test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Neverwinter Seigebreaker's Charger is blue, this appears to be a visual bug

kovak#7891 kovak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ticket ID #4,856,597

As stated my mount is the incorrect color, it is supposed to be red and black as it shows on the icon for the mount. Other players appear to be blue as well if they have the same mount, but I do not know if I am the only one that see's it. It is very distracting and this is my favorite mount as well, I have gone to several locations in the last few days and no matter where I am it looks blue, almost like it has been dyed blue like armor would be. I have been gone for a few weeks, a little before the undermountain updates and the new changes were added, (I was equipped with this mount at the time). I don't know if the updates are related but those were the only changes that happened in game while I was gone that I am aware of. This is my most used mount and it is a rare, as I said it is very distracting to me while playing for it to have a bright blue appearance and I am very easily distracted for various reasons, I have been hit by an enemy more than once while I was staring at my bright blue mount. My original ticket goes into a bit more detail but this is the main gist of it. I also have a couple of screenshots down below this.

-Added at Admin req., below are links to screenshots-

https://www.deviantart.com/dragonfirefangs/art/Screenshot-proof-1-796804375

https://deviantart.com/dragonfirefangs/art/Screenshot-proof-1-796804375

https://deviantart.com/dragonfirefangs/art/screenshot-proof-2-796804660?ga_submit_new=10%3A1557263325

https://www.deviantart.com/dragonfirefangs/art/screenshot-proof-2-796804660

Here, at least one of these links may work? I've uploaded them to my DA and posted a link to them, its a bit dumb but I have no where else to post them that would be easily accessible via link. The screenshots display just fine for me in the forum post so I want aware they didn't go through. (Copy and pasted in comments as well just for good measure).
Post edited by kovak#7891 on
Tagged:

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @kovak#7891 It doesn't look like the screenshots went through, could you add them to your post or reply with links to them? Thank you!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks @kovak#7891 ! I believe the icon portrait may be incorrect since your screenshots match the ones used in the blog from last year (and the sample mount I have on the internal server). I will bring up the icon discrepancy to the team!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11017113
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The Siegebraker had Redish color scheme till mod 16 release, now it got changed to that blue/gray scheme

Is that wai or a bug ?
  • kovak#7891 kovak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Huh... @nitocris83 Are you sure it is the icon and not the mount that is wrong? Is it possible there were 2 versions of the mount model somewhere along the line? And with how close it looks currently to the champions charger is it possible that there was some kind of confusion? Maybe that is a bit far fetched, but I remember playing in-game with this mount being red... I swear it, and it looked good too, and it matched the icon.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I really don't think I am...I remember when I first got the mount I compared it to the champions charger out of curiosity (I wanted to know the value of the mount but was not able to find seigebreaker's to compare to) and I remember thinking that they were very different, with the champions charger being white/grey-ish and the seigebreaker being red and black-ish... I wish I had been smart enough to screenshot the mount before now...

The comment above says red as well so that's not helping my sanity or my confusion haha... I'm not sure what update they are referring to but looking into that may help? Maybe the change was noted somewhere?

I would personally like it back to red if at all possible, but if it needs to be blue or maybe I am the one who is mistaken, well then so be it, but I want to know if it was indeed ever red at some point and, if so, why?? Was the red color a bug? Or was it meant to be red originally instead of blue or the other way around?? Alright... now this is REALLY bothering me, is it blue or red?!? I don't know anymore... I personally liked it as red though while playing... the red eye looks odd with the blue..well.. everything else...

Could you get back to me at some point on what is, or was, going on with this mounts color scheme? It was only kind of odd before, but NOW I think i'm just plain crazy here... I need some closure, am I right or am I wrong, was it ever at any point in time red? I think that's all I'm asking at this point. Clarity. What ever there is i'll take it so long as I know what happened. If the mount stays blue... well I don't think I will get used to it any time soon but if that is how the mount is supposed to be then I won't complain. But there has to be some explanation for the mount being different so suddenly, and the icon not matching the mount, but instead, matching what I remember.

Sorry for an entire essay in this comment, but this is legitimately aggravating to me now. None of this makes any sense, typing out my frustration helps I suppose. Hah, all of this over the color of a mount... I have OCD if it was not obvious lol.
    Post edited by kovak#7891 on
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    This mount was certainly red/black before.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    @nitocris83 With the siege of neverwinter event just around the corner, will our chargers from last event have their color scheme restored back to redish version? The redish version was indeed the one everyone has had up until mod 16 dropped.

I would much rather have the old version that was redish back than the new bluish teal scheme I'm now stuck with.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

Huh... @nitocris83 Are you sure it is the icon and not the mount that is wrong? Is it possible there were 2 versions of the mount model somewhere along the line? And with how close it looks currently to the champions charger is it possible that there was some kind of confusion? Maybe that is a bit far fetched, but I remember playing in-game with this mount being red... I swear it, and it looked good too, and it matched the icon.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I really don't think I am...I remember when I first got the mount I compared it to the champions charger out of curiosity (I wanted to know the value of the mount but was not able to find seigebreaker's to compare to) and I remember thinking that they were very different, with the champions charger being white/grey-ish and the seigebreaker being red and black-ish... I wish I had been smart enough to screenshot the mount before now...

The comment above says red as well so that's not helping my sanity or my confusion haha... I'm not sure what update they are referring to but looking into that may help? Maybe the change was noted somewhere?

I would personally like it back to red if at all possible, but if it needs to be blue or maybe I am the one who is mistaken, well then so be it, but I want to know if it was indeed ever red at some point and, if so, why?? Was the red color a bug? Or was it meant to be red originally instead of blue or the other way around?? Alright... now this is REALLY bothering me, is it blue or red?!? I don't know anymore... I personally liked it as red though while playing... the red eye looks odd with the blue..well.. everything else...

Could you get back to me at some point on what is, or was, going on with this mounts color scheme? It was only kind of odd before, but NOW I think i'm just plain crazy here... I need some closure, am I right or am I wrong, was it ever at any point in time red? I think that's all I'm asking at this point. Clarity. What ever there is i'll take it so long as I know what happened. If the mount stays blue... well I don't think I will get used to it any time soon but if that is how the mount is supposed to be then I won't complain. But there has to be some explanation for the mount being different so suddenly, and the icon not matching the mount, but instead, matching what I remember.

Sorry for an entire essay in this comment, but this is legitimately aggravating to me now. None of this makes any sense, typing out my frustration helps I suppose. Hah, all of this over the color of a mount... I have OCD if it was not obvious lol.

You aren't mistaken, it has always been red, this mount didn't turn blue until mod 16 launched.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Mine was Always Blue / Grey… And have it for a year now…

I demand a PINK color scheme
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer