test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment ranking

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
Low level enchants are flooding the market badly since the enchant overhaul a year or so back, while i don't want to go back to the way it was in having to use an equal enchant to rank it up it would be nice if using the same type of ench at any rank gave u a chance to crit and make it a plus one ench for like a ten percent bonus. Maybe add in a reroll feature that takes new refinement. Something like that might add some value back to ench and runes
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    On PC, R5's have increased a lot in price, due (almost?) no drops for bots, but the console market seems so over-saturated with dirt cheap R7-10's, that I have a hard time seeing it ever drying up.

I dread to see how the next 3-4 weeks turn out, depending on how many serious bugs are left in the build we get...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

On PC, R5's have increased a lot in price, due (almost?) no drops for bots, but the console market seems so over-saturated with dirt cheap R7-10's, that I have a hard time seeing it ever drying up.

I dread to see how the next 3-4 weeks turn out, depending on how many serious bugs are left in the build we get...

I don't hope to see the market dry out but it would be nice to see some value return. I think something like I proposed would accomplish that. especially if they made it that rare bird that's almost impossible to catch.

and yeah it will be interesting. the first week or two on pc was really populated but the steam charts show a pretty dramatic loss of players since that first week or two. that has not been changing course that I can see since the fix launched. it will be interesting to see how well we take it with just the fix and without the dire absolutely unplayable first few weeks they had.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I'm expecting around a 20% of the game console population to quit. You will see an initial spike or increase in the game population today, tomorrow and heading into this weekend. By early next week some who are lower level will get frustrated and quit. The same will be said for those who are in the middle of the pack and players like myself who are maxed IL currently will also experience some frustration and quit.

The change to the game basic core is pretty significant and it will be enough to drive away roughly 20% of the population if not more.

I had three characters all near max IL just in December. I have stripped down two to nothing. Both of the characters I stripped down were my support characters; going into mod 16 I'm only playing as a damage dealer, no more support for me with the removal of buffing and debuffing.

All my friends that played support did the same thing I did, stripped down their support character and are playing now a damage dealer class. Yeah mod 16 is going to change the landscape of players at end game and lower level players.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    20%...what an arbitrary number...where did you pull that out of?

As a console player that played the PC version I can say without question the console rollout was MUCH BETTER. As a pretty much max level Arbiter, I’ve had no problems blowing through the campaign...unlike my pc Arbiter on initial release.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

20%...what an arbitrary number...where did you pull that out of?

As a console player that played the PC version I can say without question the console rollout was MUCH BETTER. As a pretty much max level Arbiter, I’ve had no problems blowing through the campaign...unlike my pc Arbiter on initial release.

ppl are confused and overwhelmed on console. I have heard a lot of talk of quitting. but yeah this is way better than pc roleout. I was also there.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As a console player, I can say that most, if not all, of my guildmates were expecting a doomsday event. While it wasn't that bad, I see a divided batch of players that mostly revolves around what class/es you played before.

I see Rogues, Barbies and Rangers adjusting rapidly. I see pallies, fighters and clerics having some issues adjusting to the changes after 1 day. I haven't gotten to see too many wizards in action yet but I imagine they will fall in the pack with the other DPS classes.

Support classes, in my opinion, got the raw end of the deal with having to adjust to new gameplay. I'm sure with some time they'll catch on though.

While I've heard some quit chatter it has been minimal. The new campaign has been easy to get through solo for me so far (running pally through first). I've run a few dungeons to see how bad that was.

• Prophecy was never a favorite and it was a test in how much patience I had to endure it.
    • Shores was a breeze
    • CN was fairly easy (found Orcus to be easier than the rest of the dungeon)
    • FBI was slower than the past but still fairly simple. Died more than in the past in some areas and less in others. Surprisingly, I found the hill climb to now be much easier than before if only because all the cheap one shots were gone.

Overall, things take longer but nothing feels undoable...yet.

With that said, I'm not sure how keen I am to run 2-3 year old content just to receive rewards that are suited for players still leveling up more than mid-endgame players.