test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Crashes 5/23

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
We are aware of an issue with Neverwinter on PC which is causing some players to crash. We are fixing it as quickly as possible!

(Personal note from yours truly: this happened to me, in case folks wondered if we ever experience what the community experiences. I need to continue leveling my warlock!)

Comments

• Options
    drizztdur78drizztdur78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    topic has been around for some time- i personally wrote a comment in may 9th performance thread.pretty sure it was a well known issue already at that point,ppl disconnected all over the place every once in a while.
    the randomness of the crashes is way more frequent now - once every 2 to 10mins...
    server drops down and wants me to log back in.
    unplayable til fix!
    regards
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

and here i was thinking it was just happening to me........for the past week I have crashed daily while doing Master Expeditions.....usually happens when i get to the final boss, just as i rush in and swing my weapon the game crashes, and then when i try to log back on i get "trying to update the launcher please wait" which times out and then i have to restart the launcher launcher.....why are there 3 layers of abstraction before you can even start this game anyway?.....Arc launcher, which launches Cryptic launcher, which launches NWO launcher.....seems a bit redundant.....

You can just run NW launcher directly. I have been doing that for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zmaj1103zmaj1103 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    game crush and errore hepend to me alot of time i tink this game have problem wit Nvidia GPU som issiue wit latest drivers am not sure but plz if any one use Nvidia and this hepening to him to answer.ty
  • Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    In cradle you cant beat the push pull mechanic cos during the atropal the lag is 100x worse than normal. why? dunno. what did you guys touch? this was ok earlier
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options
    teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    having the same issue today where I cant play my self where I crash under 5 to 20 sec
  • Options
    ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Was in a mex and had summoned a boss of despair when my game crashed and it sent me back to the yawning portal, i thought this issue had been resolved :(
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Not entirely sure which crashes you are talking about here, but I hope it includes the ones when changing zones in the MEs. I noticed in the patch notes that people disconnecting would now remain in queues. Does that mean that if disconnecting in the MEs we will now be able to rejoin the party inside instead of automatically failing the quest and losing it for the day? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    crashes are more likely server failing to respond based.
    its being totally random-it can occur when having character select menue open or when being at the final boss of a ME.
    something cuts off the connection to cryptic servers for a very short period of time.when logging back in right after disconnect it mostly times out or server fails to respond.waiting a few seconds then logging back will work out.
    this is still happening as im typing this!

personally i have had no issues running this game 2013 until around first patches 05/19.
    while lvling during the first days of mod16 i didnt experience discons.
    Post edited by drizztdur78 on
  • Options
    teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    still can not play after patch notes today how am I suppose to play if you wont let me by this annoying crash
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    at least fix the kick out off instance issue for now pls as promised.
    Post edited by drizztdur78 on
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    This happens very often and very randomIy that we cannot just say when exactIy, aIso some peeps have reported that it is very usuaI inside ME, they crash/ dc'ed and then are returned outside a ME, Iosing aII progress they had. This was supposed to be fixed in the Iast patch? when a crash happens during a quest, we are supposed to be back inside.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    If it is expected, is it a crash?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It is happening to me today, it didn't happen in the past just every time I try to load today.