test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mr Foss update...

bigguy702#4261 bigguy702 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
From me, thank you for the news today. I think this will help everyone new and old enjoy the game and continue to play, with the news today I will renew my VIP. I thank you for listening to us and moving in the right direction.

To me this shows a lot because in the past no one has listened to us and they do what they want to do.

I am sure there will be bugs and there are bugs to still fix but this is now going to go in the right direction. Anyone who doesn't see this needs to move on and is closed minded. And if people read all my previous comments they know I dont kiss anyone's HAMSTER lol.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    The OP is referring to the Q&A that happened a few hours ago, in which Mr. Foss announced that some changes to scaling will be on preview shortly and eventually on live.
  • Options
    photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Words are wind. Scaling was declared fixed in the last one. Let's see it actually get fixed. Until that point I'd recommend anyone avoid this game for a few months at least.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    arazith07 said:

The OP is referring to the Q&A that happened a few hours ago, in which Mr. Foss announced that some changes to scaling will be on preview shortly and eventually on live.

It was more than just scaling. What I heard:
    • Reducing 'monster health' by 10 %
    • Runestones and Enchants are being buffed in scaling calculations - not including bonding runestones - should increase player power - but still not a return to mod 15 levels.
    • Removed item level scaling in early campaign zones (DR, Sharandar, etc) so level 80 characters should zip through content.
    • SH - the SH map is now level 80. No iL scaling - meaning if you are below level 80 in a SH map, you are going to have a really hard time doing any HEs. This last one could be a really nasty pain point for players trying to level up alts using the SH map.
    What they refused to discuss:

Anything having to do with new mods, upcoming classes, races, etc.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    ESO just released new playable class, Necromancer, and we are waiting since Mod 6 when the paladins released.

Ken, Neverwinter got lot of stuffs not in game yet.
    we have wanting for long time, Druids (cleric), Monk (warrior), Bard (rouge), and no plan for new form of wizard, so i would think of "Summoner" for planar and magical creatures, and some contructs, or clockwork pets.

maybe add non-class Clockwork Master or Toy Maker. since parts of Terminus zone gave me an idea with small scale toy army.

we still not had any player own home/housing, i cant see why this is the biggest cash cow money maker. and hopefully at reasonable cost, anything priced too high, they get ignore since it is only cosmetic pixels and vanity,

as for new mods, all mostly speculated, Waterdeep's dragon's heist, or conclusion of elemental war lead by vengeful drow, Vyz'er that Markos trick him and send him away, or Calimshan: Song of the Sands, or to explore the Vault of Candlekeep for secrets of the artifacts (quest to unlock and upgrade the existings) with new Baalspawn saga, or maybe all new unexplore Kara-Tur or Mazetica for lost supplies of exotic goods and spices. it would be impossible for Thomas Foss to do all that, it would taken 10-15 years.

if they add Kara-Tur, they need to have 4 new classes, Samurai (warrior), Ninja (rouge), Sage "scroll master" (wizard) / (Watch that movie Legends of the Eight Samurai), and Monkey Priest (cleric).
    Post edited by wylonus on
  • Options
    New classes is something that Mr. Foss had said is possible now, which is about as much as we will get from anyone until an official announcement of a new class. So I would expect to see one or two in M17 or 18.
  • Options
    drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

arazith07 said:

• Runestones and Enchants are being buffed in scaling calculations - not including bonding runestones - should increase player power - but still not a return to mod 15 levels.
    • Removed item level scaling in early campaign zones (DR, Sharandar, etc) so level 80 characters should zip through content.
    • SH - the SH map is now level 80. No iL scaling - meaning if you are below level 80 in a SH map, you are going to have a really hard time doing any HEs. This last one could be a really nasty pain point for players trying to level up alts using the SH map.

Any word on them fixing the broken instances (KR, VT, TONG, Manycoins, etc)? We've seen some minor improvements to random queue completion ability but still more than 3/4 of the instances in random queues cannot be completed by the target ilvl and just a bit under half cannot be completed period.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    They did mention that the HP of Ras Nsi's Souls and the Nostara Tentacles are drastically reduced in an upcoming patch. Not sure what is wrong with Manycoins (I got gold just morning).
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    drumon88 said:

arazith07 said:

Any word on them fixing the broken instances (KR, VT, TONG, Manycoins, etc)? We've seen some minor improvements to random queue completion ability but still more than 3/4 of the instances in random queues cannot be completed by the target ilvl and just a bit under half cannot be completed period.

They are going to increase the IL you are scaled to. So you won't be scaled down as much. That and the 10% HP decrease of mobs in queued content. He talked about the mobs being faster with their enounters and just faster in general and I thought he was going to say they were going to slow them down but he didn't and just said they were going to decrease their health 10%. Which for some of them doesn't really help much when in MPF they swarm really bad and are so fast. Hopefully they will tone that down as that is just a bit much.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

They did mention that the HP of Ras Nsi's Souls and the Nostara Tentacles are drastically reduced in an upcoming patch. Not sure what is wrong with Manycoins (I got gold just morning).

