test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defense Supplies/Portable Altars

darbieishdarbieish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Trying to craft Defense Supplies, and the Portable Altar is the easiest thing for me to do it with for the most return.

2 problems:
1. It might be better to use the Greater Injury kits, the shop just doesn't sell them. Nowhere that I can find. So I can't test that.
2. I can't multi buy Portable Altars. So, to craft my 8 Defense Supplies a day(with morale, more if I set my people on Orders) I have to double
click 200 times on the Altar, and hit Spacebar/Enter (twice) 200 times. Just to spend my Morale. Every day.

Who designs an event that allows, even encourages, you to use certain in game vendor bought things, then either doesn't offer those things or makes them this difficult to attain.

Comments

• siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    darbieish said:

Trying to craft Defense Supplies, and the Portable Altar is the easiest thing for me to do it with for the most return.

2 problems:
    1. It might be better to use the Greater Injury kits, the shop just doesn't sell them. Nowhere that I can find. So I can't test that.
    2. I can't multi buy Portable Altars. So, to craft my 8 Defense Supplies a day(with morale, more if I set my people on Orders) I have to double
    click 200 times on the Altar, and hit Spacebar/Enter (twice) 200 times. Just to spend my Morale. Every day.

Who designs an event that allows, even encourages, you to use certain in game vendor bought things, then either doesn't offer those things or makes them this difficult to attain.

Agree, I quit after making ONE of thosse altars...
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    You can buy portable altar stacks of 99 in the auction house...
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • darbieishdarbieish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I for one, as a newer player, think it's a brilliant idea to spend a ton of Astral Diamonds on stuff I can buy with gold. Gold which has little other value.

Simply superb.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    darbieish said:

Well I for one, as a newer player, think it's a brilliant idea to spend a ton of Astral Diamonds on stuff I can buy with gold. Gold which has little other value.

Simply superb.

Gold does not exactly have no other value. Each gold is being sold in AH for around 300 AD.
    However, using gold to buy altar is still a better deal than buying it from AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Injury kits of various types are available at the Dread Ring vendor.

What I want to know is, why can't I use my Forgehammer to craft Defense Supplies? That seems rather silly.
  • darbieishdarbieish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

What I want to know is, why can't I use my Forgehammer to craft Defense Supplies? That seems rather silly.

Well would you look at that. The internet being helpful. Thanks for this, that merchant does sell the Greater that is used in this recipe.
    edited May 2019
    chemjeff said:

It does not allow anything other than 'worn' because your professional level for making Defense supplies is level 1. When you are in level 1, you cannot use any tool above level 1.

I could not use my Mystic/Epic Forgehammer until my professional level (for the regular profession) reaches 70.

But, if you did some Masterwork, you would have a better 'worn'. I guess they tried to limit everyone to do 100% easily for their alt army.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ladycrisa#2733 ladycrisa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    You can also bring on your lower Alts and purchase the minor injury kits and then transfer them via the bank. My issue however is that I just purchased 25 portal altars and failed at crafting because I am required to use the "Worn" tool. Very disappointed that I wasted money on this failed attempt. Not to mention the carpel tunnel it took to purchase them one at a time.

You can also bring on your lower Alts and purchase the minor injury kits and then transfer them via the bank. My issue however is that I just purchased 25 portal altars and failed at crafting because I am required to use the "Worn" tool. Very disappointed that I wasted money on this failed attempt. Not to mention the carpel tunnel it took to purchase them one at a time.

If you are talking about using minor injury kit, a worn tool is enough with a decent level 70 crafter.
    It needs only 386 proficiency to do the job. A worn tool does 65 proficiency. i.e. you need a crafter that does 325 and above.
    It is the tasks that use greater injury kit and altar need something better such as "Well worn" tool.

My problem is the actual cost. I have the the tool and crafter to do 100%.

Say, to get a Neverwinter Defender's pack, it needs 7 Medal of Heroism (MOH)
    12 Supplies gets 2 MOH.
    7 MOH needs 42 Supplies.
    42 Supplies * 20 Greater injury kits / 4 = 210 Greater injury kits.
    210 * 20 silver = 42 gold.
    42 gold * 300 AD = 12600 AD.

That means each Defender's pack costs 12600 AD + crafting fee (which can be up to 75% discount) if you need to buy the material.
    Does Defender's pack worth the cost (if you have to buy it) and the effort?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The stronghold vendor will sell you minor injury kits regardless of your level.