test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Basic Melee Warden Build

13»

Comments

• teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Took a couple minutes to make the Orcus set and it does make a difference.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    What a shame ... I was gonna stick to orcus simply cause I had it, but then I got the artis and a set piece from Zok and decided to change ... simply to finally get rid of orcus! :D
    - bye bye -
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I still think tales of old set and apprentice set are comparable to orcus. With proc I have over 200k power, 118CA and tales of old with recovery buff from attributes and extra physical damage, my trapper build has been able to out damage everyone except a few wizard friends at my level (broken class).

Trapper builds are just more difficult. You really need to make sure deft strikes and aspect of the serpent buffs constricting arrow and hindering strike every rotation. The burst damage is insane.
    edited June 2019
    Wizards are beast but if you hit them first you will drop them. The wizard at the top of our leaderboard is a guild member and we simultaneously killed each other. My three encounters were quick enough to drop him. But, the recovery is the killer, I have to run a lot and reset. It sucks.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited June 2019
    I tried running my PvP Trapper build in a ME and its no where as good as a combat build. During the run a shirt dropped stating a bonus of having 75% or more Stam grants +3% damage. So the run was not bad after all. But, I did switch back to combat for the final two MEs.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    Yes I did some testing. Combat is by far better. Its depressing =[. Archer downright sucks.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, I couldn't get an archer build to work at all this mod on pc.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @jman311#6534

It's every HR progression, trying archery, make some good damages, but feeling like something is missing and not enough synergies.

Start playing combat, make tons of damages, and say F*** archery, I don't need a bow
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

@jman311#6534

It's every HR progression, trying archery, make some good damages, but feeling like something is missing and not enough synergies.

Start playing combat, make tons of damages, and say F*** archery, I don't need a bow

Sadly, this is true. I really want Archery to be viable and not just in a niche way. Alas, I've wanted that since HR's came out.
    I aim to misbehave
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    so fear bringers have at will damage but the terrored just encounters. we use at wills more than we use encounters. is the lost 30 percent from the daily more significant than 3 percent to both at wills and encounters?
    On an act-run in LoMM a day or 2 ago, I remember stormstrike was top on the damage list, forgot where call the storm was, I'll have to do it again. I did think the same though at the time.

@jonkoca but your take at the time asking the same question was still terrored best?
    Are all of those lightning strikes from call of the storm considered daily damage? If so, I'd stick with terrored grips.

Is Ebony stained hide still not working? That should theoretically be BIS chest piece.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The lightning strikes (called Lightning Enchanted Weapon) do not count as daily damage.

Combat logs say encounters deal 50% of all damage at the very least while at-wills 25% at most. So terrored grips are definitely better than fearbringers even if you don't use daily actions at all.
    Post edited by artifleur on
    edited June 2019
    On trash sure, encounters rule the day. However, on bosses, stormstrike, buffed by encounters and call the storm, takes over, in my case anyway. Btw. Fearbringers buff both encounters and at-wills - with a 30% loss to dailies.

Finally got round to grinding another pair of enduring boots, so I'm running those and fearbringers this week to see how it goes.
    Do enduring boots stack with ebony raid shirt for 2x 3% damage when stamina above 75%?
    No they don't - could be a bug, could be wai, who knows.

After 2 lomm runs, dumped the boots, I never have more than 75% stam. Keeping fearbringers though.
    jonkoca said:

Fearbringers buff both encounters and at-wills

D'oh! Never mind what I said.
    edited June 2019
    ppl on facebook are saying terror is broken and the bonus doesn't proc.. so I went looking for it and sure enough it doesn't show up in the list of buffs. neither does HAMSTER for tat on fear bringers. and the shadowstalker doesn't stack. just the one brutes might not x2

haha, their own wording on gear is censored, second edit it unhamstered after I wrote that. so weird
    TG doesn't work? Ugh
    edited June 2019
    Here are ACT results for a LoMM run with terrored grips.

All run

At-will damage : Storm Strike & Clear the Ground 17.4% + 3.6% = 21%
    Daily damage : Call of the Storm 4.6%

Trobriand only

At-will damage : Storm Strike 27%
    Daily damage : Call of the Storm 2.6%

Now how how much would I gain and lose by replacing terrored grips by fearbringers?

All run
    21%*0.03 ---> +0.63%
    4.6%*(-0.3) ---> -1.38%

Trobriand
    27%*0.03 ---> +0.81%
    2.6%*(-0.3) ---> -0.78%

This isn't perfectly correct but it gives a rough idea.

Basically, considering the +% damage effects only, fearbringers aren't really better then terrored grips unless you purposely don't use CotS.

Now terrored grips also give a little bit more stats, including 400 power.

All things considered, I think terrored grips decidedly are the best choice, but the difference is small.

By the way, encounter damage remains far more important than at-will damage even against bosses, 46% versus 27%.
    edited June 2019

ppl on facebook are saying terror is broken and the bonus doesn't proc.. so I went looking for it and sure enough it doesn't show up in the list of buffs. neither does HAMSTER for tat on fear bringers. and the shadowstalker doesn't stack. just the one brutes might not x2

The list of buffs doesn't mean much. Swordman's Perk (kiuno, heels, rings) appears there only because you can stack it up to twice.

AFAIK both terrored grips and fearbringers work just fine. But they aren't "procs" but buffs so you have to compare damage with and without them. Shadowstalker rings also work the same way they did before, same quality rings don't stack but +5 and +4 do.
    artifleur said:

The list of buffs doesn't mean much. Swordman's Perk (kiuno, heels, rings) appears there only because you can stack it up to twice.

AFAIK both terrored grips and fearbringers work just fine. But they aren't "procs" but buffs so you have to compare damage with and without them. Shadowstalker rings also work the same way they did before, same quality rings don't stack but +5 and +4 do.
    yeah since then sharp confirmed it was indeed working but an error in the buff bar. and I see you've confirmed it as well. tyvm.
    So it looks like - if you could be bothered - terrored grips for trashclearing, and fearbringers for bosses.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Does it really matters? Trash melt anyway
    Based on the analysis, it looks like a wash to be honest.
    edited July 2019
    combatants maneuver.. someone was saying on the discord that boars engaged this bonus,
    is it true? if so i'll have to reslot that insignia. I didn't think we had anything in our kit anymore than activated that.

edit, I've since been able to log on and check. it does proc it.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on