test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Drops Don't Register on Running Over Them

hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Mod note: This has already been discussed internally. It seems XP is also dropping from enemies like gold is. So some of those drops are gold and some are XP.

Gold drops don't show the amount picked up in the notification area when I run over them..

Just noticed this today on two characters. They were running Basement Investigation at Acquisitions, Incorporated. I checked inventory after each drop but my gold amount remained the same.

I took the second character to Well of Dragons, nailed a group of foes, and checked again. No notification, and inventory gold remained the same.

There was one instance where I jumped up for some gold that dropped on top of a crate in Basement and it DID register. But gold that drops on the ground seems to be ignored.

Refining points and bagged items picked up are showing normally.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Update: I have been running characters for Resonance runs in Undermountain, Siege Battlefield, Guild Stronghold and Pirate's Skyhold. The fault rate is not consistent but it IS happening frequently. It should be easily reproducible.
Post edited by frozenfirevr on

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Any [inventory notify] message, like "You received XX copper"?

EDIT: sorry, just wrote "X X X copper", but "hamster" appeared :s:):)
    Post edited by sobac on
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Not working for me either. Not only does it not show in the HUD as gold received, it actually never ends up in the inventory. Maybe 1 in 5 gold piles will register a few coppers.

EDIT: this may be a solo-only problem? While in party the ground gold auto-loot seemed to be working.
    Post edited by shadrakt2 on
  • lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Same here.It's odd because it's the most simple base of almost every RPG since what..Dragon Warrior?Lol.It's amazing how the most simple things are a problem now.
    Post edited by lucadamingo on
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Same here last night noticed only every few gold pickups registered. Same thing this morning doing ME's Also what happened to the auto pickup we had? They decide it made to game move to fast so they removed it like the great combat we once had? Now it's kill a group of mobs stand around waiting for divinity to recharge kill another group wait for divinity rinse and repeat. Makes doing anything so slow and takes so much longer than before and not near as much fun of a game anymore. Fast paced combat was what made this a great game now it's borderline boring combat.
    But I guess we shouldn't expect very much from this company seeing how they can't even put out a weekend event without HAMSTER it up . Which is bad seeing how these are events they already have used before .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Guys this forum is for information only. If you guys wanna rant please use the Player Feedback or General Discussion forums.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited May 2019
    This has already been discussed internally. It seems XP is also dropping from enemies like gold is. So some of those drops are gold and some are XP.
    FrozenFire
  • svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I'm seeing a lot of gold drops (coinage on the floor) that when you run over it to pick it up, you see it pick up, you hear it pick up, but you don't get jack. Turn the game more so gold is REQUIRED and then bug the acquisition...makes sense in a Cryptic sort of way I guess.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

This has already been discussed internally. It seems XP is also dropping from enemies like gold is. So some of those drops are gold and some are XP.

That explains the seemingly random XP overflow I got earlier.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Oh thank goodness. I was afraid that I was finding that "fake gold" that Jim Darkmagic talks about. Could we have a pickup notification? Or fix it so it doesn't look like a drop?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Oh thank goodness. I was afraid that I was finding that "fake gold" that Jim Darkmagic talks about. Could we have a pickup notification? Or fix it so it doesn't look like a drop?

I'm guessing it might not be a priority right now. But yeah, it would be a bug and be fixed at some point I'd say.
    FrozenFire
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have just experienced this in "Defend the Portal". It is not no gold drop. There are gold drop but not all the pick up is successful. There is gold on the ground. There is sound of picking it up. When you are fail to pick it up, there is no visual in the bottom right corner or in the log. When it can pick up, there is both visual and in the log. It is not totally not working but kind of random.

When you can pick it up, there is a notification.

20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received 30 Refinement Points.

[20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received 20 Refinement Points.

[20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received Spoils of War.

[20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received 67 Copper.

[20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received 2 Black Pearl.

[20:14] [Inventory Notify] You received 112 Copper.

I should have picked up about 5 times instead of 2.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • johilojohilo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If you turn on the filter for "minor xp gain" you will see that everytime you pick up gold and it doesn't give you gold, it does give you xp