Install Arc

Watcher set runic crystal combinations.

13»

Comments

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

the entry for vanrakdoom is interesting to :

'motes of despair choking one's vision'
    and
    'under a great guardian's watch. a powerful object awaits those bold enough to claim it.'

i thought it might be the dragons and ghost figure but they don't appear for me since i completed the campaign

I could be wrong but to me the great guardian is the dragon and the powerful object is the gatestaff which you reclaim and destroy at the end of the campaign.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

in ME I have heard who dare challenges me but did nit have an essence to use at the time. I have only heard it once

the young wyrmlings (baby red dragons) say that, "WHO DARES CHALLENGE ME!"
    Yes, some of them sound like Lostmauth from LOL.

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:
    Yeah, with how many ME runs people do, they clearly turned that on in the patch today.

Still, any confirmation on if those bosses drop the Watcher set?

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    they do, a fighter linked a Golden Watcher bow and an awakened essence after he fought the boss. BtA bow.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yup we summoned 3 bosses today, killed 2, couldn't work out how to kill the one that chains everyone.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Someone in my alliance has the Watcher rogue offhand. Said it was a 1-rune run. Not sure about any other particulars.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    jonkoca said:

Another crazy guess. Eye is a three letter word. One of the runes is yellow, some others are green.

Emerald, yellow, emerald. Equals "eye".

That's on par with theories about Reptile back on MK arcade machines when we were kids. Jesus.

But I like your style and theory. I just don't or won't believe that there indeed is such a meticulous use or a mechanic available given that many things tend to be utterly broken (including the end chest).
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • ludikakieludikakie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    jonkoca said:

Yup we summoned 3 bosses today, killed 2, couldn't work out how to kill the one that chains everyone.

How did you summon them?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If you have any of those new "essance of despair... longing" etc. you can talk to a spirit that spawns when one of the ME level bosses die. You choose to place an essence, and that spawns a new boss. Killing them is tough, they drop the new stuff, rng based as usual.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, I got annoyed by this some other topic so I researched into dungeons now. And went to kill everything except Despair. Despair sucks. A lot.

Summoning them bosses is easy.

I have no idea why are people not sharing this info, though. It is not like you can sell BTA weapons.

Here's a proof of boss name

https://imgur.com/qNciNqR

Also, I got a toy of that little knight. I think the name is Little White Knight or similar. Funny name.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    There's info in the bug reports section.

It's not a secret, it's not a puzzle, it's not a F'ing Easter Egg. It's a hunt system that was left out the game until this patch, and if you run ME's you'll run into it sooner or later.

In a nutshell, do what you always do, after killing a boss if you see a soulpuppet or wraith type thing show up, talk to it, give it an essence, and fight a big baddie. I would highly recommend taking a proper party of 5. Boom, rng drops for stuff like legendary vanity pets, watcher weapons, and probably gear (haven't seen that yet).

• krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Yeah pretty much this. Same hamster randomness of the loot as t3 omu hunt had. Killed 8 bosses so far, not a single party member got a weapon he could actually use. On main or alts... Not everyone rocks 8 classes set up especially with all the grind gearing up involves. Also i love how devs lied to our faces about watcher set being a special easter egg, being in game for weeks... Sure thing we are just blind hamsters who never noticed that tiny well hidden shade -_- Love the design/fight themselves though. Hello, Great wolf Sif. And rest in pieces hehe.
    Yeah, the bosses themselves are good, in general. However, a couple of them seem impossible to actually defeat, other than that, I like them, interesting mechanics, good difficulty, except when they heal back to full health >.<

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:
    I think we may have been in that ME together, @ph33rm3 .... Are you in the TFC alliance?

For everyone else: You *can* talk to the spirit while one fight is going on, and summon a second (and possibly more) bosses. Summoning the 'hidden' boss is simple - after a fight, an Eternal Shadow might spawn. Talk to them, offer them an Essence of Despair etc, and *pop* - new boss.

ProTip: The Regret boss has insane regen, and charges all over the place, making aggro mgmt tough for a tank. I think we got him down, at most, 5% - which was quickly regenerated. :-/

• ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKJFVnViIp0

Let us in you jerks >:C
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    ewecania said:

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKJFVnViIp0

Let us in you jerks >:C

Dont espect a extra patch to fix that man...
    Extra patchs with hotfix only appear when a bug make the game easier, not when the block your advance and make the full party loose one of the daily 3 ME ... plus those you dont even need to report, they can find pretty fast...