test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Encounters not working for Rogue

merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
About every 10th Encounter use for the Rogue, does not work.
So i am pounding away on a Mimic in LOMM. Then I use an encounter, I get the sound and display of the hit, and my encounter Cool Down starts ticking. But no damage. Nothing. I go through the log and the hit is not there... This happens on other creatures as well but its much more important when I am fighting the mimics as every hit needs to count. Sometimes its two or even *gasp* three encounters in a row, no Damage....

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    did you also noticed 2 different timer on encounter after using a power from stealth? it gives a delay when power is casted like 2s-3s before it does the animation for that power sometimes it hits sometimes it doesn't(even having the right amount of accuracy to counter critters deflect).
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    It's a problem due to mimics, some spells doesn't damage them because their animation is clumsy.

Some HR at will make no damage too. Your encounters work, it's just the mimics who don't.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

It's a problem due to mimics, some spells doesn't damage them because their animation is clumsy.

Some HR at will make no damage too. Your encounters work, it's just the mimics who don't.

No, this also happens on other mobs. It more noticeable on mimics because I NEED my encounters to kill them quickly.
    arcanjo86 said:

did you also noticed 2 different timer on encounter after using a power from stealth? it gives a delay when power is casted like 2s-3s before it does the animation for that power sometimes it hits sometimes it doesn't(even having the right amount of accuracy to counter critters deflect).

and my stats before battle starts:
    Power 121,662
    Armor Penetration: 82,343
    Accuracy 89.894
    Combat Advantage 110,973

So I highly doubt anything is being "blocked"

merik1999 said:

No, this also happens on other mobs. It more noticeable on mimics because I NEED my encounters to kill them quickly.
    arcanjo86 said:

and my stats before battle starts:
    Power 121,662
    Armor Penetration: 82,343
    Accuracy 89.894
    Combat Advantage 110,973

So I highly doubt anything is being "blocked"

its more like a delay, also found out that my rogue get stuck on a invisible sphere and cant move forward after some battles, even jump rolls wont let me move forward, my bloodbath daily power has some random number of hits its no longer 10 or even 15 hits, sometimes i get 5 hit sometimes 2-3 hits, something was done wrong with the new code implemented on rogue powers @asterdahl @mimicking#6533 please check these problems, also rewrite stealth tab power description, we don't have combat advantage while stealth, stealth give combat advantage to powers used after leaving stealth+ each power effects when cast from stealth.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

So i am pounding away on a Mimic in LOMM. Then I use an encounter, I get the sound and display of the hit, and my encounter Cool Down starts ticking. But no damage. Nothing. I go through the log and the hit is not there... This happens on other creatures as well but its much more important when I am fighting the mimics as every hit needs to count. Sometimes its two or even *gasp* three encounters in a row, no Damage....

Same to me with Paladin and Rogue. I saw this king of problem only against mimics during Arctruria's fight. The same problem happened with daily. After Daily use I was with 0 action point, wasted daily power and 0 damages dealt to the mimic.

PS: Arm Pen, Accuracy, Crit capped.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I've seen this happen with my daily on Wizard, Oppressive Force, it fires, the animation goes off, my ap gets used, but it deals no damage and doesn't stun anything, all you get is the animation for the price of 1000 AP. It happens randomly, so it's hard to reproduce in any consistent manner.

• mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    merik1999 said:

@merik1999 Can you give us a list of your encounter powers you are using, or even better a video of this action so we can try and reporduce this?
    @quickfoot#7851 I've flagged your daily so that we can look at it, but like you said, it happens randomly.
    Thanks
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2019

merik1999 said:

@merik1999 Can you give us a list of your encounter powers you are using, or even better a video of this action so we can try and reporduce this?
    @quickfoot#7851 I've flagged your daily so that we can look at it, but like you said, it happens randomly.
    Thanks
    M.K.

Same as Fighter onslaught, sometimes animation goes off and it goes on cooldown but does no dmg

merik1999 said:

Thanks
    M.K.
    the invisible sphere(mentioned above) happened when using deft strike, smoking bomb and last unlocked encounter power for rogues"execute" and bottom last feat from assassin feats, had to change to top last feat and stopped using deft strikes and "execute" encounter power and started using path of blades and lashing blade as substitute.
  • king1slayerking1slayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I remember this happening when using Shocking Execution. My offensive stats are all capped.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I can report this also. I was in LOMM at mimics fighting on my rogue and used assassinate - 0 Damage, Lashing Blade - 0 Damage and then my last resort my single target daily Shocking execution - 0 damage. So now I have a butterfly golem and my encounters are on cool down for the next mimic which I could not kill with my at-wills even though I have maxed stats and 160k power. My party got pissed at me for missing 2 mimics. Thanks Cryptic! I just shelved my rogue until you fix this Hamster. Sometimes... I mean come on FFS!!!
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2019

merik1999 said:

Thanks
    M.K.
    Some of the time, I think this issue with powers not hitting is linked to dodges, movement, and positioning. I try to be careful about not doing a glancing blow or using my powers too soon right before/after a dodge roll. That said, I have had some weird misses before that may have nothing to do with the usual culprits. Sometimes I do get the sound effect you'd get from the power hitting and don't see any damage.

One other thing that seems to cause powers like lashing blade to miss is standing too close to the target. I have seen 3 encounters in a row miss before and I'm fairly certain this was the cause of that for me. This has happened to me in mimic phase before and occurred in PVP today too. This wouldn't be the first time standing too close to an enemy has resulted in weird rogue bugs or just misses in general. In mod 15 for example, multiple rogues mentioned that shocking execution used from stealth often didn't crit if you stood too close to the target while using it. Dazing strike's cone also doesn't catch as many targets if you use it while standing too close to an enemy, I think that is just because of the cone's shape though.

On a similar note, there are two at will power bugs that have been driving me bonkers ever since mod 16 launched, please fix these too, here is the thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1249244/rage-inducing-at-will-bugs-please-fix
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kenni46rus#9742 kenni46rus Member Posts: 9 Arc User

tired of silent about dying class rogue! damage was taken from us, life support was taken away! We were slipped by a “whispering knife” paragon that did not work and was given the “dying shadow” skill, although this skill should have been assigned to the “killer” paragon that was tired to be silent because many skills were useless “born in a ditch” or do not work correctly The "whirlwind of shadow" was taken away from us 100% chance of critical strike from invisibility, we were not tied to more than one skill with combat skills such as mages and many classes, our skills do not cause critical damage to "poisonous blades" "pernicious shadow" who worked on the balance of the rogue just without gratuitousness!
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User

merik1999 said:

Thanks
    M.K.
    Some of the time, I think this issue with powers not hitting is linked to dodges, movement, and positioning. I try to be careful about not doing a glancing blow or using my powers too soon right before/after a dodge roll. That said, I have had some weird misses before that may have nothing to do with the usual culprits. Sometimes I do get the sound effect you'd get from the power hitting and don't see any damage.

One other thing that seems to cause powers like lashing blade to miss is standing too close to the target. I have seen 3 encounters in a row miss before and I'm fairly certain this was the cause of that for me. This has happened to me in mimic phase before and occurred in PVP today too. This wouldn't be the first time standing too close to an enemy has resulted in weird rogue bugs or just misses in general. In mod 15 for example, multiple rogues mentioned that shocking execution used from stealth often didn't crit if you stood too close to the target while using it. Dazing strike's cone also doesn't catch as many targets if you use it while standing too close to an enemy, I think that is just because of the cone's shape though.

On a similar note, there are two at will power bugs that have been driving me bonkers ever since mod 16 launched, please fix these too, here is the thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1249244/rage-inducing-at-will-bugs-please-fix
    Standing too close to the target could be the reason for my experience above, I was standing in front of the mimic trying to slow it down (back when they were crazy fast). This could explain a lot, I will try again and see what happens if I only attack from behind. I imagine I will probably outright miss due to them moving away the whole time.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    HR melee encounter Hindering Strike has same problem, randomly doesnt hit anything and goes on cooldown. This one is not related with distance to target because it is aoe, and when it fails, zero mobs take dmg.
    Feels like quick casting after dodge/jump has more chance to trigger bug