test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Apprentice's Ruined Armor

OK..I just know this is gonna be stupid and simple and I'm gonna look noobish..but I dont care..Where do i get the RUINED apprentice's Armor that I am suppose to convert into RUNED armor?

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Once you get to that part of the questline they drop from the runic HEs, and maybe in master expeditions.
  • belzar#7938 belzar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Thats what i was afraid of..that means I have the worse 'drop luck' on the planet..thanks for the answer.
    And I say maybe they drop from master expeditions is because a few patches ago on PC they stopped dropping for me, so.,...
    I've run 3 masters and 11 HE's..not a single piece has dropped so far
    They drop on the ground, and they do not auto-pickup. So it can be easy to miss them.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Yes they drop from the runic encounters. But you have to be at that point in the quest line (which I assume you are). They drop pretty frequently
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I'm just going to check and ask the obvious question...
    "Your character IS level 80, right?"
    Cos unless it is, nuthin' is dropping from those Runic Encounters.

If you ARE L80, you will see the normal RP gem stone drops, along with Blue gear drops, and every now and then a purple gear drop.
    The purple ones are the Ruined pieces and like the blue gear, (which is "Random Class BtA" so may be useful for alts, if not... RP,) they do not auto grab.
    You have to select them to pick up.

All that is completely independent of the runes that automatically drop into the currencies section of your inventory.

ETA...
    On second thought, I'm not sure that it's even possible to complete the campaign to the stage that @rickcase276 and @refriednut both point out, without already getting to level 80.

So it is just a case of making sure you have completed all of the tutorial Expeditions, including the first "Master" Expedition, before all that stuff will drop in the Runic Encounters.
    Post edited by mordekai#1901 on
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As stated above, make sure you've done all your quests. The gear pieces drop pretty frequently as I've gotten at least 3-4 from some REs.
  • shadowedsphynxshadowedsphynx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My personal experience, I just got a full set of ruined from a single corrupted dome. Keep an eye out for purple drops that look similar to the protectors boxes that the foreign merchant drops.
    I finally started getting them..have most pieces now...I guess i just wasnt getting any drops before..thanks for the help all :)