test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Queue Vote to Abandon Dungeon Rework?

2»

Comments

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Thank god there is vote to abandon.

I just hate being added to a failed group, only to fail some more. Vote abandon helps removing these groups.

The real problem is the random queue requirements which are much too low and let characters enter the queue with no hope of being of any use to the group.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Thank god there is vote to abandon.

I just hate being added to a failed group, only to fail some more. Vote abandon helps removing these groups.

The real problem is the random queue requirements which are much too low and let characters enter the queue with no hope of being of any use to the group.

Not all low ilevel are a fail. I have fail with a group of 20k+ that likes to eat everything in the face and clueless on the boss mechanic, while win with a 17k+ alts that know what they are doing. The problem you had are just that u have high expectation over others and low tolerance with longer runs. It has nothing to do with "vote to abandon instance". As long as its PUG, all those scrub that u despise are just gonna keep coming even if u closes the instance and start a new. If u cant tolerate to play with low ilevel then start a premade. But if u raise the ilevel requirement, those low ilevel are going to have hard time catching up. Just imagine how many times of leveling que u need to play to reach 100k rad and who is normal enough to do that? Its just a selfish thought to ask for raising random que requirement just because u don't have the patience to deal with low ilevel.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Not all low ilevel are a fail. I have fail with a group of 20k+ that likes to eat everything in the face and clueless on the boss mechanic, while win with a 17k+ alts that know what they are doing. The problem you had are just that u have high expectation over others and low tolerance with longer runs. It has nothing to do with "vote to abandon instance". As long as its PUG, all those scrub that u despise are just gonna keep coming even if u closes the instance and start a new. If u cant tolerate to play with low ilevel then start a premade. But if u raise the ilevel requirement, those low ilevel are going to have hard time catching up. Just imagine how many times of leveling que u need to play to reach 100k rad and who is normal enough to do that? Its just a selfish thought to ask for raising random que requirement just because u don't have the patience to deal with low ilevel.

I only queue alone for RLQ and sometimes RIQ. I've seen runs in which I did over 90% of total damage. I've seen bank heist fail because several characters couldn't even scratch the mobs' HP bar. They weren't necessarily bad players, they just couldn't do anything and yet they met the requirements.

I've been a noob before, and I've never asked anyone to drag me through content in which I couldn't do anything, no damage, no healing, die in 2 hits.

In fact I don't think it's any more fun for the new player. The requirements for random queues should be high enough to guaranty that all players will be at least somewhat useful. If you wanna drag lowbies through content too hard for them you can do it in private queue.

As for RAD's, all they have to do is get to level 80 and do master expeditions. That will earn them better gear and more RAD's than wasting their time trying to do random queues.
    edited June 2019
    artifleur said:

kangkeok said:

I only queue alone for RLQ and sometimes RIQ. I've seen runs in which I did over 90% of total damage. I've seen bank heist fail because several characters couldn't even scratch the mobs' HP bar. They weren't necessarily bad players, they just couldn't do anything and yet they met the requirements.

I've been a noob before, and I've never asked anyone to drag me through content in which I couldn't do anything, no damage, no healing, die in 2 hits.

In fact I don't think it's any more fun for the new player. The requirements for random queues should be high enough to guaranty that all players will be at least somewhat useful. If you wanna drag lowbies through content too hard for them you can do it in private queue.

As for RAD's, all they have to do is get to level 80 and do master expeditions. That will earn them better gear and more RAD's than wasting their time trying to do random queues.
    The whole point of PUG (edit) is to mix between old and new player so those high ilevel old player could help out those new low ilevel player. In short its to help new player progress so they are able to join the end game player group. But if those high ilevel old player does not wanna help, its fine. The game still gives old player a choice to set his own premade group.

Master expedition helps but that only cover 24k assuming a 1 rune run since most people wants only 20k+ for 3rune. But the rest of 70k+rad they still need to grind with 2k rad each leveling que run. Current random que requirement is fine. They just need 15k ilevel to join RIQ. The gear they get from the start of undermountain + ME 950 gear is enough to get them pass 15k ilvl. Raising this requirement are gonna land them in absurd situation where they need to grind 2k ad from just leveling que.

So no, if u don't wanna help newbie, just go make a premade group and play with 24k people. Leave it to others that's willing to carry with them. Just don make their life difficult.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Disallowing the "Abandon Instance" group vote and restricting the choices to players either deciding to stay or leave individually and take the leaver's penalty would take care of that...

People who quit get the probationary 'time out' and won't be immediately queuing for another random run.

The penalty doesn't apply after you have attempted the dungeon for 15 or more minutes or are you asking that anyone who leaves gets a leaver penalty?
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    edited June 2019

kangkeok said:

The whole point of Random que is to mix between old and new player so those high ilevel old player could help out those new low ilevel player. In short its to help new player progress so they are able to join the end game player group. But if those high ilevel old player does not wanna help, its fine. The game still gives old player a choice to set his own premade group.

Master expedition helps but that only cover 24k assuming a 1 rune run since most people wants only 20k+ for 3rune. But the rest of 70k+rad they still need to grind with 2k rad each leveling que run. Current random que requirement is fine. They just need 15k ilevel to join RIQ. The gear they get from the start of undermountain + ME 950 gear is enough to get them pass 15k ilvl. Raising this requirement are gonna land them in absurd situation where they need to grind 2k ad from just leveling que.

