test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alabaster Weapons

Am I correct in the assumption that you get both Alabaster weapons from the expeditions while leveling up ?

I made a boo boo and skipped a whole expedition (don't ask) - is there any other way to complete the set as I only have one of the weapons ?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    You get Alabaster as random drops from the quest giver when doing Master expeditions (3 times per day).

The only worthwhile thing you get from the (non-Master) expeditions while leveling up is the Companion gear you get from the Terminus one....but that one is really a "must-have". Just make absolutely sure you get all 9 relics....there are 3 sections, 3 relics in each - never pass through the green portal unless you have found 3, 6 or 9 relics.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • stubbletuk#2505 stubbletuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great - thanks for the clarification - now to grind the 3 daily
  • mrdanthedeadman#3794 mrdanthedeadman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Hopefully they either increase the drop rate of the weapons or remove the garbage blue gear. I know the drop rate on PC was bugged and a majority of people didn't get the weapon set, some would continue to get either the main or off hand. Then there were the lucky few who would get multiple sets :/ I've only been getting the garbage blue gear so far... Swear if I ever meet the Red Feather clan I will wipe them from existence in Neverwinter.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I know the drop rate on PC was bugged and a majority of people didn't get the weapon set, some would continue to get either the main or off hand.

From where do you know it ?
    As far as I know it's pure RNG.

• jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    adinosii said:

You get Alabaster as random drops from the quest giver when doing Master expeditions (3 times per day).

The only worthwhile thing you get from the (non-Master) expeditions while leveling up is the Companion gear you get from the Terminus one....but that one is really a "must-have". Just make absolutely sure you get all 9 relics....there are 3 sections, 3 relics in each - never pass through the green portal unless you have found 3, 6 or 9 relics.

Oh boy. I skipped getting 9 relics. What is the companion gear (is it purple or light blue), and is it possible to "go back"?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    There are often gates (normal) that you unlock before facing a boss at the end of one of the three sections, (I've never found that to not be the case on stage 3...) and once you beat the boss you can go back through the dungeon to make sure you have all three relics.

But there are also swirly green portal gates that close out the section and move you on to the next. These cannot be travelled back through. BE CAREFUL with these as sometimes the section doesn't feature a "Boss" and you just need to clear lots of Mobs. But if you pass through the swirly green portal gate, you won;t be able to go back if you didn't get all three.

As Adinosii mentioned, anything less than all 9 and the reward is poo. It's worth spending the extra five minutes or more going back over section one or two to find that elusive missing one... it will make the Expedition worthwhile! Or rather, NOT doing it will render the Expedition a badly missed opportunity.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

adinosii said:

Oh boy. I skipped getting 9 relics. What is the companion gear (is it purple or light blue), and is it possible to "go back"?
    Its purple and its a ring. It is one of three good pieces of companion gear you get. Otherwise you are SoL.

Am I correct in the assumption that you get both Alabaster weapons from the expeditions while leveling up ?

I made a boo boo and skipped a whole expedition (don't ask) - is there any other way to complete the set as I only have one of the weapons ?

As other state you get this from the daily ME quest. It also can drop on the mini bosses as well. Some players are fortunate and get the weapons rather early others just have no luck.
  • dawndilion#7316 dawndilion Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Were having the same issues as PC. Some people have 3 OH and no main hand. And then people like me who get nothing buy trash blues and oh and ebonized grimoire 😒
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I have gotten 3 full sets of main n offhand and a buddy that runs the ME's with me has only gotten his main hand.

No Flower artifact or 1000 gear, RNG in this game is just messed up.

I have gotten 3 full sets of main n offhand and a buddy that runs the ME's with me has only gotten his main hand.

No Flower artifact or 1000 gear, RNG in this game is just messed up.

Only main hand thus far without any off hand. I have gotten two pieces of 1K gear but all worthless.

I ran into a player that had both main hand, off hand, good 1K head piece, the 1K boots, and 1k chest piece. He also told me he got the full flower set out of his box and has gotten multiple copies of the weapons as well. He has yet to get an ebonize shirt so he simply bought with seals of the deep the protege shirt.

RNG is just that RNG and some players seem to have it. The ones I see getting the weapons early are also the ones I see winning legendary mounts more often. I also see those same players getting better dungeon drops etc...

As for if you spend you get better award theory is HAMSTER as I have spent and still haven't gotten any good in quite a while. My last good ddrop was in Fane quite a while ago when I got my 2nd +5 Shadow Stalker ring.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User

RNG is just that RNG and some players seem to have it. The ones I see getting the weapons early are also the ones I see winning legendary mounts more often. I also see those same players getting better dungeon drops etc...

THIS! Reminds me of the old theory that your luck in game is decided at account creation, Think it was Ultima online that did this in the 90's

edited July 2019
    chimerax said:

THIS! Reminds me of the old theory that your luck in game is decided at account creation, Think it was Ultima online that did this in the 90's

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that is the case with this game. I think it is by character more than account. I have my Cleric only opening LB now and my awards out of them are better than if I any of my other characters opened them. Go figure.