I don't see how you could have possibly gotten gold; the end boss has over 3 million health, there's way too many mobs, the mobs hit hard enough to 2-3 shot non-tanks thus forcing a 3:1:1 premade, and the only time I've completed it was with a group that can easily clear LOMM and we beat failing it via time on the final boss by literally 2 seconds and still had over 20 downs. That was Sunday, so there haven't been any patches since.
  • Options
    empalas said:

drumon88 said:

arazith07 said:

They are going to increase the IL you are scaled to. So you won't be scaled down as much. That and the 10% HP decrease of mobs in queued content. He talked about the mobs being faster with their enounters and just faster in general and I thought he was going to say they were going to slow them down but he didn't and just said they were going to decrease their health 10%. Which for some of them doesn't really help much when in MPF they swarm really bad and are so fast. Hopefully they will tone that down as that is just a bit much.
    So...nothing about the brokenly fast ghosts in VT, the 300k+ damage hits from the black balls or beholders in KR, or the 70k+ hits from mobs in Manycoins? These guys are IDIOTS. They have been acknowleging these are problems since before mod16 even went live, and we've been reporting them as bugs since literally week 1 of preview.
  • Options
    drumon88 said:

arazith07 said:

I don't see how you could have possibly gotten gold; the end boss has over 3 million health, there's way too many mobs, the mobs hit hard enough to 2-3 shot non-tanks thus forcing a 3:1:1 premade, and the only time I've completed it was with a group that can easily clear LOMM and we beat failing it via time on the final boss by literally 2 seconds and still had over 20 downs. That was Sunday, so there haven't been any patches since.
    This was with me entering into a RiQ solo, the other 4 dps members might have all been grouped for all I know. But I do know that we cleared the first 2 phases with gold, and silver for the boss fight. I was top DPS (as a cleric) but many of the others were close, so I likely had some good luck in getting players that knew what to do and limited the amount of critter flinging, focusing on Rust monsters. As far as the incoming damage goes, we can't be building ourselves like glass cannons anymore, you need to boost up your defensive stats in order to survive.
  • Options
    photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @bigguy702#4261 said:
    > They did mention that the HP of Ras
    > Give it a week or two and all will be fixed they are testing the fixes now, have faith.

That's what everyone said 1 month ago.

No more benefit of the doubt. Just doubt until it's fixed. I give it minimum a month before things are reasonable. Probably still won't be fun. When this garbage hits console it's gonna be hell.
  • Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User

wylonus said:

bigguy, you misunderstood me, i didnt want NWO turning into ESO format, what i mean they are faster to add new classes and we are still waiting for promised new class since mod 6 for druid that was won in poll voting before mod 6 released.
    so, now you bashing players now?
    i played 6 alts, warlock after mod 16 are now tanker and played better and not even 1 year old since last Nov 2018, but my wizard, cleric, barbarian, and paladin are on threshold of survival mode, and my main is a fighter is at 21.4k and nowhere near ready for Lair of Mad Mage dungeon.

i just suggested for player home/housing would be the biggest cash cow for cryptic, and they are not using it.

That poll was taken when Perfect wold was running the show, then Cryptic took over fully. I agree we need a new class and one is coming as Mr Foss has stated this year.
    Actually: Thomas has confirmed that a new class OR a new race will be coming this year a few months ago.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Have no idea why people want to play a bard in a video game (as opposed to a role playing game). The game play of this class just sounds like it would be.. meh. Now something like a necromancer would be far different then any other current class.
  • Options

drumon88 said:

arazith07 said:

Give it a week or two and all will be fixed they are testing the fixes now, have faith.
    That's what everybody said after the last Preview patch before Live.

Then they said it again after the Live release was completely a disaster.

Then they said it again after the first week.

Then they said it again after the second week.

The truth is, the game is no more playable now than it was on the 23rd. Cryptic has made NO, ZERO, ZILCH progress. Literally everything currently wrong with the game was wrong with the game 2 months ago. There's actually MORE things wrong with the game than there was for the first preview build, for every minor thing they fix they break 2 more minor things and 1 major thing.

Like, seriously? They broke AUTO LOOT in tomorrow's patch, something they've had working for 6 months.

I'll believe it when I see it and not a second sooner.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    combat is slow.. feats are removed.. and scaling is still in the game that dampens progression.

So no, the compromise they came up with doesnt really work.

until they make scaling reasonable and allow progression.. it will never work and most players will just say screw it and move on.

Frankly even if they did that all today.. I doubt I will come back, because the game feels so utterly changed to me , its just really slow and boring now..

I think they just made one massive mistake by removing all the feats , recovery and game speed.

Why they chose to do that is beyond, me, I do agree that they shouldve nixed powersharing, multiplicative buffing , damage cycles, and at least a harsh lifesteal nerf.

Yes all of that couldve been done, without destroying the rest of the best part of their games..

But whatever.. at this point..

you cant put the genie back into the bottle, some people may like this new version of neverwinter and continue playing, some people wont .. it just depends if they find enough people who do.. Im not tied into this game because its DnD, while I played some paper variations over the years and read a # of books, it doesnt hold any more sway over me then that.. I dont get up in the morning to say experience a D&D universe.. I played the game because it was mostly fun.. but to be frank.. the game was never that enjoyable to me after mod 10.. all my most favorite times were previous to mod 10 in this game.. and I have come and gone and come and gone a few times since then (took off a year once).

If this is what they think they have to do to survive in todays market.. ok I guess.. I think its a bad choice.. but they see things I dont see and , well maybe its just not for me anymore.. Im a aging demographic to be sure.