test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Owlbearcub/bullette pup

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
Can any one tell me the base stats and bonus of the bullette pup and the owlbear cub in mod16 or point me in the direction of a tool tip?

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Wrong thread
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    In mod16 all augment and all non-augment companions have same base stats which depends only from their rank, bolster bonus (if it's an augment) and your Companion Influence. You can find examples of these stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ANylXM9ba_Lv5LcqACBQXYXETGXLVGCnlHLrxci86E8/edit#gid=1345986008 (I don't know how much CI you will have in mod16 but usually it's about 25-40%)

All companion bonuses are listed in Rainer's wiki: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/edit#gid=1786749120
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Thankyou for the answer, I apologize for posting in the wrong thread.
    Just Incase anyone else is interested
    Owlbearcub 1000 in ARP, Acc, CA

Bullette pup 1000 in Pwr, Def, CA

For base stats
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Thankyou for the answer, I apologize for posting in the wrong thread.

Just Incase anyone else is interested

Owlbearcub 1000 in ARP, Acc, CA

Bullette pup 1000 in Pwr, Def, CA

For base stats

The two are not in the same boat for AH pricing. bullette pup is selling at a higher price point than owlbear. The issue with the Owlbear is that the utility bonus is not working, that is what I have heard.

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

>
    > The two are not in the same boat for AH pricing. bullette pup is selling at a higher price point than owlbear. The issue with the Owlbear is that the utility bonus is not working, that is what I have heard.

Yuck does the same issues transfer to ps4 from the pc version
    edited June 2019

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

>

> The two are not in the same boat for AH pricing. bullette pup is selling at a higher price point than owlbear. The issue with the Owlbear is that the utility bonus is not working, that is what I have heard.

Yuck does the same issues transfer to ps4 from the pc version

I was referring to PS4. However, as of yesterday the Owlbear cub at epic price has increased to over 900K AD. It was just 550K AD this weekend. I'm glad I picked mine up when it was around 250K AD.

The Bullette pup at uncommon is selling for almost 500K+ AD. A lot of companions are over priced IMO. Those that provide power, are the most expensive. This will all change over time. The mod simply moved us back to what things were like back in mod 5. Slower combat, augment companions, companions with stats and not % bonus are preferred, etc... The game also removed the various character builds, something that was part of mod 5.

Mod 16 is a dumb down version of NWO mod 5.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

A lot of companions are over priced IMO. Those that provide power, are the most expensive.

The reason is of course that it is possible to pretty much max out all stats with gear, so players tend to focus on the "unlimited" stats, Power and HP.

This means Radiant Enchants, Empowered Runestones, Power guild boon, Black Ice warhorse, and yes, companions that add Power.

The typical DPS companion set up these days would be Bulette pup as summoned, Deepcrow hatchling in an offensive slot and Alpha Compy in Utility. The rest depends on class, as different classes have different sets of slots, and of course not everyone wants just a high-Power build - I personally like Energon for the 32.000 HP - a nice bit of extra survivability.

Now, of course, you can do something other than just straight Power - some players like companions that boost Crit Severity and others like companions like Xuna with additional damage, but straight high-Power build is simple and it works well enough.

Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

A lot of companions are over priced IMO. Those that provide power, are the most expensive.

The reason is of course that it is possible to pretty much max out all stats with gear, so players tend to focus on the "unlimited" stats, Power and HP.

This means Radiant Enchants, Empowered Runestones, Power guild boon, Black Ice warhorse, and yes, companions that add Power.

The typical DPS companion set up these days would be Bulette pup as summoned, Deepcrow hatchling in an offensive slot and Alpha Compy in Utility. The rest depends on class, as different classes have different sets of slots, and of course not everyone wants just a high-Power build - I personally like Energon for the 32.000 HP - a nice bit of extra survivability.

Now, of course, you can do something other than just straight Power - some players like companions that boost Crit Severity and others like companions like Xuna with additional damage, but straight high-Power build is simple and it works well enough.

