test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190519a.28

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11194593

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Gladiator's Guard (body slot) now provides .5% Defense, to a maximum of 6%.

You might want to revisit this. The problem with current items that grant extra defense is that it's already really easy to hit the defense cap. I've removed azure enchantments from all of my level-80 alts and they're still way over the cap. Unless you plan to increase the cap above 50%, I don't see where granting extra defense has any benefit.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Alabaster weapons now have a higher chance to drop if the player doesn't already own one.

this doesn't mean that it's going to be just as hard to get the second one to complete a set does it? easier to get one.... but super hard to get your off or main hand?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    While the companion changes are nice, when will companions in general become usefull again?
    At the moment they can't really "tank", they can't deal any noticable damage and their healing is a really bad joke.

More then enough players either sunk a lot of time or a lot of money into their former active companions, and those companions are now reduced to being a small percentage boost to an augment.

No offense, but shouldn't fixing this problem be much higher on the Devs to-do-list? I mean, do the Devs even know how broken companions are right now? For example, a standing torch (the ones you can be kicked into...) in Master Expeditions deals more damage then any maxed out epic (and probably legendary) "damage dealer" companion.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Will the Tenebrous enchantments ever be fixed? it still have an bug because enchantments of the same rank don’t stack % chance. Does nobody really check it?

Thanks
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Active Power Bonus from Alpha Compy companion is broken, this bonus decreases after changing the location.
  • riccaone#0604 riccaone Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Alabaster weapons now have a higher chance to drop if the player doesn't already own one.

this doesn't mean that it's going to be just as hard to get the second one to complete a set does it? easier to get one.... but super hard to get your off or main hand?

Yes please explain.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

"Successor Gear has been updated in the following ways.
    Call of the Undermountain (arms slot) now increases your power by 5% while active."

Useful. Useful that, useful.

"Terminus Expedition companion gear can now also drop from Master Expeditions."
    About Frakking... I mean... thanks. Useful. Useful, that.

Indeed.... yes, good changes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Since mod 16 release, almost all classes got fixed. But nothing for wizards. This is good news for thaumaturge, because it's a great paragon that works fine and has great dps, but not for arcanist, which capstone feat, "a step along mastery", is heavily bugged. Arcane mastery stacks don't grant extra buff. It also seems the "arcane presence" passive doesn't work as tooltip says.

Details: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249828/wizard-arcanist-a-step-above-mastery-and-arcane-presence-doing-half-of-their-job

Arcanist has on paper high potential and alternate play style, but no one chose it because thaumaturge has much more dps. Please have a look at these issues.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    margus23 said:

@nitocris83 This is getting very out of hand,When are you guys going to look into the barbarian class and finally fix this ????

asterdahl said barbie is in a great place and we should " git gud"
  • garret84garret84 Member Posts: 22 Arc User

Since mod 16 release, almost all classes got fixed. But nothing for wizards. This is good news for thaumaturge, because it's a great paragon that works fine and has great dps, but not for arcanist, which capstone feat, "a step along mastery", is heavily bugged. Arcane mastery stacks don't grant extra buff. It also seems the "arcane presence" passive doesn't work as tooltip says.

Details: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249828/wizard-arcanist-a-step-above-mastery-and-arcane-presence-doing-half-of-their-job

Arcanist has on paper high potential and alternate play style, but no one chose it because thaumaturge has much more dps. Please have a look at these issues.

Well. Did you report that about your class? I did about some bugs around clerics/
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Very dissapointing that you still not hearing the warlocks.
    Trading ap gain for con not good, ability scores mean nothing now. I was hoping for a tempting alternative to demon lord set, still cant get it.
    Im hoping that with the companion changes you fixed the hunting hawk prescence as well, will have to test it again así its not un the patch notes.
    Changes to sucessor and dungeon fixing very good.
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    adinosii said:

"Successor Gear has been updated in the following ways.
    Call of the Undermountain (arms slot) now increases your power by 5% while active."

Useful. Useful that, useful.

About Frakking... I mean... thanks. Useful. Useful, that.

Indeed.... yes, good changes.
    I wonder if the companion drops are from quest turn in from daily MEs or boss drops too ..?
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Chaos magic feat"Rapid recovery" on wizard still give nothing.
    Paralyis still is broken. Clean skills's they still delete the icon, not the effect. Another not much contributing patch.

• martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    thanks for correcting SW, now he will be able to remove the buffs from himself and will not be reborn. as it was happening.

<3
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    this patch broke my alts, none of my alts were able to hail the npcs or interact with surface items or able to travel, stuck in zone, portals are unclickable, but my items in bags are working fine.

also, unable to send ticket or report.

keep receiving messages, "System Notify:"
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    will miss momentum in mounts :(
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    btw

from quest giver or box prize ? if box prize would be empowered top increase the drop chance ?
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    @devs...CR...all sisters attack the one with the book no chance to lure 1. sister to the rest of the party...I got even attacked outside at campfire at the entrance
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    5 Characters x3Mes and not one companion equipment drop.
  • deeljaydeeljay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Some good things at work, I appreciate the work the devs put in, but my giant spider mount still makes me afraid I'll crush him going over a bump, and the last toon I'm going to lvl for a while still had a Shoth the Tomb Queen who looked like a spidery chihuahua. While everyone else is delving deeply into min/max math and the subtle joys of endgame RNG, I just want my spider back.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    What does "Terminus Expedition companion gear can now also drop from Master Expeditions." actually imply?
    I have yet to hear of anyone getting any.

Are we getting easter egged?
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    What the heck guys, It's not ok taking the Excavated Epic Mounts Pack and removing the legacy mounts after players have already received the pack with them in it. go ahead and change things going forward but in the spirit of fairness don't rob us of what we already have. Imagine if you will you were a player and had just received a legendary mount and before you had a chance to use it the people running the game did a patch and turned it into an epic mount. Please return to me what you took.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    "Players no longer need higher-than-intended armor penetration for Chult and Ravenloft. This was caused by an old buff that was still in place by accident in M16. Thank you for the reports."

[Combat Log] Your Repel deals 56622 (60517) Arcane Damage to Nemilos.

This is from a wizard with 80.5k Arm Pen. Against a Level 70 critter.

Chult is not as bad, but still requires 80k+ Arm Pen for full dmg. I don't remember the last time I was getting full dmg vs Barovia and Hunts (M15 most likely at this rate)
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    No patches for Cw nor ap, so i've only been testing companions and so far so good:
    1. owlbear works but its up to anyone who wants to use it, only did 2 tests with it in lmm and from ~100m damage, it did 2m, which is 2% in both runs. This is better than a 4k power comp at considerable high power, not to mention the bonus itself depends on your power. Imo i believe the proc rate needs to be improved, its a rare companion and with the current system, it kinda lacks compared to others but ok nonetheless.
    2. Manticore dint proc once, so nothing to say here.
    3. Cockatrice, the same issue as manticore, doesn't proc either.
    4. Leopard: in 42m it did 27k damage in 232 hits, so yes, trash, discard, works off based weapon damage and doesn't gain anything from buffs.
    5. Rustmonster, well nothing to test here, the bonus is just meeeeeh, in a game where u can have negatives, not sure why these bonuses even exist to begin with.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    The Mountaineer weapon set is now available from the Tarmalune trade bar store.