So no, if u don't wanna help newbie, just go make a premade group and play with 24k people. Leave it to others that's willing to carry with them. Just don make their life difficult.

You are wrong. The intention behind Random Que was to bring all dungeon, trials, skirmishes to pop faster or generally to pop, because everyone was running only 2x etos, 2x esot, switched to next character and repeated.
    I am not playing anymore, but after mod 16 i wouldn't bother with RIQ, RAQ for 2k -3k additional RAD, because the time you loose by getting an unbeatable content with a bad party set-up or maybe ending with a penalty is even higher now, then before. The best way for lower players to earn RAD, after finishing the daily MEs, is still farming esot over and over. It's the fastest dungeon, if you go door to door. Alternatively forming a Trial for Demo and Tiamat, like we all did long ago and just spend the time searching for people to fill up, instaed of wasting the time in a content they can't handle without being carried by 2-3 highlevels for easy RAD. It's just the laziness of some people, which create such situations for the majority of players, which could handle RIQ, RAQ, REQ in an appropriate time.

Back to Topic: just some words. all you have written here, we have discussed over and over since the introducing of Random ques and they have changed nothing and there are many reasons, why they won't change anything about the penalty and kicktimers. Main goal for them is to decrease the amount of new RAD flow into the ecconomy. so good luck getting an answer from the development in such topics.

Pardon me for my wrong use of term. What I mean there is PUG. How many time can u earn ad from me in a day? ME only helps but not the solution there. Esot, trial for demo and Tiamat that u suggested. Those are part of RIQ so I don't see any reason they are not welcome there and no reason to raise RIQ requirement. Its not laziness of those people that create such situation. Its the stupidness of people knowing how PUG are but still joining them that landed them in a butthurt situation. If u can't take it to play with low ilevel, I see no reason for you to not create a premade while blaming low ilevel for joining PUG. PUG is where people willing to takes up challenge or has the ability to carry them.

Topic summary, the main thing we are discussing here isn't removal of random que penalty. Its about the rework of vote to abandon option. Anyone that vote "yes" to leave the dungeon while those that vote "No" to stay in the dungeon and not get the dungeon shut.
    edited June 2019

kangkeok said:

Pardon me for my wrong use of term. What I mean there is PUG. How many time can u earn ad from me in a day? ME only helps but not the solution there. Esot, trial for demo and Tiamat that u suggested. Those are part of RIQ so I don't see any reason they are not welcome there and no reason to raise RIQ requirement. Its not laziness of those people that create such situation. Its the stupidness of people knowing how PUG are but still joining them that landed them in a butthurt situation. If u can't take it to play with low ilevel, I see no reason for you to not create a premade while blaming low ilevel for joining PUG. PUG is where people willing to takes up challenge or has the ability to carry them.

Topic summary, the main thing we are discussing here isn't removal of random que penalty. Its about the rework of vote to abandon option. Anyone that vote "yes" to leave the dungeon while those that vote "No" to stay in the dungeon and not get the dungeon shut.

Okay, once again. If a player have no business in ecc, why is he pugging in such content? If you want to learn the dungeons, you always should create a premade party with people, which are willing to explain the mechanics and take their time to help you. If you want fast RAD as low IL player, create a farm team on your own. As a leader you have all rights to do this runs like you prefer them to be done and with players you prefer to run with. Not just expecting easy rewards by pressing one queue button. Just see both sides. You said the high IL players have no business in content, if they aren't willing to carry people through. That are twisted facts! If all high IL will avoid the PUG and start running only in their premades, like i read in your sugestions, you know what will happen?

2topic: if you break the issue down to the roots, it's all about the exorbitant penalty. Nobody would even think about the abandon vote, because people would just leave directly, if they aren't willing to go on and another player would join immediately. But the possibility to be trapped in a 1 1/2 hour runs without rewards at the end just fits cryptics agenda to cut the RAD income all over. I don't see them change anything there, because this topic have been discussed many times in the past 2 years.

Just start your own premade dude or join one. Its not hard, really. And Its not my suggestion. It is what people are doing now. They make premades to avoid playing with low ilevel. Either with guild or in PE/YP. Why join pug when u clearly dislike it? You are just butthurting yourself.

2nd topic. So your are saying that its cryptic intention to butthurt their player by trapping them in dungeon for 1 1/2 hour without a reward? Now I would like to hear that from @nitocris83.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User

dionchi said:

Disallowing the "Abandon Instance" group vote and restricting the choices to players either deciding to stay or leave individually and take the leaver's penalty would take care of that...

People who quit get the probationary 'time out' and won't be immediately queuing for another random run.

The penalty doesn't apply after you have attempted the dungeon for 15 or more minutes or are you asking that anyone who leaves gets a leaver penalty?
    The way I think of it, players are encouraged to make improvements in their characters if they continue to fail in random queues and there is a standard penalty for anyone choosing to just leave that content (whether by leaving or abandoning the instance) instead of attempting to struggle through.

And as I already mentioned:
    dionchi said:

As far as I'm concerned the only reason for a group to abandon a random queue is -

Because the instance is bugged and cannot be completed - at all...

¢¢

DD~
This discussion has been closed.