test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 best in slot gear for hunters round up.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited June 2019 in The Wilds
Been fiddling around with my gear for a week or so, while my stupid arm un-breaks itself. (I may have fudged some of the names).

Head.

Lomm and MEs: spyguild hat WAI +5% dmg.

Everything else: mume's soupbowl WAI +5%dmg after kill.

Chest:

Atm. Gundam's defence. WAI +1500 power - 2500 def
(When fixed) ebony stained hide 1% of your power x10 stacks

Or - if you have +4 and +5 fane rings - furred kunico of the bear for 2nd +3% melee.

Arms: Terrored grips +3% on encounters . WAI

Feet.

Heels of fury. +3% on melee WAI

Neck/waist/arti. The orcus set. Godamnit.

Rings. 1x ebony assault +3% on melee (second stack) WAI / 1x fane ring 2-2.5% dmg when close to target. (or 2x fane rings +4/+5).

Shirt/pants +3% damage when you have 75% stamina / AP gain on crit.

These are all for combat build ofc. Total: 19% - 34% dmg buff + max 10% extra power.

Note: for the brave souls trying a ranged build, redfang drops earth-treaders WAI - these give +5% dmg when you go stand in the pink circle.

Anyway, post if you have any better suggestions, but I think this is about the best atm.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Chest piece: Executioner's Black Attire from SH Mystery Merchant
    +5% dmg when attacking a target from behind (added dmg proc of 5% dmg dealt)
    Currently glitchy in attacking multiple targets if they are facing away from you. (Hit 1 critter, everything in the 80+ ft area not facing you gets hit with the dmg proc)
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    given my experience in general with this game I find myself skeptical as to just how often we can really get to the side or behind bosses/mobs. I haven't played a lot in mod 16 so maybe it's really really different but it seems like no matter what I do the mobs turn to face me. I've heard orcus set is most reliable for damage increase. and given how easy it is to get stats that you're better off with the old damage gear except for the head piece that you can get in the expeditions
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I've been playing a trapper build and trying my best to get as much encounter cooldown reductions in my build as possible.
    This may not be "BIS" but I don't think the damage is far off of the focused feat combat warden.

Head: Protege head piece +5% undermountain damage. I think broken cap of the omnipotent would be best everywhere else?

Chest: Hags Rags. +3% ranged

Arms: Eyestalk Wrappers. +3% ranged

Feet: Heels of fury. +3% on melee

Neck/waist/arti. The music box set. +15% damage from behind after daily.

Rings. 1x ebony assault +3% on melee / 1x shadowstalker 2.5% dmg when close to target.

Shirt/pants: protege set for encounter cool down reduction

Also, this build relies on other encounter cool down reduction abilities (insignia bonuses, CHA etc.)
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Arms: Fearbringers. +3% on both at-wills and encounters -3% on dailies. WAI

Fearbringers give -30% daily damage, not -3%. At-will damage is a lot less important now and daily a lot better thanks to Call of the Storm. So, I think Terrored Grips are a better choice.
    jonkoca said:

Chest: Atm. Gundam's defence. WAI +1500 power - 2500 def
    (When fixed) ebony stained hide 1% of your power x10 stacks

Rings. 1x ebony assault +3% on melee (second stack) WAI / 1x fane ring 2-2.5% dmg when close to target.

If you have a ring of shadowstalker +5, the best combo is :
    - chest : Fured Kiuno of the Bear
    - rings : shadowstalker +5 / shadowstalker +4
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @isaacorion#1994 said:
    > Chest piece: Executioner's Black Attire from SH Mystery Merchant
    > +5% dmg when attacking a target from behind (added dmg proc of 5% dmg dealt)
    > Currently glitchy in attacking multiple targets if they are facing away from you. (Hit 1 critter, everything in the 80+ ft area not facing you gets hit with the dmg proc)

Agreed. It’s certainly bis gear for dps. And I think it works like arcturia set, you don’t have to face away the mob, you just need a good tank who aggros the mobs. That’s how arcturia set works and these two bonuses have similar words. So it shouldn’t work like seeker’s vengance, instead, it should work like inherit danger bonus. Btw i didn’t test it yet.

