What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Q&A Stream Follow up & Next Steps

1234568»

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2019

@nitocris83

In addition, we have scheduled streams for May 21, May 30, June 4, and June 13. We are also planning a Reddit AMA for early June.

We are also planning another stream for the week of the 20th (Final date and time TBD). We will be providing a game status update as well as addressing questions on powers, classes, feats, stats, etc. ....

I asked my questions on this forum, as did others, but upon watching the video saw that "live questions" get priority over questions sent through the forum. This is fairly problematic for those of us who work - 11am (2pm my local time) in the middle of a workday is not going to be an easy time for a lot of people to open Twitch. I do watch it as soon as I get home while I'm working on material for my second job though and was waiting to see if even one of the forum questions was answered. You showed you had the printout then answered a single question, just one, from it.

I understand the feeling that a "live" question is more immediate, but if these live chats keep being broadcast in the middle of a workday - that's never going to be an option for some of us and the forums or reddit (also middle of the day) will be all we have. So how do we get our concerns addressed if forum questions will be ignored?

Indeed, what is even the point of this forum if it is so completely ignored (showing "we printed it" is not paying attention to what was said)?
    Being realistic can be helpful. Unless they were going to do a live 24/7 hour online gig, there is just no way to get to every forum question in a reasonable timeframe. The forums are a 24/7/365 medium. So you are just going to have to join in during normal business hours on one of the mediums that they are answering questions. If you really want to get your question answered, then you are going to have to attend one of these events and hope they call on your question.

They are doing a lot here. They can do more. But one must admit they are really reaching out like never before.

I will say one of these events SHOULD happen on the forum for those with busy schedules. Perhaps a weekly focused Q&A would be effective. For example, the moderators scrub for forum questions that weren't answered live at the events and Julia presents to Foss and crew for some feedback.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    So is all this why the Console releases got pushed back week? And with that why wasn't the Tarmalune Trade Bar sale pushed back a week along with everything else? Because honestly in my mind part of the purpose of that sale right after a new mod is to buy all the new items that enter the Trade Bar store. Also, if you wanna give us a good benefit in a show of good faith unlock the Mountaineer Weapon Set and the associated armor immediately in the Trade Bar store (on PC at least set console at the same date difference) instead of trying to milk and push all of us to spend currently $150 with discount or $200 normally for the new bonus box? That would be another good way to show the PC people you care about the mistakes you made and that it's also not all about the money for you guys. And considering the current screw up with the charge event it would be nice.
  • yoshiyahu#6997 yoshiyahu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @aandrethegiant

Being realistic can be helpful. Unless they were going to do a live 24/7 hour online gig, there is just no way to get to every forum question in a reasonable timeframe. The forums are a 24/7/365 medium. So you are just going to have to join in during normal business hours on one of the mediums that they are answering questions. If you really want to get your question answered, then you are going to have to attend one of these events and hope they call on your question.

They are doing a lot here. They can do more. But one must admit they are really reaching out like never before.

I will say one of these events SHOULD happen on the forum for those with busy schedules. Perhaps a weekly focused Q&A would be effective. For example, the moderators scrub for forum questions that weren't answered live at the events and Julia presents to Foss and crew for some feedback.

This would work as well, anything that allows feedback. Currently, the timing makes it so any player who works an 8-5 (or 9-6 or 10-7 or etc) job - cannot participate. If they start these by asking us to put questions in the forums (which they did) they set the expectation that they will be answering more than one or two of them so we can check the feed later and see if maybe one of ours was picked.

They can do a 40-60% balance with the forum questions on the low-end, doesn't have to be the main priority, but to ignore all but 1 or 2? I might as well delete my post and just move on.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

The twitch recordings keep getting deleted So the records of what is promised vanish along with them. Follow up threads often never materialize. Answers are sometimes dismissive, the questions are not read in full or are changed in the asking. And i get the very real impression that sometimes people are playing dumb in their answers.

Many of the problems complained about are still present and all promises to rectify them vanish with the VODs.

can you see why we are loosing faith in this process?
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

Conclusion: you don't give a HAMSTER about players, game is super boring now, with no real options, almost everything is nerfed to a useless point, CD are excessive, control is insane, the game is still filled with one-shots, scaling is a mess, divinity sucks, the pets suck, AP generation is too low, the game is getting more elitist, the community is super pissed... And you say everything is going fine?

not that I disagree but this gave me a laugh. did you remember to breathe while writing this :)