test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bug report, or bad feature complaint. getting logged out for actions = to alt tabbing

tried to report a bug via ticket, got told to write it here. cut and paste a bit of it. added a few things.
full ticket: Getting logged out [Incident: 190516-000004]

clarify in advance, "logged out" means getting sent to character select screen, not game closing

anytime I go look at something else on the ps4 like say... the equivalent of alt+tab on pc to see the clock on your desktop, I get logged out of my character and returned to log in screen. but on console I press ps button to bring up menus. So log in, get a msg, go look at it, come back logged out. log in, go check my ps friends list, get logged out. get an invite to a chat whilst running a dungeon? get logged out if you go to accept it. log in, navigate to a webpage to check the wiki, get logged out. apps still running, it just seems to notice that im not looking directly at it, so it logs me out, like youtube on your phone. go do something else, it stops playing music.
worst case was i was in tales, group was on break between round 3 and 4, i checked something, i got logged out, and was removed from the tales group. no way to reinvite. Happening to every player I've asked. i run one of the oldest alliances on ps4, i get a lot of messages and chat requests. this bug or feature is quite the hindrance.

I wont be back to read/reply to this. just want it logged and fixed when you can. you can lock this thread once its reviewed by dev team. any questions please mail me. thanks.
~ Jungle-Luv-

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    As far as we know WAI. I'm not entirely sure why they did it tho.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • arwen#7931 arwen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sorry I can't start a new post. PVP standings board is glitched. You get sent to the last page every time you play, even if you win.
  • soulevar#2212 soulevar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This ridiculous bug is still in the game 5 months later for PS4?! I was sent an invitation to include someone else in my Playstation NWO group chat while I was logged into the game, I switch screens, add the person, come back, and I am logged out. Can someone prioritize this bug? There are many instances, like the one above, where we do not have the chance to rejoin content and lose a quest or an instance for the day.