all down. Mathematically impossible, in other words.
    Found another ludricous situation since, first boss in icespire leveling dungeon, it simply is immortal if you run it with leveling peeps. His regen outpaces the damage 3 to 1, and after 15 minutes he was still getting back to full health. I am all for added challenge and I like we can no longer ignore most boss mechanics, but scaling was always a bad idea poorly implemented, both in specific instances of certain bosses which clearly had no QA testing or even in the savagery of some mobs, like say, Valindra's . Challenge is best made wwithin the mechanics of the game and not by simply fiddling the numbers. The 1st approach allows a well designed experience, the latter, which we got, throws in a lot of bad with good

It also defeats the purpose of tiering. If Valindra's as hard as FBI, why is it in a separate queue with a fraction of the rewards? Why are TONG and FBI considered equal when FBI is clearly more accessible?Why should folk care about leveling dungeons in a game where novelty gets lost by design and it's all about routine? No one will care for the 3k or so rAD a leveling dungeon brings after going satisfying the nostalgia . No one will risk a raq with tong or cr looming either.Not with this payoff, which means lots of inconvenience for nothing. Low rad, useless gear and outdated seals are not worth 20-30 minutes of a time which will be invariably less fun by the 40th time we run it. This should be seen as seriously as the broken mechanics .

I know scaling is a hot button issue but so far console players haven't been able to weigh in with their perspective. Judging by how deserted my once bustling alliance is and how dps can take hours to PUG a raq, they are not pleased, and the conversation is not yet over. If mods or devs want to separate these posts, please do, if it furthers said conversation along, I just want to make sure it's read. If scaling is this broken now after the PC community outcry and after half a dozen patches I think a deep rethinking is in order. And from what I gather, no one minds the added difficulty except where it's merely frustrating (Troll boss in frozen heart), cheap ( manycoins) , inadequately implemented ( Most mob mechanics ), or impossible (All of the above ). This mod did some pretty great things, which actually are a great foundation, but proceeded to bury it in hamsters and design choices so bad as to severely dampen my optimism.

Edited for some pretty embarrassing typos
    Post edited by thegrimner#3435 on
  • My last 5 or 6 master expeditions have yielded 0 rewards in the chest at the end no matter if I'm solo or in a group and no matter how many of whichever rune or runes i use.

Example, i solo'd ME with 3x Empowered runes and got 0 drops from mini bosses as well as 0 rewards from chest at the end. I just loot, see the loot progress bar, the chest quickly opens then closes and i stand up with nothing. No gold, no astral diamonds, no gear, no refinement pints.

I don't want to continue running them just to hope a trash mob drops something decent
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Since mod 16 relased i got from day 1 warlock on me he got 3 alabaster off hand nothing main hand... On day 4 i started with dc too actually he have 3 offhand lol. nothing main hand.can yu put a trader for this ?lot ppl are on my situation. dropping just 1 piece the other where is ? Tyvm
  • mrdanthedeadman#3794 mrdanthedeadman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2019

My last 5 or 6 master expeditions have yielded 0 rewards in the chest at the end no matter if I'm solo or in a group and no matter how many of whichever rune or runes i use.

Example, i solo'd ME with 3x Empowered runes and got 0 drops from mini bosses as well as 0 rewards from chest at the end. I just loot, see the loot progress bar, the chest quickly opens then closes and i stand up with nothing. No gold, no astral diamonds, no gear, no refinement pints.

