test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.110.20190519a.2

Comments

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So at the same time you increase the stats given by the enchantments and you decrease the health of the ennemies??????
    It is an absolute non-sense because currently the contents is what it should be (apart from bugs or bad scaling), i.e around 15-30% more difficult than at the previous module, but still perfectly fine.
    In some cases, like CODG, the difficulty is not even in question, because the ennemies health has been reduced way too much and a daily can remove one third of the Atropal life....
    Unless this boost is supposed to help people that are leveling, I don't understand the point for people that are level 70 or more.

As for class balance, do you plan to make SW great again?? There is no mechanic anymore, especially for the Tab. This class has not been reworked (basically existing class features and feats were just split between the two parangons, and only the 'new" powers were added; and then these feats were swapped here and there during the preview phase, along with the double nerf of the magnitudes). Sorry for being sarcastic but it kills me that this class is the outcast.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Part of the problem is Proc based dps. Wizards, Rangers, Rogues, and Barbarians all have some form of proc based DPS. These are usually tied to Feats, Class Features, or a combination of both.

Lets takes Wizard/Thaumaturge for example, they have the Class Feature "Critical Conflagration" which procs smolder on a critical hit, then combine that with the capstone feat "Focus Flames" (iirc the name) and boom, we have high burst proc based dps. With builds based on this combo, smolder is about 30-50% of all damage done. And the cherry on top, the At-Will Ray of Frost ticks really really fast. This is what is causing Wizards to do really good damage. And this is why the formula for Magnitude/Cool Down Time/Casting Time/etc is broken, because not all damage comes from the base damage of encounters, dailies, and at-wills. (note: this is also why arcanist is inherently inferior to thaumaturge for both aoe and single target. SS can only proc 30% of the time on crits for proc based burst damage (a 15% proc rate), while critical conflag procs 100% of the time on crits (a 50% proc rate.)

Combine the issue with proc based DPS to some classes with poorly designed feats, and we have the situation we are in now.

For classes and paragon paths that don't have proc based dps from one source or the other, feats and class features should be changed to either provide some sort of equivalent, increase Magnitude of all powers or at least a variety of them, and/or decrease cooldown timers (HR uses this heavily, hence why they are better shape compared to some other dps classes).

those numbers are off, rimefire smolder can indeed do about 25% on aoe but on bosses its about 5-8%, on the otherhand repel which is an encounter does about 15-20 on aoe and 25 on bosses, that clearly beats rimefire smolder, i have tested this with act and if you want a log, pme ingame we run and i'll send you the log. flames is only great in aoe, its not as much as u are assuming on bosses, every other encounter do more damage than it on bosses.

Also thats not why arcanist is inferior to thaum lol, arcanist is inferior to thaum cos in arcanist you dont have relative hated, chilling advantage. your encounters are relatively higher. Secondly no ap gain on cw, if we had ap gain, even with DF and CC, arcanist would be superior due to arcane empowerment, the lack of ap and lack of cd reduction on arcane is why its currently inferior to thaum no because of smolder
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    And if you double the stats of the enchants, it would make the double and triple stats enchants even more worthless, since the main caps are sooooo easy to reach (for dps classes) except Combat advantage, because of the combined ratings concept.
    Do you realize that only radiants (are) and will be the only enchants put in offense because others are not relevant after gearing with level 80 gear ?

went on owlbear to test Arbtier....nothing changed, still terrible divinity gain.....it seems the increased divinity gain only works outside combat, when you dont need it.

the 10% reduced health for enemies was not needed, instead you need to fix the enemies who have disproportionately more health then they should. most enemies had about the right health, but some do not. for example the beholders in ME's have more HP then the bosses do. and some of the trashiest mobs have way too much HP also.....skeleton archers having as much HP as unhallowed wights or bone golems....spitting spiders also have too much HP. and Tal'Gath the 1st boss of Castle Never still takes 10 mins to kill, while orcus dies in 30 seconds.

double stats and 10% less hp is a lazy move, and the worse being that no one called for it, most of the content is already super easy, if 20k IL players are blowing through LMM, then whats the point of even working to build ur character?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    lardeson said:

If you consider classes that have 2 styles of game or as tank or as healer are forced to play in that style because the DPS is bad, I can not do anything, since it is your opinion, but we were promised a viable DPS path and so far I have not yet found such a path, if it exists.

