test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Although, outsourcing is nothing outrageous
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Oh my goodness.. *facepalm* Now people are getting the watcher set. So all this time... They sneak it into a patch... smh... SNAFU... bah, this game... smh...
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

I'm not sure they actually lied. They said the set is in the game. I don't remember them actually saying it was obtainable. The comment about "You guys are getting warmer" might have meant that we are getting warmer because they are about to turn it on...I don't even know what to think.

I really thought like you to be honest. Simply because they had to find a way to make those MExp viable in the long run. I mean, once people got their Alabama Set, what would be a reason to go there, aside of fighting in place with less bugs than everywhere else and where scaling is a word unknown from the vocabulary.

On the concept its a good idea. Send us in MExp, then unlock the dungeon, then send us back in MExp. Force the Holy Trinity in there too for those new special bosses. With new mechanics and such.

But so awkward in the "is in the game" "easter egg''.. Then "you guys are getting warmer" "we do not want to frustrate our players". I mean, thats exactly what they did lol. It simply looks to me like: they made fun of us reading all those theories in the thread and were laughing their hamster off with a donut in the right hand and a coffee cup in the left one, or they are terrible with communication. The latest one wouldnt be a surprise.

Please think about what you said again, at a moment when players are heavily frustrated or simply gone. "We do not want to frustrate our players". Sarcasm meter off?

Seriously honesty pays always off in the long run. Just tell us "the watcher set will appear at some point in the game''..
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Shouldn't someone now either lock this thread or change the name?
    I aim to misbehave
  • farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    70-80 % post is of ppl whining and crying with no useful information on mechanics and how to defeat those Essence boss.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Those don't have anything to do with the watcher set, unless someone actually has a screenshot of them dropping...

These bosses are to awaken essences for LoMM armor restoration.

Nope, it actually consumes essensces you already gathered as those simply trigger bosses - those are kinda currency to pay for boss to show. Now after the fight you can get a piece of Watcher set, some other gear (for me a LOL 909 IL chestplate and) legendary vanity pet. None of us got any awakened essences needed for LOMM armors restoration.

For me its is meant to substantially prolong our interest in expeditions. Most of us already have everything what drops there, some even abandoned ME already as they already have tons of gear from them, and drops became more and more insulting (including runic boxes drops) so now they triggered another "level" farm to get essences (huge RNG) trigger a boss (most are real chellenge - if not impossible to kill like that Lord of Despair little Batiri - especially if not at full party) and then it again end up with a random drop including real HAMSTER as my armor piece IL 909....

Sure I would like to kill all bosses, but just for personal achievement as rewards are.... insulting again.

(BTW I am really starting to feel that I would prefere no rewards at all - seriously - instead of getting rewards game is giving me in most cases....it is still way better to fell unlucky then insulted....)
    edited May 2019
    gripnir78 said:

None of us got any awakened essences needed for LOMM armors restoration.

Just unlucky here - thanks for clarification @silence1x

gripnir78 said:

I received one on my cleric last evening. Just an FYI that they do drop.

I aim to misbehave
    silence1x said:

gripnir78 said:

@silence1x
    From summnoed boss or chest at the end?
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

silence1x said:

gripnir78 said:

@silence1x
    I got one from summoned boss.

gripnir78 said:

silence1x said:

gripnir78 said:

@silence1x
    Yes - the summoned boss.

I aim to misbehave
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Hey folks, confirmed that this set is obtainable in game but it's meant to be an easter egg.

So julia tell us, how does it feel that the devs made you lie to us. I already lost credibility on any of the devs words, from now on i'm only watching facts. You might aswell start to focus on the community main issues of the game because i'm sure i'm not the only one feeling that way. Every now and then is healthy to put on the pants and say "we made a mistake".

Moving on, please re-check the drop from ilvl 1000 gear, as it seems to only be dropping from zok's chests
    silence1x said:

Shouldn't someone now either lock this thread or change the name?

I'm guessing not since the title was a truth from the beginning
  • ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

silence1x said:

gripnir78 said:

@silence1x
    I got one as well. It was a drop that had to be picked up after the fight.
  • williamyouwilliamyou Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    As of 5/24 patch has anyone had the wrath show in there ME?
    Yesterday i got it to pop several times. Received 3 watcher main hands for other classes. Why oh why.
    And the Boss fight mechanics are really hard.
    Batiri you cleanse the green chains before you can do dps.
    The wolf is just dps
    The stag is not duable unless you can get it stuck on an object. and use range
    The Boss from longing can not be killed he heals from 20% to 100% so have fun there
  • ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I don't think it is as simple as having the essences for the wraith in someone's bag. I have a sinking feeling that someone in the party has to have actually completed the upgrading a piece of equipment process.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    No wraiths post patch.

And ppl, if you just want vent, do it in guild chat or something ok..?

Are the devs doing a perfect job..? No.
    Are they doing the best they can given their constraints..? Very probably.

Give the whole gee-whizz entitled routine a miss plz.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    we are not being entitled. they flat out lied to us that it was an easter egg in game. It just magically started appearing after a patch and in a way that was impossible to miss earlier than this.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Some of my toons never got a single essence and didnt put a toe in LoMM. Is that coincidence or anyone can confirm? Im doing ME on them every day just like the 3 that go on a regular basis in LoMM. I have yet to get one
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Has anyone got a wraith to spawn after today's patch?

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

maybe that was the easter egg.....1 day of the method working........wait till next month and they will activate it for 1 day again
    But April Fools was last month :(

• tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    meh, who wants it anyways, I am far more excited to get my 5th off-hand today (and still no main)...
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

i told all my friends that if i do drop any watcher pieces i will convert them to RP and post a screenshot here on the forums :)

Ii wouldnt do such a thing ! to few RP i let it in my bank to maybe someday use my axe as skin since will be really hard to get the off hand due the number of weapons and off hand dropping in random

Just hope i get the pally Hammer would love that skin...
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    eolee said:

Some of my toons never got a single essence and didnt put a toe in LoMM. Is that coincidence or anyone can confirm? Im doing ME on them every day just like the 3 that go on a regular basis in LoMM. I have yet to get one

You have to complete lomm at least one time or go in party with a toon that has completed it to get the essences. But i have yet to see any essence of doom
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Sounds like it was supposed to be chance at spawn only on 3 rune runs:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1248895/updates-from-5-23-maintenance