I don't want to continue running them just to hope a trash mob drops something decent

Have you completed the initial quest for the rune lady, the one where you collect the different resonance colors and restore an artifact? After you turn that quest in she gives you another quest to do an ME, and a chaos rune. Read that still having and not playing the chaos rune on your first, the introductory one, ME can bug out the chest and cause you to get nothing from the chest at the end.
    Quest lines in the Undermountain/Yawning Portal need to be better highlighted instead of getting stuck or buried at the bottom of your quest list. Honestly glad I did the rune lady's quest first, gave me a better idea of what to do with the resonance and runes prior to the introductory ME.
  • elletee#1899 elletee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can't change the appearance of selected undermountain gear.
    Noticed boots (feet) won't let you change their appearance with past gear. (Eg: sparkly slippers of sloopna).
    Unsure if it's only selected pieces of undermountain equipment, as I'm yet to obtain every single piece.
    Gear isn't marked as protected when trying to change. Says "you have no equippable items of this type".
    Please make it so all the new undermountain obtainable gear can have its appearance changed with past mod gear.
    Cosmetics mean a lot to me, thank you <3
  • monsterbunnii#9496 monsterbunnii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Tools of the Trade - tools are not interactive. They're all sparkly like they should be, but you cant click on them
    Wooden weapons from the Trade of Blades no longer have a weapon enchantment slot, so they can no longer be used to compare weapon enchantments.
    Hunting Hawk's Player Bonus Power tooltip implies it will buff all powers, but it only buffs at-wills.
  • harlequin#8938 harlequin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have been running MEs since day 1 on the PS4, and usually use at least one AD rune, even if it is a solo run. Yesterday I did 3 runs, with three AD runes in each run, but when they gave out the 3k AD, it showed as 3k in the bottom right of my screen, but then when the AD was added to my total amount, it was less than 3k. One time I only got 900 AD. I have lost out on so much AD on this.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I want ask if anyone have issue with alpha compy this 5% power sometime disappear to me. if i go underlevel or old area seem he need t be refreshed by unequip and equip can i have some confirmation on this or know if is knowed issu and need t be manual refreshed this buff until a fix tyvm
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Thanks .

Bank Heist can be completed. I ran it plenty; usually get gold also usually top damage dealer by leaps and bounds compared to the next player. Usually player below me is all RADs on offense and yet they barely have any more power than I do in Bank Heist and yet they don't have enough critical strike or armor pen to be effective in level 70 content.

That later part is why most level 70 content is a challenging to many groups. I joined a CoDG group where the ask was for 180K power, I got in with my lowly 140K only because I knew the player forming the group. After 1 attempt I left the group as most of those player with 180K power lack crit or armor pen to be truly effective in lower content.

I tested my character out to ensure I have as close to the required stats as possible by doing private Q into each piece of content. I fixed my character based on that to ensure that I could effective in all content. Yeah I lack power compared to other in LoMM but I hold my own just fine in LoMM.

What many players forget is that you shouldn't just focus on LoMM you need to balance your character out for all content. If more players did this lower content wouldn't be as difficulty as it is right now.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I want ask if anyone have issue with alpha compy this 5% power sometime disappear to me. if i go underlevel or old area seem he need t be refreshed by unequip and equip can i have some confirmation on this or know if is knowed issu and need t be manual refreshed this buff until a fix tyvm

I know in Chult he doubles it up. If you are in that zone and go to another

Since mod 16 relased i got from day 1 warlock on me he got 3 alabaster off hand nothing main hand... On day 4 i started with dc too actually he have 3 offhand lol. nothing main hand.can yu put a trader for this ?lot ppl are on my situation. dropping just 1 piece the other where is ? Tyvm

That weapon should be able to be bought with Mountain seals. It would make more sense if they did this and it would help many who simply are not having any good luck with RNG. In fact, it would be nice to see the shirt and pants in the vendor as well.
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    at the end of kessell's retreat the chest youu need a key for only has the option to use the legendary dragon key you get off the zen sshop but not the kesssell's retreat key
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    Some of the lock boxes are still awarding Eldrich runes.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    edited July 2019
    Heist can be completed. I ran it plenty; usually get gold also usually top damage dealer by leaps and bounds compared to the next player. Usually player below me is all RADs on offense and yet they barely have any more power than I do in Bank Heist and yet they don't have enough critical strike or armor pen to be effective in level 70 content.