No, thats not my point, if you saw my last comment before yours, you can see gwf shouldn't be doing less dps, sw shouldn't either, the issue here is that there could be some feats not working on these classes, but not the fact that cw and tr are doing "too much" damage. Barbie from what it looks is mainly considered a tank, otherwise it makes no sense why they have 3 defense slots on companion. If you are not happy with this, you go to the devs, but do not ask for them to nerf other classes, simple go with something like "hey devs, we dont want a secondary role on barbies nor sws, we just want to be dpses". Although if i recall, it was the same sws crying about not being able to queue as "healers" now you want to be both equally good as dps and healers? think for urself where that would leave the other healers and dpses. imagine everyone running 3 sw dpses, 1 sw heal and 1 tank.
    If you search the topic about Companions, you will see that I cited this as a problem for GWF DPS, I also quoted this in the specific topic of the class and in the topic of general subjects. But for some reason I did not get the dev's attention. Maybe because they want to force the players to migrate to the tank as you yourself quoted. The problem is that very few players have made this transition and do not intend to do so. On the day that there is no longer the option for DPS in my GWF I will stop playing. And if I was promised a viable path for that style, that's what still makes me play.

lardeson said:

If you consider classes that have 2 styles of game or as tank or as healer are forced to play in that style because the DPS is bad, I can not do anything, since it is your opinion, but we were promised a viable DPS path and so far I have not yet found such a path, if it exists.

No, thats not my point, if you saw my last comment before yours, you can see gwf shouldn't be doing less dps, sw shouldn't either, the issue here is that there could be some feats not working on these classes, but not the fact that cw and tr are doing "too much" damage. Barbie from what it looks is mainly considered a tank, otherwise it makes no sense why they have 3 defense slots on companion. If you are not happy with this, you go to the devs, but do not ask for them to nerf other classes, simple go with something like "hey devs, we dont want a secondary role on barbies nor sws, we just want to be dpses". Although if i recall, it was the same sws crying about not being able to queue as "healers" now you want to be both equally good as dps and healers? think for urself where that would leave the other healers and dpses. imagine everyone running 3 sw dpses, 1 sw heal and 1 tank.
    If you search the topic about Companions, you will see that I cited this as a problem for GWF DPS, I also quoted this in the specific topic of the class and in the topic of general subjects. But for some reason I did not get the dev's attention. Maybe because they want to force the players to migrate to the tank as you yourself quoted. The problem is that very few players have made this transition and do not intend to do so. On the day that there is no longer the option for DPS in my GWF I will stop playing. And if I was promised a viable path for that style, that's what still makes me play.
    i cant argue that, still personally dont understand why they made barbarians a primary tank class, when for the past 15 mods they have been the main dps class in the game and i cant read anywhere someone called for this. As for the likes of Sws and Dcs thou, quite a few of them did want to be able to queue as a healer and dps respectively, the issue with dc's dps is not the feats and powers itself but the struggle to maintain divinity, most of their encounters have like 1s cd. The question is who dcs be happy to have higher cd on their encounters and lowest divinity requirements? Would Sws be happy if they got their overal increased by like 10-15% while being able to shield allies on their healer spec?

On the otherhand, as i was saying most of this is subject to change in the next patch, and opinions are subjective, different players can perform in a different way with the same class. If you watched the earlier dev stream, there was a barbie complaining about things being to easy in mod16 and that he was destroying everything. In the same stream we ran with 2 cws, in the first run i outdpsed the second cw by 50m, that being from my 30k more power and 10k more CA. In the other runs we decided to drop stats to roughly 90k power, i dropped to 90k power and 74k CA, while the other cw dropped to 95k power and 94k CA, he outdpsed me by 20m. So yes its not only class and player, but stats too. On the same situation i ran with a cw with 200k a few days back and i outdpsed them by 30m. What am i trying to say with all this? that this is not mod15, this is mod16, Balancing ur toon is important, its a mod where a difference of 5k power and 20k CA can make a big difference, and ofc that includes the player playing the class.