And for people who doesn’t use primal arms, its certainly bis. At 165k power it gives more than 8k power at max stack which is pretty easy. Vivified version is also better. Protege head, pants and shirts, heels of fury, ebonized assault and shadow +5 are also what im using.
  • durglesdurgles Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    A couple things to add on certain pieces -

Chest Piece: The free gear handed out at start of Mod 16 had a chest piece with +5% damage in Undermountain, which should be BIS for LoMM. I also think we should keep an eye on the Ebony Stained Hide, which stacks power similarly to the Primal arms, but is currently broken in that you get a buff on your bar but it doesn't actually add the power. If it ever gets fixed, it will be BIS, since it stacks to 10% power.

Boots: Makos offers Enduring Boots in Omu which have 3% damage when your stamina is over 75%. Since the bonus is to all damage instead of limited to just melee like Heels of Fury, I think it should come out ahead (so long as you don't have to dodge a lot). Also, the 3% melee bonus doesn't stack more than 2, which means you can use the ring with that bonus and Fured Kiuno to max it out and then add Enduring Boots.

Rings: The ring from MEs that gives 3% ranged damage will show two stacks in your buff bar with just one equipped, so I think it's giving 6% though I've not tested it. If you use your ranged abilities, it's worth considering. The ring also has combat advantage on it, which is difficult to cap, while the 3% melee ring has stats you'll likely already be capped in. Looked at this ring again tonight and I'm not seeing the double stack. Either I was mistaken before or it was fixed.
    Post edited by durgles on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Black Attire : It is indeed affected by the same glitch as inherit danger, dealing damage to everything in line of sight. However I'm skeptical about it being the best choice. Once the glitch is fixed, it"s gonna be aweful again. Extra attack buffs are bad in general because they don't work with other procs and extra attacks, we don't have as many as we used to but still... I prefer a real 2% damage buff from a shadowstalker +4.

Primal Arms : These are nowhere near as good as one would expect them to be. They only count base power, excluding all temporary buffs and all power coming from your companion. You'll get something like 5k power at max. With 150k (buffed) power, that's 2% extra damage. Getting 5 stacks isn't easy at all as well, unless you somehow have very little HP which would be a bad idea anyway, and each stack has a seperate timer. I definitely prefer a permanent 3% boost to encounter damage.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Been away on hols, but thnx for all the suggestions people.

That +5 fane ring never dropped for me, actually, +5 rings never ever drop lol.
    jonkoca said:

Been away on hols, but thnx for all the suggestions people.

That +5 fane ring never dropped for me, actually, +5 rings never ever drop lol.

I literally just got the plus 5 fane ring like three days ago.

another topic what are you guys doing for mount bonus's now? same line up as before or significantly different?
    Artificers persuasion, gladiators guile, cavalrys warning and I forget the other two. Able to have 12 legendary dominance insignias though.
    edited June 2019

Artificers persuasion, gladiators guile, cavalrys warning and I forget the other two. Able to have 12 legendary dominance insignias though.

I think sheps devotion would still have to be one that everyone needs and every slot can be dom
    and the other combatants maneuver for those with a leg mount

edit although CM has two not so good insignias. the brutal enlightened is one of the most expensive insignias in the game and the crescent is not so good.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I definitely prefer a permanent 3% boost to encounter damage.

Except for when noworries is going to delete all the hunt gear bonuses...

I mean, come on, in the Reddit event, when one of the devs mentioned "adjustments to all the old hunt gear" that players prefer... it instantly brings to mind the "adjustments" to the old High sets.

Wait they are going to adjust the hunt gear? What was done to the old high sets you mentioned? I was not around that long ago.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Me neither but I would assume a big-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-nerf.
    - bye bye -
    I heard successor gear may receive buffs instead of nerfs to old gear. *shrugs*
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > I heard successor gear may receive buffs instead of nerfs to old gear. *shrugs*

That would be better
    Meh. Orcus set still the best. Edited op.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Due to the fact, that all the other boons are not really useful, I use 2 x gladiators guile and 3 x artificers persuasion. There is an artifact, that has its CD reduced to 15 seconds, if you dont hit an enemy. This is an CD reduction of a few seconds every 15 seconds.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    oh disruptive shot no longer controls does it. i guess that makes combats maneuver pointless
    asterotg said:

Due to the fact, that all the other boons are not really useful, I use 2 x gladiators guile and 3 x artificers persuasion. There is an artifact, that has its CD reduced to 15 seconds, if you dont hit an enemy. This is an CD reduction of a few seconds every 15 seconds.

it takes a couple seconds to activate an artifact. I guess with the slower pace of play it makes it more reasonable to actually take a time out to do the arti every 15 seconds?
    it seems like this mod has a lot of undead what about the ring of hte undead slayer plus five? worth slotting?
    edited June 2019
    Swapped chest for furred kiuno and boots for enduring, also using fearbringers. I'll tell you how it goes this week. Lost about 500 IL lol.
    edited July 2019
    Enduring boots turned out to be a wash - I watched my stamina levels throughout a run in LoMM, and basically in combat never had enough stamina to proc it.

This week, executioners black attire and vivified gwanti? arms.

pros.

Black attire works, and in a LoMM run with act yesterday accounted for 4% of my damage, about on par with rnk 14 tenebrous.

Gwantis also work, my base power is 160k, and at 5 stacks (stacks very quickly btw. Whenever I looked in combat, it was on 5) gives around 5x1.6k = 8k power but more like 6-7k realistically. That boost is on par with a 3% damage increase from terrored grips, which I believe equals 6.6k power (maths - heard from a guildie) but, rather than just encounters, power boosts everything. So in my book - it's a keeper. Edit: further checking - the power boost seems more like 1k per stack - 5k. So that gives you a choice, 3% on only encounters, or whatever the game classes as "encounter damage" or about 2.5% on everything. Toss up, but I think gwantis - affecting everything with a power component on calculating damage, is a solid contender, on bosses where you can keeps up stacks anyway.

Cons.

Terrored grips have a little bit more power, but only like 50 points or something. And higher IL / hitpoints. No biggie. Building and maintaining stacks, while not a big problem, is still a head-scratcher, especially on trashmobs when they die quicker than you can get the full 5.

Compared with Gundam's defence, executioner's attire is a big drop in IL if you care about that, hitpoints (a lot - which affects tenebrous), and stats (though technically you do get 2500 defence back). The difference in power is somewhere around 2-3k - call that a 1.5% damage decrease across the board. Final opinion... Undecided. On paper it looks like a 2.5% extra damage source, (4 -1.5), also, if you have +4/+5 fane rings (I don't), you can't wear this and have 2x swordsman perks. I'll keep it for now, as I think ebony hide is a typo in the tooltip, rather than a bug - "butcher's guard" does sound defence-based afterall.

Hmm. Final conclusion, I think terrored grips still best, and black attire until it gets hit by the nerfbat, or until that fabled +5 fane ring drops.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    I'm able to get 10 stacks of ebony stained hide on bosses. Is it actually properly adding the power? Would think it adds the 10% when you hit c and look at your character. Not sure.
    Stacks def not power. Typo in the tooltip I think. Butcher's guard. Guard = defence.
    Yup confirmed def is stacked on proc. All chest pieces are horrendous.
    New 1k+ IL % damage gear in mod 17. Definitely best in slot.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Just wonder how the 990 gear hands update compares to the terrored gripes? Is it better, worst or indifferent?
    990 gear hands update? Are they updating protege set? Wouldn't count on it. It's too "easy" to get that set.
  • thunderstar#0834 thunderstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there an update on this thread anywhere? I’m a new-ish player and I’ve been farming the post campaign dailies all week. I have a few purples just sitting in my bag because I can’t find a good comparison guide or updated melee Ranger BiS guide.

Since M16 has been out for quite some time, you’d think there would be better answers out there, but there’s not. So if anyone has a gear breakdown per slot, it would be greatly appreciated. (I can post what I’ve got on me later when I log in.)