test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold enemies taking NO damage after latest mod release

gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
After Undermountain was released and I had to redo all my character stats, ALL enemies in the stronghold take zero damage no matter what I throw at them. Prior to the release and stat redo of my character, this was never an issue. All other areas seems to function as intended. Anyone else experiencing this?
Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**

Comments

• Options
    drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I can only speak from my own experience. I have an Arcane Wizard, no enchants (other than utility ones for gold), purple primal gear, green Valindra neck/belt/artifact. Was 8683 at lvl 70 before mod 16, could do all T1s and Heroic Shard quests.

When they chose to *not* scale the SH and keep everything at level 80, it became clear that it was a waste of time and energy to try to do anything until I was level 80. So, I went off and did Well of Dragons and Maze Engine quests (after they were fixed) and in 5 days I went from 71 to 80 while advancing in the campaigns. For some reason the IL score is now 12329 probably due to my lvl 25 companion with R9 Bonding stones and the 'tweaking' of the numbers.

I always try an kill a pair of wolves behind the castle first (on the way to the Spider area/Lumberyard), it is my measure of 'effort'. Yesterday I was able to kill them with medium effort. Based on past experience (pre-Mod16) I should be able to do the Spiders/Drakes/Beasts/Devils if I add a few R8 enchants. But it honestly looks like T1 is now minimum 13000 IL. Granted this is on a Wizard rather than a GF or OP which has much higher defense.

The biggest thing affecting the SH (other than the unreliability of Marauders) is the retuning of the mobs. The advance to lvl 80 should have been a linear one, and apparently is not.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    you do need to be at 80. and if you don't have R8 enchants then do the beginning of undermountain...the equipment it gives you in the chest at the very beginning has R8s on it. At 80 you can then also get cheap rare lvl 80 gear for head, armor, arms, feet, shirt, pants. Then swap the R8s from the undermountain set you got for free. It definitely is not as easy as it was before. For me its not as hard as it was when SH was first released but about as hard as it was about a year into SH.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

After Undermountain was released and I had to redo all my character stats, ALL enemies in the stronghold take zero damage no matter what I throw at them. Prior to the release and stat redo of my character, this was never an issue. All other areas seems to function as intended. Anyone else experiencing this?

I quit before the mod came out cause I was so unhappy at what I saw on preview, but the other day when I was bored I did log-in, quickly re-did my stats and feats and went to my stronghold to have a look around and I got the same thing. No matter what I did, the mobs in stronghold took zero damage, not even one point. Prior to mod 16 I had no trouble soloing all but the largest HE's so I still should have been doing at least SOME damage bearing in mind my overall stats and gear. So you're not the only one.
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    A long while back they made it so if mobs are more than 4 or 5 levels higher than you, they take reduced (read: no) damage from you. So when they increased the level cap and made the mobs in stronghold level 80, you are no longer able to kill them as a returning player at level 70.
  • Options
    thestia said:

A long while back they made it so if mobs are more than 4 or 5 levels higher than you, they take reduced (read: no) damage from you. So when they increased the level cap and made the mobs in stronghold level 80, you are no longer able to kill them as a returning player at level 70.

"they take reduced (read: no) damage" can u explain this pls? is it reduced or is it none.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    aganway said:

thestia said:

"they take reduced (read: no) damage" can u explain this pls? is it reduced or is it none.
    You don't have enough Armor Penetration to get pass their defense. If you have enough Armour Penetration and accuracy, you can damage them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

aganway said:

thestia said:

You don't have enough Armor Penetration to get pass their defense. If you have enough Armour Penetration and accuracy, you can damage them.
    I went and checked my Armpen and Accuracy, AP : 52,870 Acc : 43,534 Is that not enough?
  • Options
    aganway said:

aganway said:

thestia said:

I went and checked my Armpen and Accuracy, AP : 52,870 Acc : 43,534 Is that not enough?
    I expect that would be enough to do damage. If you could not damage SH critters even a little bit at all, I don't know why.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    What level are you? If you are level 70, that would be the main reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    arazith07 said:

Can a level 70 with enough AP, Accuracy make a dent to level 80 mob? I expect it can. It may be slow and it may be a lot of effort and death but I expect it can still make some damage (no matter how small it is). This is not a scale down issue neither.
  • Options

arazith07 said:

Can a level 70 with enough AP, Accuracy make a dent to level 80 mob? I expect it can. It may be slow and it may be a lot of effort and death but I expect it can still make some damage (no matter how small it is). This is not a scale down issue neither.
    AP/ACC don't have much to do with it. The level difference alone causes attacks to do so little damage. With full AP/ACC you will be lucky to do damage in the hundreds. Anyone who tried to do some of the Maze engine quests when the leveling bug existed (down leveled to 60/70 but monsters still spawned at 80), would have noticed similar lack of damage. 4-5 levels below the monster causes you to do half damage, more than 7 iirc it's severely hampered to 95-99% damage reduction.
  • Options
    I originally just chimed-in to let the OP know someone else was also experiencing the same issue seeing they specifically asked, personally idc cause I'm not playing, but I would like to help identify a potential bug and help-out others if I can. Background: I'm basically exactly what I was before the mod roll-out with gear (I have heard in some Youtube vids that while the new gear gives higher stats, the older gear actually still can give more damage so from the small amount I know second-hand, the high-end gear I have should not be much of an issue to at least be doing some damage to low-level mobs in SH. All I've done to change is go through the reset blank feats (I had mine maxed prior so I have plenty of feat points on that score) and added power as much as possible because I heard power is now king. I also already had a set-up where I stacked power anyway so that would also help. It was the one and only time I have gone in and done anything or hit anything and I thought the Stronghold would be a good place to try it out seeing I solo'd everything fine before and was so familiar with the mobs in there having done it daily for so long for Stronghold currency to upgrade, I thought I would get a good idea of comparison on how it had changed. I was kind of shocked to start attacking mobs I used to melt and see absolutely no damage being done, not one tick. I could have experienced less damage than before and finding them harder to kill and just thought it was the new system and seen that to be normal if that was what had happened, but no damage at all felt strange. So when I saw this post I wanted to add a comment to confirm I'd had it happen as well. I can indeed understand that in situations like this where things are re-done, it can become harder to kill things, I have been reading all about the scaling for instance since the mod rolled-out and how people were finding things much harder to kill and how that situation has developed over time since with the patches to fix it, and I was prepared for spending maybe much longer to clear a HE. But killing something is not the same as doing damage, back in the day I was a squishy cleric with no power (didn't know what I was doing back then around mod 2 re builds) and I got used to slowly whittling down everything over long periods of time until I finally killed them, so I would have been ok now with the concept of shaving them down bit by bit while jumping around for ages if what I had before the rollout needed serious upgrading, but not doing any damage at all was not what I was expecting on this CW. So yea, not much more I can contribute to this thread now, only to say I experienced the same as the OP and it could indeed be a bug cause it just doesn't make sense that being at the standard I was before, I'm not able to do one point of damage there now even without moving off lvl 70. Hope it gets worked out for everyone.
  • Options
    aganway said:

I originally just chimed-in to let the OP know someone else was also experiencing the same issue seeing they specifically asked, personally idc cause I'm not playing, but I would like to help identify a potential bug and help-out others if I can. Background: I'm basically exactly what I was before the mod roll-out with gear (I have heard in some Youtube vids that while the new gear gives higher stats, the older gear actually still can give more damage so from the small amount I know second-hand, the high-end gear I have should not be much of an issue to at least be doing some damage to low-level mobs in SH. All I've done to change is go through the reset blank feats (I had mine maxed prior so I have plenty of feat points on that score) and added power as much as possible because I heard power is now king. I also already had a set-up where I stacked power anyway so that would also help. It was the one and only time I have gone in and done anything or hit anything and I thought the Stronghold would be a good place to try it out seeing I solo'd everything fine before and was so familiar with the mobs in there having done it daily for so long for Stronghold currency to upgrade, I thought I would get a good idea of comparison on how it had changed. I was kind of shocked to start attacking mobs I used to melt and see absolutely no damage being done, not one tick. I could have experienced less damage than before and finding them harder to kill and just thought it was the new system and seen that to be normal if that was what had happened, but no damage at all felt strange. So when I saw this post I wanted to add a comment to confirm I'd had it happen as well. I can indeed understand that in situations like this where things are re-done, it can become harder to kill things, I have been reading all about the scaling for instance since the mod rolled-out and how people were finding things much harder to kill and how that situation has developed over time since with the patches to fix it, and I was prepared for spending maybe much longer to clear a HE. But killing something is not the same as doing damage, back in the day I was a squishy cleric with no power (didn't know what I was doing back then around mod 2 re builds) and I got used to slowly whittling down everything over long periods of time until I finally killed them, so I would have been ok now with the concept of shaving them down bit by bit while jumping around for ages if what I had before the rollout needed serious upgrading, but not doing any damage at all was not what I was expecting on this CW. So yea, not much more I can contribute to this thread now, only to say I experienced the same as the OP and it could indeed be a bug cause it just doesn't make sense that being at the standard I was before, I'm not able to do one point of damage there now even without moving off lvl 70. Hope it gets worked out for everyone.

When the Mod first came out, everyone in the stronghold was scaled to 80 (like high end 26k+ iL scores), now there is no scaling. Even before Mod 16, there was some scale up to make SH doable for all levels (though not as much as when M16 first came out) So if you are level 70 fighting level 80 stuff, you are not going to do much damage. I wouldn't even try hitting anything in the SH until you are 78 tbh. Use the dummies in PE, Caer Konig, Dread ring, etc for figuring out rotations or damage and whatnot.
  • Options

When the Mod first came out, everyone in the stronghold was scaled to 80 (like high end 26k+ iL scores), now there is no scaling. Even before Mod 16, there was some scale up to make SH doable for all levels (though not as much as when M16 first came out) So if you are level 70 fighting level 80 stuff, you are not going to do much damage. I wouldn't even try hitting anything in the SH until you are 78 tbh. Use the dummies in PE, Caer Konig, Dread ring, etc for figuring out rotations or damage and whatnot.

Doing "not much damage" is not the same as doing NO damage.