test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Weapon enchant ?

chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
I know that Vorpal is considered Bis atm, but what about lightning for ACC ?

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Vorpal is simply, currently, the best option for DPS/Healing paths. Other Enchanment's can be fun and useful, for sure. However, if you are min/maxing, Vorpal is the answer...

va8Ru.gif
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Vorpal is simply, currently, the best option for DPS/Healing paths. Other Enchanment's can be fun and useful, for sure. However, if you are min/maxing, Vorpal is the answer...

The difference is minimal compared to other enchantments. I tried the dread, frost and vorpal. Yes Vorpal is better overall but not by leaps and bounds like the Fey was in prior mods.

• poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I play NW on Xbox and currently use a Feytouched Rank 13 (formerly UNP Feytouched). I could trade it in at the Antiquities dealer for a Vorpal but I am concerned that one of two things will happen 1) Cryptic nerfs Vorpal to bring it more in line with the other weapon enchantments or 2) Cryptic buffs the other weapon enchants to bring them more in line with Vorpal. IMHO one of the two should occur, preferably the latter. If one of those does happen (and I traded it in prior to that happening), I would have an account-bound enchantment that I could not trade or sell, which I would not have traded in had I known one of those scenarios was going to occur. So at least for now, I am most likely going to keep my Feytouched.

I play NW on Xbox and currently use a Feytouched Rank 13 (formerly UNP Feytouched). I could trade it in at the Antiquities dealer for a Vorpal but I am concerned that one of two things will happen 1) Cryptic nerfs Vorpal to bring it more in line with the other weapon enchantments or 2) Cryptic buffs the other weapon enchants to bring them more in line with Vorpal. IMHO one of the two should occur, preferably the latter. If one of those does happen (and I traded it in prior to that happening), I would have an account-bound enchantment that I could not trade or sell, which I would not have traded in had I known one of those scenarios was going to occur. So at least for now, I am most likely going to keep my Feytouched.

These are the same reason I have many R14 enchantments in my shared bank; you never know when you will need them and swapping enchantments in for another now could be an issue later on; it is better to hold onto them maybe use them in the future instead of wasting them.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    All these ones I used before MOD16 are working fine or well enough I suppose I haven't felt compelled to change any of them. Lifedrinker is doing the best for me so far.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Thank you all for the comments.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Vorpal for DPS/Heal

Lightning for Wizard

Lifedrinker for Tank.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Vorpal for DPS/Heal

Lightning for Wizard

Lifedrinker for Tank.

So if you have not been following the various threads about Critical Healing, you might want to seriously re-think Vorpal for healing. If you have a high power/Crit ratio, your change of actually doing a crit while healing rapidly approaches zero .... making Vorpal totally useless. On the other hand if your Crit is equal to or higher than your power, Vorpal may be useful as a healer.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
    tgwolf said:

Vorpal for DPS/Heal

Lightning for Wizard

Lifedrinker for Tank.

Bronzewood works well for any support character.

Just like if you play a support character the MC weapons are good still as they buff the DD. It is why my cleric and fighter will not use the new weapons; no reason to switch to them yet.
    edited June 2019

Just like if you play a support character the MC weapons are good still as they buff the DD. It is why my cleric and fighter will not use the new weapons; no reason to switch to them yet.

By "support" Character you mean a tank or a healer ... and both are better off upgrading to the new level 80 weapons. The level 80 weapons have a considerably higher base damage than the Masterwork level 70 weapons and you will need that increased base damage to be an effective healer or to maintain agro (which is now based on your DAMAGE) as a tank.

Mod 16 isn't about supporting one mighty DPS. Mod 16 is about every character having a role to play and doing it .... a 2% buff to the party DPS means nothing if you cannot heal the party when they need it, or hold agro as the tank.
  • tebtengri#5279 tebtengri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Can't figure out how to make a new post. What's the new ability points needed for warlocks?
    edited June 2019

Can't figure out how to make a new post. What's the new ability points needed for warlocks?

