test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenebrous enchant damage cap. Why?

Why are you capping the Tenebrous enchant at 24k damage. That is the damage a normal DPS person would do with 300k hit points. Why are you HAMSTER tanks. This was a way for tanks who do low damage already to get a bit of a boost without breaking anything. If it is a PVP issue cap it at 24k for PVP but leave it uncapped for PVE. This is a very poorly thought out change.

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Because undoing the OP HAMSTER-headed "I can take all defensive abilities & turn them into damage! Yay!!! I don't have to make any real choices!" from mod 15, was the whole point of this mod... Just a thought.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Easy to say Wintersmoke... when you don't do math. The cap makes it underpowered in end-game areas. Even if you have a million health, you will do more damage with +2000 power than with an R15 tenebrous in lomm. In lower areas, the cap actually means less... since your health is also capped.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Have to agree with winter, the dev probably want u to not over stack your hp or kill the mob by simply holding up your shield.
  • Options
    hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    well, I never was any good at math really, but since Janne is, we can take a look:

Assuming you optimize, you would be using 4 tenebrous enchants to get to 30%, so that would mean a max loss of 9600 (4x Radient R15) power. Assuming a sorbet for an extra 10% would work out as 10560 power lost. Using Janne's calculator and assuming a base power of say 150k, the power would add 4.2% damage. My ACT has tenebrous still adding more than that.

Of course that is based on a lot of assuming, and my stats, skills (nothing to write home about), class, playstyle AND my, as already stated, not stellar math understanding.....

But, it does not seem to be as clear cut as you make it out to be. Tenebrous still seems like a viable choice for some if not many.

Interesting though is that tenebrous enchants seem to work better as you get to higher levels of base power as that same 10560 power would add 4.8% damage if you started at a base power of 125k. But than the capped/fixed damage of the tenebrous would never go up, so its contribution would go down relatively....

Worth more testing I guess
    Post edited by hrakh on
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I'm a tr... I had teneberous enchants before they were broken and before they were capped.... I never took.them.off... was still able to.finish lomm and all content. Now that they are working again... and my hp is 500k. I find the cap not cool but reasonable. Until I drop below 300k hp I will continue to do the 24000 bonus damage due to my rank 15.
    I was hoping they would be the same as before they broke (tenebs) then I would hit 40k damage with my procs when they proc.. but men oh well...

It is what it is...

I did some pvp vs other tr with 200k hp... they are hitting 440k damage... while I am hitting 100k damage... plus random 24000 damage. Life without teneb seems much more viable, because we sacrifice a ton of power to raise our hp up to get that bonus damage. Even worse.. if your hp is low... no damage from enchant for ships sake.

Maybe since you capped damage on teneb.. make it always do max damage based on max hp, not total hp remaining?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    just run ACT on Lomm, with 4 Tenebrous rank 15 it was about 3% of my total dps so... prolly not worth it.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Easy to say Wintersmoke... when you don't do math. The cap makes it underpowered in end-game areas. Even if you have a million health, you will do more damage with +2000 power than with an R15 tenebrous in lomm. In lower areas, the cap actually means less... since your health is also capped.

Errrr... no.

I tested with ACT various LoMM runs with a tenebrous 15 slotted, and it was doing 4% - 6% of my dmg in the end of the dungeon. 4% when I ran with other very good players with 200k power. (350k hp, plaing as Wizard with 175k power)

A radiant 15 in that slot wont give me that dmg, not even close. So stop saying a radiant is better than a tenebrous (assuming you already dont have one)

I didnt test with 2 tenebrous but I suspect the result will be close to using 1.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Problem is people in party say looking for 200k power.... and when you say 90k power 600hp + tenes, they kick you. Some kick plus put you on ignore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Any1 claiming that Tenebrous was/is overpowered.... hmmm consider this:

1st - it has internal cooldown of 1s.

2nd - it is not 24k dmg fixed - if you are below of 300k then it wont proc at maximum value.
    That includes a situation when you are in combat and wounded - it seems to count your present HP not max HP - ACT cofirmed (about 500k HP and many under 24k hits).

3rd - for its effectivness it required a substantial investment in HP pool.
    Its not the easiest statistics to grow - and for non tanks - its alway a hard choice to go for more power or sacrifice it to any defensive stat - HP included (witch are not that easy to get btw).
    So to be meaningfull it required some sacrifices...

Yes it could work on tanks, and it would be a great help since we were lied by devs to be able to make 80% dps output of pure dps - but it would never be a first choice on dps classes nor make tanks decent dps dealers.

4th. - it fixed value will make it obsolete in about 2-3 months when new content/items gona be released

5th - trying to get 4 of them to maximize its proc chance while it has ICD anyway was/is a real waste

Also for PVPers - PVP is "under development" or so devs say - so you should hold your horses until its done. Than we can talk about how enchants will impact PVP

And last but not least - game is super easy now - honestly cant see a real difference with MOD 15 - only change is meta witch evolved form 1 dps +4 supports to 4 dps +1 healer. Thats it.

BUT at the start of MOD 16 it was not so easy (for different reasons) and including Tenebrous in lockbox was in fact a kind of a clue for players - many used that to cover their low hitting at wills etc - not to mention tanks who needed any source of threat they could get.

So lot of us spent money/resources to get Tenes.... but with doubling enchants value across a board and decreasing enemies HP - its not needed any more, any tank classes who actually was the only one who could put it to good use are currently not needed as well...

I would say it is now ony viable for leveling, early game and have limited use on tanks.
    And keep in mind we still talking about a most expensive Rank 15 here, anywhare lower than rank 13 is... a joke

In short - for all who was foolish eanugh (me included) to make more than 1 such enchant - we made a mistake :disappointed:

and @devs nice nerf - as always not tonned down but nerfed to oblivion*

*unless in new module you gona bring new items not boosting power but HP only :D

• Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Why are you capping the Tenebrous enchant at 24k damage. That is the damage a normal DPS person would do with 300k hit points. Why are you HAMSTER tanks. This was a way for tanks who do low damage already to get a bit of a boost without breaking anything. If it is a PVP issue cap it at 24k for PVP but leave it uncapped for PVE. This is a very poorly thought out change.

I Agreed with this post.
    Currently I am at 600+k HP.. Simple math.
    I have a tanky tank setup which comes with the Lower DPS as usual, frankly said that tanks with similair setup as mine are indeed screwed BIG time.

It would be a big increase for our mob control capabillities

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer