test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game need more dungeon per mod

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
If the developer could gives us 4 to 5 dungeon per mod/campaign and have their story revolve around dungeon instead of dailies or weekly quest, that would be so awesome. Make it so that the dungeon are the dailies. Completing them progress us through the campaign and unlock even more dungeon. At the end of the campaign give us a 10 man raid. I rather have the dailies as a dungeon run than doing repetitive errand like killing x mob or collect x stuff.

Just look at DDO. Everytime they release a content they bring 4-5 dungeon. And that's normal content. If they bring in big campaign, its like 8-10 dungeon with 1-2 raid. There is no dailies HAMSTER. Just talk to npc and go to this dungeon. After complete that dungeon, u complete the quest and return to that npc and move on to the next dungeon. Up to date, they had like 5000 dungeon for the player to explore. If u guys are able to present your story like this in your campaign setting, that would be so cool and u guys wont be facing problem like lack of content after u raise a level cap.

In short, don't waste your resources on huge map, heroic encounter and daily quest. Just give is a map to act as a hub where quest giver npc dwell and point us to our dungeon.

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Only if they can make them dynamic, where they will increase in difficulty with more people in your party. So that this would satisfy those that prefer to group up and those that prefer to run things solo.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    They're sitting on some perfectly good dungeons that people could run but Stubbornness has set in at Cryptic. They just will NOT re-release them into the general queue.

Cloak Tower (epic)
    Frozen Heart (epic)
    Caverns of Karrundax (epic)
    Lair of the Pirate King (epic)
    Spellplague Caverns (original, epic)
    Throne of Idris (leveling and epic)
    Lair of the Mad Dragon (leveling and epic)
    Dread Vault (leveling and epic)
    Castle Never (original, epic only)

ALL of these were present, in the queues, able to be run at any time prior to Mod 6. The designer of Mod 6 thought that his vision was better and had them all removed. For some unfathomable reason, even though that designer was removed from the game, the powers that be are somehow incapable of admitting that removing them was a mistake.

An important point that's worth mentioning is that except for the last two on the list, the difficulty of the dungeons and the rewards were all about the same. WHAT THEY PROVIDED WAS VARIETY. You weren't pigeonholed into just running, for example, ToNG over and over ad nauseam because CR was too tough and the rewards of the lesser dungeons made them not worth running. This concept has been utterly lost on the devs, it seems. Now all we get are single dungeons at any given difficulty level, so for any given player there is only one "appropriate" choice of which dungeon to run. No wonder we're bored.

In a recent livestream @mimicking#6533 addressed the question of the original CN and said he wouldn't want it re-released because it took so long to run and players wanted quicker runs. God forbid they simply put it out there in the queue and simply ***see*** if players ran it or not. Here's a thought: have the end chest drop level-80 artifact weapons. People would be running it night and day.

I think the problem is that the designers are suffering from Must Muck With What Already Works syndrome. Either that or Must Put My Personal Mark On It syndrome. Just swallow some pride and re-release them already.

If I could wave a magic wand, all of the above dungeons would be re-released. Then, I'd add a new mechanism to the queues: we would be to select any dungeon we wanted and then we could select a difficulty and reward tier. Can't run CR at its current difficulty? Select a lower difficulty tier that grants lesser rewards. We would be able to do this for ANY dungeon: everyone from a fresh level-80 to endgame would be able to run any dungeon at their preferred level of difficulty. Then we would have true variety.

And none of this Tales of Old rubbish. Everything would go into the general queues. Variety is the spice of life.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

They're sitting on some perfectly good dungeons that people could run but Stubbornness has set in at Cryptic. They just will NOT re-release them into the general queue.

Cloak Tower (epic)
    Frozen Heart (epic)
    Caverns of Karrundax (epic)
    Lair of the Pirate King (epic)
    Spellplague Caverns (original, epic)
    Throne of Idris (leveling and epic)
    Lair of the Mad Dragon (leveling and epic)
    Dread Vault (leveling and epic)
    Castle Never (original, epic only)

ALL of these were present, in the queues, able to be run at any time prior to Mod 6. The designer of Mod 6 thought that his vision was better and had them all removed. For some unfathomable reason, even though that designer was removed from the game, the powers that be are somehow incapable of admitting that removing them was a mistake.

An important point that's worth mentioning is that except for the last two on the list, the difficulty of the dungeons and the rewards were all about the same. WHAT THEY PROVIDED WAS VARIETY. You weren't pigeonholed into just running, for example, ToNG over and over ad nauseam because CR was too tough and the rewards of the lesser dungeons made them not worth running. This concept has been utterly lost on the devs, it seems. Now all we get are single dungeons at any given difficulty level, so for any given player there is only one "appropriate" choice of which dungeon to run. No wonder we're bored.

In a recent livestream @mimicking#6533 addressed the question of the original CN and said he wouldn't want it re-released because it took so long to run and players wanted quicker runs. God forbid they simply put it out there in the queue and simply ***see*** if players ran it or not. Here's a thought: have the end chest drop level-80 artifact weapons. People would be running it night and day.

I think the problem is that the designers are suffering from Must Muck With What Already Works syndrome. Either that or Must Put My Personal Mark On It syndrome. Just swallow some pride and re-release them already.

If I could wave a magic wand, all of the above dungeons would be re-released. Then, I'd add a new mechanism to the queues: we would be to select any dungeon we wanted and then we could select a difficulty and reward tier. Can't run CR at its current difficulty? Select a lower difficulty tier that grants lesser rewards. We would be able to do this for ANY dungeon: everyone from a fresh level-80 to endgame would be able to run any dungeon at their preferred level of difficulty. Then we would have true variety.

And none of this Tales of Old rubbish. Everything would go into the general queues. Variety is the spice of life.

Yea, I still don't get why they remove those dungeon in mod 6. Did those staff that they fired back then deleted them?
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Only if they can make them dynamic, where they will increase in difficulty with more people in your party. So that this would satisfy those that prefer to group up and those that prefer to run things solo.

That's already in the game. Running a 1 rune ME solo gets less enemies with less HP and less damage than running a 1 rune ME with a full party of five.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    that why we need tales of old needs to become tales of legend queue(permanent) that give legendary quality queue for all dungeons, also all dungeon should have a leveling quality queue (green quality drops for companions(includes vanity pets), artifacts, rp stones and gear), common queue for all dungeons( blue quality drops for companions(includes vanity pets), artifacts, rp stones and gear), epic queues for all dungeons(purple quality companions(includes vanity pets), artifacts, rp stones and gear, legendary queue
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited June 2019

That's already in the game. Running a 1 rune ME solo gets less enemies with less HP and less damage than running a 1 rune ME with a full party of five.
    yeah... but a 3 rune ME isnt in any way challenging or rewarding so thats not a good comparison
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    They need to add more dungeons yes yes... but more important they need to keep dungeons interesting after each mod.

With rewards up to date, and difficulty (or layers of penalties like tales of old), and some random in mobs (like we have in ME)

So, they need to rethink the entire dungeon system, but not much because they have the tools in the game already. But something need to be done, because this game was in the best state in mod 0-2 when all the dungeons were profitable (more or less) and challenging.

I hope we can see the whole dungeon system revamped in a future mod. The game needs it.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Personally.. I could care less about old dungeons and I think most of the fault of mod 16, lays in making old content viable forever..

I would rather run 4-5 new dungeons 2-3 new skirms and 1-2 trials a year.. then what they do. Which is basically 1 new skirm or dungeon with each mod every 3-4 months on average (sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit shorter) Sometimes they are fun to play, sometimes they suck, sometimes they are broken and barely ever run .

They can keep the old stuff , none of them reward anything anyways.. just as a gateway for new players to earn AD.

But clearly they drove the direction they did..

In other games after 2-3 years they did revamps of old dungeons and after the long layoff, they felt pretty fresh.

Its a total falsity to remake a game to make all content viable forever..

on the flip side, they totally will never have a team to do enough new content.. so its a moot point.

IF you want to be honest with yourself.. this is what you will always get.. 1 trial(maybe), 2 dungeons 1-2 skirms a year.. then 2-3 campaigns and loads of weeklies and dailies to keep you peons happy (why this would make anyone really happy is beyond me)

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

They need to add more dungeons yes yes... but more important they need to keep dungeons interesting after each mod.

With rewards up to date, and difficulty (or layers of penalties like tales of old), and some random in mobs (like we have in ME)

So, they need to rethink the entire dungeon system, but not much because they have the tools in the game already. But something need to be done, because this game was in the best state in mod 0-2 when all the dungeons were profitable (more or less) and challenging.

I hope we can see the whole dungeon system revamped in a future mod. The game needs it.

I have to agree the quality of the old days are gone. I'm still wondering what happen back then.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

yeah... but a 3 rune ME isnt in any way challenging or rewarding so thats not a good comparison
    It was no comparison, it was just a hint that the code for dynamic dungeons as it was requested is already in the game. Active and working.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And what I was getting at, is if they released a mod with only group content it would not go over well with much of the player base.