What the devs did not do with the latest patch it seems is lower the overall stat on gear. They stated they will raise enchantment stats and lower gear stats. Well they didn't do the later. They just should remove the overall gear stat. That is not needed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2019

What the devs did not do with the latest patch it seems is lower the overall stat on gear. They stated they will raise enchantment stats and lower gear stats. Well they didn't do the later. They just should remove the overall gear stat. That is not needed.

Actually, I would have liked them to remove the "combined" stats altogether. First, that would make it a challenge to actually reach caps for the stats - you might have to pick and choose which stats you want to focus on (as opposed to just maxing all of them and then adding power, power and more power. Second, this would actually make double-or triple stat enchants worthwhile again.

I had two complete sets of enchants for my DC prior to M16 - one with Radiants for power sharing and the other with Draconic and Black Ice for a DPS loadout. Now it's just Radiants across the board and my Black Ice/Draconic enchants are just sitting in storage.

Hoping for improvements...
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

i have owlbear cub and i have the same power as someone with bullete pub ask yourself why.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Maybe some boni don't work? Maybe owlbears tool tip is wrong?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Actually, I would have liked them to remove the "combined" stats altogether. First, that would make it a challenge to actually reach caps for the stats - you might have to pick and choose which stats you want to focus on (as opposed to just maxing all of them and then adding power, power and more power. Second, this would actually make double-or triple stat enchants worthwhile again.

I had two complete sets of enchants for my DC prior to M16 - one with Radiants for power sharing and the other with Draconic and Black Ice for a DPS loadout. Now it's just Radiants across the board and my Black Ice/Draconic enchants are just sitting in storage.

carts out of the gate imo. people would lose millions and be even more pissed if they reverted. personally I hated having to have more than one set of enchants for anything. it's silly to have to do that imo. I'm glad to see that gone personally. at this point imo, the caps on other things should just slowly be raised with new mods like power creep. and eventually in a couple mods we will need 3 stat enchantments again

adinosii said:

carts out of the gate imo. people would lose millions and be even more pissed if they reverted. personally I hated having to have more than one set of enchants for anything. it's silly to have to do that imo. I'm glad to see that gone personally. at this point imo, the caps on other things should just slowly be raised with new mods like power creep. and eventually in a couple mods we will need 3 stat enchantments again
    Power creep in NWO sense was three folds.
    1) Powers sharing resulting in players getting power northward of 150K+ and some players hitting 200K+
    2) Buffs stack allowing a base hit of 100 damage to hit much harder do to buffs stacking as multiplers
    3) Debuffs stack but had a soft and hard cap

We all know mod 16 removed 2 and 3 from that equation but #1 still exist. Players are walking around with around 150K power. So how did the devs fix the game, they really haven't. All they did was move powersharing off the cleric and palandin and pushed into gear, companions, etc...

Removing or reducing the combined rating on gear will greatly improve the game. First, players wouldn't be able to stack power which is an issue presently. Instead they would have to pick stats to max out.

As for needing two sets of enchantments or not; you still did in up until the latest patch where the devs adjusted scaling in dungeons and removed scaling in zones.

This game current state is still a mess. It isn't as bad as it was on 4/22 but it still a mess as most of the GOOD companions bonuses don't function properly, power creep just got worst, some content still isn't difficulty is still out of whack, etc...

I barely play NWO lately. In fact, I'm waiting for FFXIV new content to drop so I can buy the $100 collector edition to get all the goodies as I'm not all that into NWO like I was for most of last year. In fact, I'm closer to saying good bye even though mod 16 hasn't hit console yet.
    With all that being said and it may be off topic , do you guys know any companions for offense defense utility companion slots that add accuracy ? With Jane gear simulator that seems to be my weak point.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

With all that being said and it may be off topic , do you guys know any companions for offense defense utility companion slots that add accuracy ? With Jane gear simulator that seems to be my weak point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

this guide has pretty much all the info on everything.