test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I take it that we'll have to purchase a Race Reroll if we need to redistribute our Racial Bonuses?

tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
Since literally every existing Character/Class will likely want to do so, we really shouldn't have to go about buying them for this.

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    We weren't given free race re-rolls on PC, so I doubt consoles will get them either.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Yeah, not looking forward to re-rolling (not that there's any "rolling" left) to ugly a$$ Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn on all characters (that I'll use).
    If only helmets would work on DB, instead of just mask & hats...
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Yeah, looks like I'll have to redistribute points for half my characters - couple thousand zen right down the drain.
    Kind of sucks.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Some at least don't need re-rolling.

Rogue, Ranger and Barb. are fine if you're happy with STR and DEX which are great choices, some will go with switching DEX to CON or CHA but the bonuses to AP Gain/Recharge are nowhere near worth it.

Warlocks will need to Reroll for INT for Magic Damage.
    Cleric should be fine if you already ran WIS/CHA.
    Wizards should already be running INT.
    STR/CON for Fighter.
    Paladin is tbd imo.
    But too ability scores really do not make that entirely much difference. They only give .25% per point. So in the end you wont notice it very much. And wisdom does not much help an arbiter cleric, they need intelligence.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

But too ability scores really do not make that entirely much difference. They only give .25% per point. So in the end you wont notice it very much. And wisdom does not much help an arbiter cleric, they need intelligence.

This was my thought. Is it really worth putting up with a pug ugly character for the minimal returns?
    I know that for some people, min maxing to the absolute micro gain is a big part of playing, but I'm fairly sure that the capacity for capping stats isn't going to rely on race rerolls...
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

This was my thought. Is it really worth putting up with a pug ugly character for the minimal returns?
    I know that for some people, min maxing to the absolute micro gain is a big part of playing, but I'm fairly sure that the capacity for capping stats isn't going to rely on race rerolls...
    I already use and like Dragonborn.

Not an issue for me.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think with the reroll to ability points you should get the race stat allocate too. At least I was specting that when rerolling ability points.

A race reroll is to change race, this is a complete different thing than reasigne the racial bonus.

Needing a race reroll to change racial bonus to one ability to other is weird.

@nitocris83 could you check if this is working as intended? or is just a thing that the devs overlooked?

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    We weren't given the ability to change the racial ability scores on PC, so I would suspect it is working as intended.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It really doesn't matter. The ability points give only 0.25 or 0.50% now, instead of the 1% they used to give, and quite frankly the difference they make is tiny, compared to differences from gear and skill.
    Hoping for improvements...