That later part is why most level 70 content is a challenging to many groups. I joined a CoDG group where the ask was for 180K power, I got in with my lowly 140K only because I knew the player forming the group. After 1 attempt I left the group as most of those player with 180K power lack crit or armor pen to be truly effective in lower content.

I tested my character out to ensure I have as close to the required stats as possible by doing private Q into each piece of content. I fixed my character based on that to ensure that I could effective in all content. Yeah I lack power compared to other in LoMM but I hold my own just fine in LoMM.

What many players forget is that you shouldn't just focus on LoMM you need to balance your character out for all content. If more players did this lower content wouldn't be as difficulty as it is right now.

@mebengalsfan#9264
    I have run two “Manycoins Bank Heist Skirmish” as part of the Daily Intermediate Que, since Mod 16 was introduced. Both times the PUGs I was with could not stay alive or didn't have enough DPS output to successfully complete it. I was the lowest item-level character as a 17K Paladin and the rest were 20k. My issue is the current PUGs are not adapting to the changes, we have failed the first one, and the second Que we abandoned it. I had no issues with the Manycoins skirmish before Mod 16, so what are the minimums requirements for this event? Do you prioritize Armor Penetration or Accuracy?
    - Rey

edited July 2019

"I got in with my lowly 140K "

You undermine the rest of your argument on this simple sentence alone. Simpoly put, if your power is 140 and, I assume, you hit all the correct caps for crit and armor pen, then you're not lowly. or at least you're way, way beyond the IL 13k that is the minimum requirement for the dungeon. At IL 13, you simply do *not* have all the stats capped and the power to spare, and neither do you at IL 16k.

If the minimum requirement is IL 13k, a full tea of IL 13k should be able to push through with skill. They sure as hell don't push through finely honed stats, because it's nigh on impossible to have them all perfectly balanced at that level. So the game should allow for those builds which are invariably inbalaced . This is not what happens, at all. Again, I have absolutely no problem with difficulty and will refer, yet again, to Lostmauth as what I consider to be a great example. Both lostmauth and the scorpions are more than manageable through skill, yet the fact that Lostmauth hits hard and its design actually imposes a strategy upon you create the difficulty can wipe quite a few veterans. Same with Drufi. Her ice attack is frankly infuriating, but I actually appreciate it because whenever I am caught, it is my fault and I was caught being greedy and not checking her animations. Instances like Manycoins, Tiamat or Castle Ravenloft ( to cite the worst examples I have foud) are ruined by the dreadful scaling implementation which effectively forces you to be quite, quite above what the tooltip says. An instance where Grast in Frozen Heart simply can't be killed because the poor lowbies ( who are running the content they should be running) simply can't outdamage through his regen. That's plain terribly design which effectively forces us to fall back on the be all of Neverwinter tactics: Overequip yourself until the content is made trivial. The exact same thing they claim to avoid with all these changes.

So, no. As it stands, half of this content is simply too broken to be in the game right now.
    Post edited by thegrimner#3435 on
  • whatzekrap#5142 whatzekrap Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    Since the new installation, my lvl 80 Barbarian constantly takes random damage from my Knights Defense. When I remove an insignia the damage subsides. Every 30-45 sec ranging from 1 to 100.

Also I've noticed a major debuff for the character as far as dmg but it seems to be standard. Ive had this character since approx 2015; so not sure if it's just mine and I need to start fresh or if there is something that can be corrected.

Since the new installation, my lvl 80 Barbarian constantly takes random damage from my Knights Defense. When I remove an insignia the damage subsides. Every 30-45 sec ranging from 1 to 100.

Also I've noticed a major debuff for the character as far as dmg but it seems to be standard. Ive had this character since approx 2015; so not sure if it's just mine and I need to start fresh or if there is something that can be corrected.

According to the patch notes, the issue will be fixed today.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11203883
    - Rey

edited July 2019
    Companion gear can no longer be donated to the guild coffer as surplus equipment. Those stronghold heroic encounter drops are even more useless now.
This discussion has been closed.