Also @quickfoot#7851 i just did the test, smolder-rimefire was 19% of my overall in LMM from 120m damage. If you see anyone with 30%+ its merely because they are using stuff like icy terrain and fanning the flame which are just about smolder, that doesn't neccesarily mean they are doing more damage, it means they are just doing more smolder damage. but their overall damage without all the smolder focused build would still be more or less the same. Between 19% and 50% there's a huge difference, if you have any doubts, i have saved the actlog, pme ingame, my tag is the same as my name here, i'll happily send it to you. Also when i say we have ranged advantage, i mean we can cast fireball from 80m away and do 500k-1m before you even get close, that depends on the number of adds. Now if i do that 10x in the run, im already outdpsing you by 5-10m with fireball alone, and ofc all encounters i use on thaum are ranged. So if you sum everything, smolder is the least of your problems.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Part of the problem is Proc based dps. Wizards, Rangers, Rogues, and Barbarians all have some form of proc based DPS. These are usually tied to Feats, Class Features, or a combination of both.

Rangers don't have any proc damage anymore. Piercing Blades is gone and Blade Hurricane is a real buff now. If you meant Call of the Storm, that's a very small part of our damage even with the feat working.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Great corrections that will be made Congratulations.

"Envenomed Storyteller's Journal" The reduction of AP gain will be very good for the game, besides AP gain would be very good to analyze because this artifact is causing 20% ​​to 40% of the total damage done in dungeons like Lomm and others. I tested with ACT several DPS classes and all with this artifact.

It is too much damage for one artifact alone.

Speaking of DPS, it is very clear that the best classes are CW-TR-HR.

But what I do not understand, why only SW has the smallest magnetude of damage compared to all DPS?

Example - Tr 1700 - GF 1800 - CW 1500 ... etc

Greater SW 800 magnetude.

I studied a lot to get damage in the SW, not bad, but it does not compare with other dps unfortunately!

Our stamina doesn't begin to refill immediatly as opposed to the other classes (CW/DC for example).
    Considering that you've added stun effects all over the place, that lifesteal isn't a thing anymore and we are a melee-only class, we now have to dodge a lot more than previously. Problem is you just can't use several mini-sprints since the stamina needs a whole second to begin its regeneration after any use of it.

In Mod 15 and previously this problem was compensated by the lifetseal and the overall resistance of the GWF that could facetank pretty much everything. Now that these advantages are gone, please consider doing something to our stamina regeneration.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I dont understand the design behind the stats in mod 16. I didnt when M16 released and checked that I had near all stats capped with M15 gear and R14 enchants. But now I understand less.

So you are doubling stats in enchants now? Ok more value to items invested. But... Only radiants are relevant because of this design... And I am already running with people with 190K-200K power, we have to stop dpsing Trobiand because he release 8 Scorpions at the same time if you melt him fast....

So, with this change, people will reach 250K power, this is insane, M16 was supossed to be a change for the future health of the game... I dont see ways to improve our chars, I can understand people is still having problems in the range of 12-15k Item level, but they will grow and be in the same boat of looking only for radiant enchants.

I dont know what is the solution, but is very sad to see that there arent options to build your character (invest in 1 stat or other) and that harder to get enchants (2-3 stat enchants) are total useless now.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Wheres Paladins damage boost?
    C'mon.. either boost our defense or at least give us some proper damage to make playing Paladin fun.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

In light of the changes to runestones, plz allow previously exchanged runestones to be re-exchanged in the store, as is the case with all other enchantments. I have 2 now defunct recondite runestones on my pet.

This here is absolutely vital for players who have already exchanged enchants to balance

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lardeson said:

Lets takes Wizard/Thaumaturge for example, they have the Class Feature "Critical Conflagration" which procs smolder on a critical hit, then combine that with the capstone feat "Focus Flames" (iirc the name) and boom, we have high burst proc based dps. With builds based on this combo, smolder is about 30-50% of all damage done. And the cherry on top, the At-Will Ray of Frost ticks really really fast. This is what is causing Wizards to do really good damage. And this is why the formula for Magnitude/Cool Down Time/Casting Time/etc is broken, because not all damage comes from the base damage of encounters, dailies, and at-wills. (note: this is also why arcanist is inherently inferior to thaumaturge for both aoe and single target. SS can only proc 30% of the time on crits for proc based burst damage (a 15% proc rate), while critical conflag procs 100% of the time on crits (a 50% proc rate.)

Combine the issue with proc based DPS to some classes with poorly designed feats, and we have the situation we are in now.

For classes and paragon paths that don't have proc based dps from one source or the other, feats and class features should be changed to either provide some sort of equivalent, increase Magnitude of all powers or at least a variety of them, and/or decrease cooldown timers (HR uses this heavily, hence why they are better shape compared to some other dps classes).

those numbers are off, rimefire smolder can indeed do about 25% on aoe but on bosses its about 5-8%, on the otherhand repel which is an encounter does about 15-20 on aoe and 25 on bosses, that clearly beats rimefire smolder, i have tested this with act and if you want a log, pme ingame we run and i'll send you the log. flames is only great in aoe, its not as much as u are assuming on bosses, every other encounter do more damage than it on bosses.

Also thats not why arcanist is inferior to thaum lol, arcanist is inferior to thaum cos in arcanist you dont have relative hated, chilling advantage. your encounters are relatively higher. Secondly no ap gain on cw, if we had ap gain, even with DF and CC, arcanist would be superior due to arcane empowerment, the lack of ap and lack of cd reduction on arcane is why its currently inferior to thaum no because of smolder
    Lets be honest and dont hide the true numbers. .

this is from trobriand in lair of mad mage.
  • andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lardeson said:

at the current state of the game and especially in LMM being the end game dungeon, i find tanks to be completely useless, the aggro meter is bugged and the top dps ends up getting aggro most of the time, so whats the point running with a tank? just take 2 heals and gtg.

I run with 4x DPS + 1x Heal (DC me) most of the time for lomm, we have the Barbie/GF switch to tank on last boss. I also have not noticed any big aggro problems on bosses for most tanks i run with, so for us the aggro meter works if the tank uses there aggro stuff.
    edited May 2019
    lardeson said:

lardeson said:

i cant argue that, still personally dont understand why they made barbarians a primary tank class, when for the past 15 mods they have been the main dps class in the game and i cant read anywhere someone called for this. As for the likes of Sws and Dcs thou, quite a few of them did want to be able to queue as a healer and dps respectively, the issue with dc's dps is not the feats and powers itself but the struggle to maintain divinity, most of their encounters have like 1s cd. The question is who dcs be happy to have higher cd on their encounters and lowest divinity requirements? Would Sws be happy if they got their overal increased by like 10-15% while being able to shield allies on their healer spec?

On the otherhand, as i was saying most of this is subject to change in the next patch, and opinions are subjective, different players can perform in a different way with the same class. If you watched the earlier dev stream, there was a barbie complaining about things being to easy in mod16 and that he was destroying everything. In the same stream we ran with 2 cws, in the first run i outdpsed the second cw by 50m, that being from my 30k more power and 10k more CA. In the other runs we decided to drop stats to roughly 90k power, i dropped to 90k power and 74k CA, while the other cw dropped to 95k power and 94k CA, he outdpsed me by 20m. So yes its not only class and player, but stats too. On the same situation i ran with a cw with 200k a few days back and i outdpsed them by 30m. What am i trying to say with all this? that this is not mod15, this is mod16, Balancing ur toon is important, its a mod where a difference of 5k power and 20k CA can make a big difference, and ofc that includes the player playing the class.

Also @quickfoot#7851 i just did the test, smolder-rimefire was 19% of my overall in LMM from 120m damage. If you see anyone with 30%+ its merely because they are using stuff like icy terrain and fanning the flame which are just about smolder, that doesn't neccesarily mean they are doing more damage, it means they are just doing more smolder damage. but their overall damage without all the smolder focused build would still be more or less the same. Between 19% and 50% there's a huge difference, if you have any doubts, i have saved the actlog, pme ingame, my tag is the same as my name here, i'll happily send it to you. Also when i say we have ranged advantage, i mean we can cast fireball from 80m away and do 500k-1m before you even get close, that depends on the number of adds. Now if i do that 10x in the run, im already outdpsing you by 5-10m with fireball alone, and ofc all encounters i use on thaum are ranged. So if you sum everything, smolder is the least of your problems.
    I DONT use terrain and fanning the flame boss fights while i do high damage with my encounters and my smolder is 30% how i do that?
    edited May 2019

I DONT use terrain and fanning the flame explain how is 30% of my damage while i do 400k repel and 1m ice knifes?

Maybe you use fireball. I noticed a drop in rhimefire smolder dmg when you dont use fireball or icy terrain. CoI is what gives you more tics to proc smolder and ray of frost.