Ability scores are much more generic now and it depends a bit on what you want out of them. For MOST warlocks you would want Intelligence (for the magic damage bonus) followed by Charisma (For the cooldown reduction) and Dexterity (Movement and Critical Severity). Healing warlocks will instead want Wisdom (For the outgoing healing bonus).

With that said, ability scores do much less in Mod 16 than in previous mods (Each point of intelligence for example will give you +0.25% magic damage). In general, there's not a lot of point in getting any particular ability much over 20.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Bilethorn is fun option, close to Vorpal if you use Deadly Curse and spam Hellish Rebuke :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    fernuu said:

Bilethorn is fun option, close to Vorpal if you use Deadly Curse and spam Hellish Rebuke :)

Or a high level Death Slaad in an Offense slot, lol.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

fernuu said:

When I tried Death Slaad at Legendary I found that it wasn't nearly as good as it was for my Rogue friend with comparable item level. I don't think it even cleared 2% of my boss DPS, but my memory could be faulty. I remember it being fairly awful on Warlock and a little less bad on Wizard, but not good enough to keep on either of them.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    vorphied said:

tgwolf said:

fernuu said:

Problem is death slaad isn't procing from encounters at all, except for 1, which is dreadtheft.
    So either that's a bug and its not supposed to proc from encounters.
    OR more likely since they work great for other classes, its bugged and isn't being triggered by most encounters for a warlock

It should be great, each dot tick does between 1500-2000 ish for me every second, each dot is separate, so IF able to keep at 5 stacks, that's between 7500-10000 damage every second

The explosion is also broken, doesn't scale with armour pen or accuracy

edited June 2019

Problem is death slaad isn't procing from encounters at all, except for 1, which is dreadtheft.
    So either that's a bug and its not supposed to proc from encounters.
    OR more likely since they work great for other classes, its bugged and isn't being triggered by most encounters for a warlock

It should be great, each dot tick does between 1500-2000 ish for me every second, each dot is separate, so IF able to keep at 5 stacks, that's between 7500-10000 damage every second

The explosion is also broken, doesn't scale with armour pen or accuracy

Even on Wizard it was pretty bad when I was using it, and Thaum involves a fair amount of Ray of Frost usage, so you'd expect better results from the rapid procs.

I'll have to try it again on both classes just to see if anything has changed.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited July 2019

By "support" Character you mean a tank or a healer ... and both are better off upgrading to the new level 80 weapons. The level 80 weapons have a considerably higher base damage than the Masterwork level 70 weapons and you will need that increased base damage to be an effective healer or to maintain agro (which is now based on your DAMAGE) as a tank.

Mod 16 isn't about supporting one mighty DPS. Mod 16 is about every character having a role to play and doing it .... a 2% buff to the party DPS means nothing if you cannot heal the party when they need it, or hold agro as the tank.
    And if you need the new weapon to tank to hold aggro you are doing something wrong; I already tanked LoMM without any issues using the Bronzewood weapon. You don't need to do massive damage; you just need to know how to manage and hold aggro long enough for the damage dealer to kill things.

As for a healer; 2K more power for your healing isn't going to make all that much of a difference; again the 2% bonus damage will though as damage bonus are still multiplier. If the damage dealer has proper damage bonus gear and gets another 4% more from the tank and healer it makes a bigger difference than slightly better stats for the support roles.

I'm a firm believer about buffing when we can it helps the group out.

tgwolf said:

fernuu said:

Hunting Hawk for the added damage bonus. I find this works better than a legendary power companion.

tgwolf said:

fernuu said:

Hunting Hawk for the added damage bonus. I find this works better than a legendary power companion.
    That bonus is at best highly situational since it depends on the player maintaining range from the target, which is usually not advisable and is sometimes not even possible. The reliable damage bonus from one or two Shadowstalker rings has consistent and easy uptime with pretty much all fights and has the bonus of making life easy on the healer by encouraging the DPS to stay close.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH