test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenerbous issues currently on test server...

patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
1. Tenebrous has a 1 second internal cooldown. - This makes increased proc chance of multiple tenebrous nearly useless, especially for fast attack champions
2. Tenebrous was NOT doubled like the rest of the enchants. This makes it really fall behind compared to just stacking radiant enchants with 2400 power now.
3. All Tenebrous enchants at all ranks state 8% after being slotted. This bug appears to be just in the text and not in the funtionality.

SUGGESTION: Either remove the cooldown or double damage from 8% to 16% for tenebrous to remain a viable option. Or both. If you're not going to remove the cooldown just remove the stacking proc chance because it's like you're tricking people into thinking running more than one is somehow beneficial, whereas with internal cooldown, it isn't.

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Didn't Tenebrous always have an internal cooldown?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Leaving the tenebrous enchant without an internal CD makes it unbalanced for class to class usage !
    It is rly important to get the devs opinion on this think so we could know if we want to invest on those enchants or even bound them via echant exchange system.
    If they have not an internal CD there is a rly huge chance to get one in the future and people are going to stuck with enchants, that cannot trade back or with ones that lost their half ,or more, value!
    Great post ! Let's hope that we will have an answer on this topic.
    ps
    Also they already removed the ability to proc Tenebrous via Poison/dot damage in many artifacts.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    wilbur626 said:

Yes it has always had the 1 sec internal cooldown.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2019

wilbur626 said:

i had 2 times double proc at same second.

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

Then that ICD has been nonfunctional for quite some time. I routinely see 2-3 procs per second and have been for a long time.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > 1. Tenebrous has a 1 second internal cooldown. - This makes increased proc chance of multiple tenebrous nearly useless, especially for fast attack champions
    > 2. Tenebrous was NOT doubled like the rest of the enchants. This makes it really fall behind compared to just stacking radiant enchants with 2400 power now.
    > 3. All Tenebrous enchants at all ranks state 8% after being slotted. This bug appears to be just in the text and not in the funtionality.
    >
    > SUGGESTION: Either remove the cooldown or double damage from 8% to 16% for tenebrous to remain a viable option. Or both. If you're not going to remove the cooldown just remove the stacking proc chance because it's like you're tricking people into thinking running more than one is somehow beneficial, whereas with internal cooldown, it isn't.
    >
    > Suggestion: Deprecate Tenebrous enchantments, let everyone exchange them, get rid of this problem

Doesn't original poster provide a better solution when he says stacking power is better? Let ppl that like Tenebrous use them
    Elite Whaleboy
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    His math is wrong. Example, I have 300k hit points and a single R14 Tenebrous slotted. My Barbarian will see in ACT something like 4-6 % of my dps from that 1 enchantment (7% of 300k with a 7% chance per attack before any nerfs). A singled normal Radiant R15 will give not benefit anywhere close to that (so let's say 2400, that's 2.4%, so my normal hit with 120k power will be 1.09 % higher with that Radiant than without, since my power is already reasonably high). I've checked my damage in ME's before they broke it, and 4-7% was what I was getting on a single R14 Tenebrous.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    im not liking the 24000 cap on teneberous...

i boosted my hp to 500k just to hit 40k damage with teneberous if and when it procs.... meh... oh well another 300.00 wasted on companion upgrades
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Yeah, the 24k cap is too low. Right now, the way I see it a single R12-R15 Tenebrous is a better single enchantment for damage than either my R13 Feytouched or R13 Terror, which is kind of sad.
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    And here goes another kick in the mouth of customers. Now all the population in NW will be slotting radiants for 2400 power, i.e. 4,8% increase of damage for each enchantment slotted in an offensive slot, while one of the main chances to keep up with aggro (in a very inconsistent manner) was slotting tenebrous for having a substantial HP pool is one of the scarce advantages of tank classes.

While everything has been toned up, Tenebrous have received the nerf hammer for everyone boasting more than 300k HP while retaining the internal cooldown implemented in a time where every class had tons of dots and procs that called for a reduction in Tenebrous activation. Nothing has been said about these changes, probably because monetizing over the huge cost of upgrading tenebrous enchantments was not worth letting players know they would soon feel robbed.

This behaviour is shameful towards paying customers and in no way excusable. The least the company could do is to retire Tenebrous enchantments alltogether and substitute them for unbound Radiant enchantments of the same rank, if not revert them to their original uncapped state and do some fine tuning instead of trashing them as it has been done.

Each rank 15 has a value of around 30$ on the market and many people have invested in buying 4 of them, What has been done is a shame and should never happen to maintain some credibility with customers; it's like selling a car and then changing the engine with a vase of flowers.

Scam.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

And here goes another kick in the mouth of customers. Now all the population in NW will be slotting radiants for 2400 power, i.e. 4,8% increase of damage for each enchantment slotted in an offensive slot, while one of the main chances to keep up with aggro (in a very inconsistent manner) was slotting tenebrous for having a substantial HP pool is one of the scarce advantages of tank classes.

Err... no.
    2400 power = 2,4% not 4,8%.

And power damage increase is relative to the power you already have. The more power you have, less dmg increase for each power point you get.

So at this point an item that gives you lets say 2% of your total dmg, is much better than 2400 power. And people is reporting than only 1 tenebrous is doing 5-6% of the total dmg so is still much better than a radiant.

I have a tenebrous 15 waitting for the patch, and will test it later, but I bet will give much better dmg than a radiant. Other history is people that have 3-4 or more tenebrous. I doubt more than 1-2 tenebrous is better.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    You're right, it's 2.4%. Still you don't get 1 second cooldown before the damage bonus is applied and it's true that it's meant to be a complessive bonus and not a direct increase of 2.4% damage on overall DPS, but it's consistent on every hit and it doesn't depend on chance. Even more, with the sudden powercreep give by the overall increase of stats, DPS classes will be able to unleash a lot more damage; add that to the fact that chance can let tenebrous enchants proc late, if there is even the chance before everything is already dead. This makes these enchants heavily underpowered, having received a ninja nerf where everything else has been doubled.

The issue here is the blatant behaviour of not caring a lick about the players. Has anything been said about the OPness of tenebrous enchantments? Any reference to this nerf on the forum or in the patch log? No, it has been kept well hidden and implemented at the very last, so to let players invest till last moment on upgrading them. Talk about keeping trust of the playerbase.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yes that is another problem I already told in other threads, People is already doing LoMM in 20 mins or less, with this change I dont know what will happen but I think they missed somewhere in the calcs.

I suspect, in future modules gear wont have much more stats than now, but enemies will have more counterstats, but I though with the mod 16 revamp, that we didnt hit the caps so easy. And we had 200 power in mod 15 thanks to powershare, but now we will pass that only with self gear.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • dragonsbait#8646 dragonsbait Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why the cap limit of 24k damage. Tanks already do low damage and this was a way for us to do some more without breaking anything. if it is an issue with PVP limit to 24k in PVP. There is no need for a limit in PVE.
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Nerfing tenbrous for those that itemized hitpoints on companions vs power is silly. all the devs have done is give less diversity to how to be "BiS". its a sad thing when they buff all enchants and then nerf tenebrous. i understand if they felt it was OP, but it has an internal cooldown so gimme a break. just remove the tenebrous because now its silly to run for anyone who has spent $$$ on going for a fun hitpoints build vs just straight power stacking. pretty sad and pathetic. less diversity in builds is less fun :(
    edited June 2019
    I did some testing with teneb today all day. Pve and pvp....

Pvp as a tr with 500k hp and 60k power I am hitting 100k damage on other tr. While the tr with 200k hp and 200k power is hitting 440k damage to me. It is still better to go full power than to rely on the now capped enchant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    > @darthpotater said:
    > And here goes another kick in the mouth of customers. Now all the population in NW will be slotting radiants for 2400 power, i.e. 4,8% increase of damage for each enchantment slotted in an offensive slot, while one of the main chances to keep up with aggro (in a very inconsistent manner) was slotting tenebrous for having a substantial HP pool is one of the scarce advantages of tank classes.
    >
    >
    > Err... no.
    > 2400 power = 2,4% not 4,8%.
    >
    > And power damage increase is relative to the power you already have. The more power you have, less dmg increase for each power point you get.
    >
    > So at this point an item that gives you lets say 2% of your total dmg, is much better than 2400 power. And people is reporting than only 1 tenebrous is doing 5-6% of the total dmg so is still much better than a radiant.
    >
    > I have a tenebrous 15 waitting for the patch, and will test it later, but I bet will give much better dmg than a radiant. Other history is people that have 3-4 or more tenebrous. I doubt more than 1-2 tenebrous is better.

Yeah.. I tested on preview... one enchant 15 procs the same as five enchant 15
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh and for those who wonder... teneberous cannot crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So the optimal tactic is a single R15 tenebrous.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Not sure what classes you guys are playing but on Cw atleast this is way too underwhelming, over 30% chance of tenebrous proc, with a rank 15 being one of them. in 3 minutes did 30m damage (this was on dummies and aoe) from that 30m, 300k was tenebrous, thats 1%, thats 12-13 procs in 3 minutes, with a 30% chance. Taking the icd into account, that would be 1min 30s with a 30% chance, considering there's no restriction as to what kind of power can proc it, you'd expect alot more procs from tenebrous. But the issue here is that from log, only 2 powers procced tenebroud, ray of frost and smolder, no other encounters nor dailies procced it. So for those seeing 5-7%, what class?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    edited June 2019
    > @lardeson said:
    > Not sure what classes you guys are playing but on Cw atleast this is way too underwhelming, over 30% chance of tenebrous proc, with a rank 15 being one of them. in 3 minutes did 30m damage (this was on dummies and aoe) from that 30m, 300k was tenebrous, thats 1%, thats 12-13 procs in 3 minutes, with a 30% chance. Taking the icd into account, that would be 1min 30s with a 30% chance, considering there's no restriction as to what kind of power can proc it, you'd expect alot more procs from tenebrous. But the issue here is that from log, only 2 powers procced tenebroud, ray of frost and smolder, no other encounters nor dailies procced it. So for those seeing 5-7%, what class?

I would asks devs to look into it.. but who knows if they would random nerf the enchant again. Lets just wait for baldurs gate 3. Start new
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]