test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Essence bosses knowledge

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
Let's gather the knowledge we have of the new essence bosses.

Is there any specific method to spawn the shade? So far it seems random.

Does the number of runes matter? I'd say no.

Does the type essence given decide the type of boss we get? I'm not sure.

So far I've only gotten:
- a dire wolf with a flying sword, the flying sword hits hard but not often, it was pretty easy (i think it was regret?)
- a giant reindeer, it hits like a truck and heals a lot when it deals damage, apparently you have kill it from afar while kiting it, couldn't kill it yet (got it twice, the second time it was sorrow for sure)

The vanity pets are party loot but the rest (weapons and awakened essences) seems to be given to a random member.

Comments

• rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    I do not know anything about spawning the shade. I think it is RNG.

Using longing essence spawned Estragon, Lord of Longing. He has buff named Ultimate Sanctuary: Unable to be damaged from outsite of sanctuary. We need to be very close to him, in rather small circle around him, to do damage. He hits hard too, but didn't do one shoots, at least on one rune run (I do not know if runes affecting other mobs affect strength of summoned bosses too).
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

(I do not know if runes affecting other mobs affect strength of summoned bosses too).

They do, the wolf was hitting for 300k ish with 1 rune, and now close to 1m with 3runes. The batiri is about the same
  • reydedarkreydedark Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    We completed the batziri guy before they changed the rune requirment to spawn the ghost, and we figured that the healer needs to cleanse the green chains only, if you cleanse the red chains you 1-shot that person so you need to be careful, also at 20% or so health some red ghosts started spawning, we didn't understand how to deal with them because when you look at them you get a long stun and if they get close to you they 1-shot you.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    3 runes now and 10% chance to spawn a shade after bosses. AFAIK.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yeah much harder with 3 runes now. Sorrow boss killed us all and we couldn't re-enter the area together until she despawned. June 1st.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I agree, it's just scroll-fest now.

I'll wait till they tune them down. No point in wasting scrolls on this half-finished content.