I can go from 50% dmg from rhimefire smolder to 15% depending on what powers I am using. that doesnt mean I am doing less dmg (in fact it is superior depending on the speed your team is killing trash).
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    edited May 2019

I DONT use terrain and fanning the flame explain how is 30% of my damage while i do 400k repel and 1m ice knifes?

Maybe you use fireball. I noticed a drop in rhimefire smolder dmg when you dont use fireball or icy terrain. CoI is what gives you more tics to proc smolder and ray of frost.

I can go from 50% dmg from rhimefire smolder to 15% depending on what powers I am using. that doesnt mean I am doing less dmg (in fact it is superior depending on the speed your team is killing trash).
    i am talking about single target fights and single target spells.
    vs a boss you are fast with low smolder procs?
    edited May 2019
    With single target spells is not more than 15% for me.

And lots of times others go ahead in dps in the run killing everything in 1 rotation but I end first after Boss fights.

People that do more dps than me usually has 40k-50k more power and I am at 150k.

I dont know what Will happen when they double the stats on enchants but in the BIS world is ridiculous already.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    edited May 2019

With single target spells is not more than 15% for me.

And lots of times others go ahead in dps in the run killing everything in 1 rotation but I end first after Boss fights.

People that do more dps than me usually has 40k-50k more power and I am at 150k.

I dont know what Will happen when they double the stats on enchants but in the BIS world is ridiculous already.

do you have directed flames feat? who are you in game if you want you can run with me.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

"The [Apprentice Spoils] set bonus is doing 15% of weapon enchantment damage instead of 15% of the main hit (damage shows up as separate attacks in the log called "Inherit Danger" instead of increasing the attack's damage). If you remove your weapon enchantment, you get 15% of the main hit."

Plus the neck piece gives 1% ap every 2 seconds instead of 4% as stated
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    lardeson said:

terramak said:

Enemies and Encounters
    Items and Economy
    Artifact Gear
    Artifacts

• Envenomed Storyteller's Journal: The AP Gain of this item has been reduced across all ranks.
    So you are nerfing the Envenomed storyteller with fixing AP Gain on some classes? where encounters only give 1% ap and most of the time give 0%. At wills giving only 0.5% with exceptions of charged atwills. I did post videos about this bug, and have pointed it out since the mod dropped, still no word on it?

terramak said:

• The Movement stat has been removed from any remaining gear that had it.
    This is what I perceive as a nerf for wizards.
    All classes have mechanics that allow them to flash / super speed for trash, in addition to wizard. We only have a funny teleport, using which we jump like a kicked hen.
    Our encounters give hopeless amounts of AP, at very high cooldowns. The only salvation for us was an artifact from tales of old, which you just decided nerfed. Artifact, which cost us many hours of boring grind in your bugged event. The artifact you were supposed to update, not HAMSTER up.
    For me, you shattered all the good changes with two stupid decisions

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    edited May 2019
    mushellka said:

lardeson said:

terramak said:

Enemies and Encounters
    Items and Economy
    Artifact Gear
    Artifacts

• Envenomed Storyteller's Journal: The AP Gain of this item has been reduced across all ranks.
    So you are nerfing the Envenomed storyteller with fixing AP Gain on some classes? where encounters only give 1% ap and most of the time give 0%. At wills giving only 0.5% with exceptions of charged atwills. I did post videos about this bug, and have pointed it out since the mod dropped, still no word on it?

terramak said:

• The Movement stat has been removed from any remaining gear that had it.
    This is what I perceive as a nerf for wizards.
    All classes have mechanics that allow them to flash / super speed for trash, in addition to wizard. We only have a funny teleport, using which we jump like a kicked hen.
    Our encounters give hopeless amounts of AP, at very high cooldowns. The only salvation for us was an artifact from tales of old, which you just decided nerfed. Artifact, which cost us many hours of boring grind in your bugged event. The artifact you were supposed to update, not HAMSTER up.
    For me, you shattered all the good changes with two stupid decisions

Sigil of devoted got nerf, all ap items got nerf was logic and finally they nerf that artifact too.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Do you really think that the Envenomed storyteller should be equivalent to the DC sigil?
    I don't understand your thinking, people.
    Why the hell instead of asking for corrections for your classes, dailly and artifacts, you prefer to shout for nerf something / someone else?
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
This discussion has been closed.