test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates from 5/23 Maintenance

2»

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019

So, after weeks of running ME and trying to figure out how to obtain those weapons, they ninja fixed the drop and it was still broken and now they "reverted" it back to 3 runes only run?

That's exactly what happened.

This wep set isn't even worth the effort or the stress of dealing with RNG. It's a status symbol... the NW equivalent of some $400 vintage ironic tshirt coveted by Hipsters. Burning set is Primal 2.0 and is way better for all classes.

I know PvP isn't very active at the moment, but I would want them just for that (probably BiS in PvP), since it's hard to reach caps on stats and fights last pretty long as things currently are. But yeah, for a majority of people, there is no reason to get the weapon set except for a transmute or to complete collections.

Also keep in mind, the restored successor gear is gated behind these bosses, so I understand they should be difficult and all, but they need to be doable. @mimicking#6533 Maybe reevaluate some of the mechanics with these bosses, the self heals they have are major cheese imho.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    they still didn't fix the crash for how I am still dealing with that in the game
  • farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I was on my HR in party with 5 ppl and me and sw were left with boss. When boss was almost near death he shot SW and he died i finish off boss and got SW artifact weapons. Here i think this reward system is broken it must have decided to give SW weapon cause he had aggro but due to him dead and spawn at camp i took aggro and got that gear instead.

As of now rewards mechanics looks like first drops are decided then it goes for loot rolls hence ends up giving other class weapon. If this rewards mechanics then it should be chance for everyone to get random class weapon or if only one person then it should first loot roll select party member then give him his class weapon.
  • bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Next time just say:
    Was just a social experiment, don't be mad!
    :)
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Sure you'll be able to explain why we didn't have ONE ghost to summon the special bosses in 24 master expedition. That's 24*3=72 BOSS. NOT A SINGLE GHOST
    And yes we did 3-runes runs, and yes we all have essences in our inv.

So 72 bosses without ghost to summon the special ones, and even with the special boss you're not guaranteed loot, and not even from your class.

You're insane. Totally. You don't even understand how bad that is.

Edit: That's a nice EASTER EGG you got there.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers,

Yesterday’s (May 23) patch incorrectly allowed shimmer-spawned bosses to spawn with just one rune. As these encounters are meant to be some of the most challenging in the game, this morning’s update reverted to the original intent of requiring 3 runes to be slotted in order to have a chance to spawn. It was never intended for one rune to allow for multi-spawns. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

But you forgot to "fix" anything. Despair is immortal. so I lost a couple essences, time and he will put up a wall so you can't get into the room to finish the quest and bypass him.
    But I know, you have to test the fixes that actual fix something, but if you need to cut down on AD or actual fun, hey you can do that on the fly...whoohoo!!!
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Yeah, that wall that was put there is buggy, sometimes it stays up after everyone dies. Also if you're really close to it between the time the last person releases to campfire you can get stuck in it and the boss stays there.

The only boss that's really doable at the moment is Sorrow iirc (the wolf). The others are just insane. They all hit for incredible amounts of HP, basically one-shotting most people except the tank if he has his shield up, but one shot -> shield gone, next shot -> tank dead. This almost requires a 5-10 stack of scrolls to complete a boss for everyone except the super elite. And that's just sorrow, the others, don't bother with unless you believe there is some mechanic we are missing to prevent them from healing themselves and you want to spend the resources to try and find it.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i dont enjoy some sick fight and use up scrolls and stones, made me wonder if they were using zen as bait to buy more scrolls/stones to get and burn off supply of T-bars like water.
  • waldenmistwaldenmist Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I just got a ghost after about 10 ME runs with 3 runes. We had a more than decent team DPS-wise, and we could do absolutely no damage to the watcher-type boss. We did fight inside his shield, but we kept getting one-shotted and no one could do any damage whatsoever. So is it possible that some bosses are bugged? I wonder :astonished:
    If it's the case, add that to the maths and we'll reach 1/25,000 maybe.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    agilesto said:

Sure you'll be able to explain why we didn't have ONE ghost to summon the special bosses in 24 master expedition. That's 24*3=72 BOSS. NOT A SINGLE GHOST
    And yes we did 3-runes runs, and yes we all have essences in our inv.

So 72 bosses without ghost to summon the special ones, and even with the special boss you're not guaranteed loot, and not even from your class.

You're insane. Totally. You don't even understand how bad that is.

Edit: That's a nice EASTER EGG you got there.

Hey update on this, I've got another joke!

I got my first soul on boss kill after THIRTY runs. Yay! The boss was very hard, not every group can do it, great.
    So we killed it, and I didn't get anything! Nothing at all. No weapon, no pet, nothing. Only 5 coalesced magic.

So what you're telling me is:
    - we don't get an essence on every ME. (1/4-1/5 from my experience).
    - we dont get a soul on every boss killed. (1/90 from my experience)
    - we spend an essence, and have a very hard fight, and we can end up with nothing at all.
    - if the group fails you somehow lose the entiere ME rewards.
    - There are some bugged or nearly impossible bosses.

Can anyone on the lead team HONESTLY answer me and say it's WAI? Because if it is, it's the must hamstered up thing you put in game, and you did put some hamster one before.
    Do you HONESTLY believe this is a good thing? Because spoiler it's not. Not at all. It's insanely bad.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    last week, they said they are reducing mobs' toughness, they had all characters reduced at 50%, and scaled the mobs incorrectly, and all they did last thursday, they reduce mobs at 10%, it not even close.
    my 3rd alt, went to unlocking Wyllowwwod expeditation, it was 72 level, and one of guildmate came to assist me, and came across a chest, and it was an 80 level mimic, it was unkillable.

devs, what going on? we felt that we were lied and cheated. lot of players are discovering so many bugs this weekend and still more found. Thomas Foss, what i see, a complete dishonesty on those scalings are way off, it been 4 weeks and players getting angry, some are swearing on devs is killing the game on open chat in PE.
    i might be agreeing with other players are now fed up, it can not go this long.
    this is about beginning of the 2nd Mod 6 exodus, "mod 16 exodus". longer fight is becoming intolarated and tedious.

oh yeah, that ship attack om river district and epic invasion, mobs are killing players 1 shotted again, and kabal's champion killing several players at one hit,
    as i said on open chat, most agreed, dungeon masters are suppose to provide adventure to be enjoy, not get slaughterfest, and they (devs) broke the D&D rules.
    this is almost like players made 1st level character for D&D and DM drop Chulthu on first encounter and killed whole party one shot. what the players do? they get upset and felt being set up for a fall? so, they get up and walk away, cursing that DM, never to play with him again, i was there, i was a last survivor, barely alive, it was similar and cant forget.

so, we think you broke the rules, mobs seem more buffed than last week.