test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Mod 16 going to be delayed for Consoles?

I keep VIP on PC and Consoles. I stopped playing PC. I will return when Mod 16 becomes playable and you are able to level characters again. I do still mess around on the consoles though. Before I cancel that VIP as well, I was wondering if there has been any word on holding off implementing Mod 16 on June 11?.

Comments

• tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Wouldn't count on it... They released it broken on PC knowingly. See no reason why they would not release it broken to consoles.
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I would think it is very likely to be delayed. They said in their stream that console would be released with all the new fixes/scaling that is currently being pushed to preview at the end of the week. It will be at least 1-2 weeks on preview before going to live on PC, but realistically longer seeing as every patch seems to produce more bugs.

I do not see how it is possible to hit their mid June release date as mod will either still be on preview or just being transferred to live server. They will be giving more info later in the week, but I would not be shocked to see a mid July release date. It is even more likely that they do not have a release date for console otherwise they would have just said it during the steam. They will probably say they will see how testing goes on preview and then make an announcement on a date
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    They do have a release date for console; it’s Junee 11th. And yes, we will get broken mod 16 on that day. It will not be delayed
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    They might delay it yes. Will give final word later this week
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Delay mod 16 till after jubilee. Players spend lots on zen and deals. Drop mod 16 still unplayable but now if people leave its their loss. Smart move should they make it.
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think they will move it past Jubilee. Delay it two weeks. That will change things alot for people as far as the market players.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Looks like it was just pushed back 1 week. So, 2 days before Jubilee.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if the push back was to ensure that we don't get the Dev Pack that is now on sale for 15000 zen. One extra week gives them the extra time to add patches to the game to make it more stable. I don't think one week is enough; it needs another month or two as the game current state with mod 16 on PC is far from enjoyable and most content once you hit 80 is rarely playable.

Mod 16 is the worst update I have seen any online game release to its players. It is worst than even Anthem initial launch on PC that riddled with technical issues.

Mod 16 is beta NWO2.0; that is how it feels. I'm mean it feels as if NWO is still in development; not even ready for consumers to test an alpha version.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Besides giving time for a better possible launch we all know the reason behind delaying the launch.

So that the Trade Bar store sale isn't in effect when new stuff is added to it.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Besides giving time for a better possible launch we all know the reason behind delaying the launch.

that's silly . stating something like that would indicate that somehow someone snuck in and put a sale on the tb store to coincide with launch without their knowledge.

all they had to do if they didn't want to do that was not do that. dur
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

tgwolf said:

that's silly . stating something like that would indicate that somehow someone snuck in and put a sale on the tb store to coincide with launch without their knowledge.

all they had to do if they didn't want to do that was not do that. dur
    Issa joke.

*throws a lamp at your head*
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    We were supposed to get an update on this subject this week.

@nitocris told us to "stay tuned this week..." during the live stream, but I guess they weren't ready to announce it, whatever "IT" is.

Maybe there's nothing to announce, Thom said the aim is to have Console launches with the new fixes. And perhaps that is happening on 11th June as initially planned. I'll be impressed if it goes live on 11th with all the fixes.
    My guess would be either live on 11th with patches to follow, of fully patched at a later date.

I know that either way will provide a lovely bridge for Trolls to hide under and shout "it should have been the other way round"
    I, for one, would prefer to wait and get a working version first time round.

(Hint: THIS is the sort of stuff where it's better to say "Sorry, I know we said we were going to do HAMSTER, but due to YYY we have to wait till ZZZ... sorry" rather than saying nothing at all. When you do a live stream, if you don;t have time to write down notes on what you say you are going to do, go back and watch it and see where you promise to do things and then you can either be sure to keep the promises, or be able to say why it didn't happen. While I appreciate that PC players are living the pain of Mod16 right now, there are a LOT of Console players worried that it is going to land broken on their platforms. Just because we're not the highest priority doesn't mean we're not involved.)

ETA:
    OK... someone explain why three capital X's got censored... (Was Vin Diesel's Mary-Sue "Witch Hunter" so offensive to D&D that all his films have been outlawed by WoTC and Cryptic???)
    edited May 2019
    stupid double post AGAIN... don't know how this one popped open... think my keyboard needs oil...
    stupid double post... quoted instead of edited...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

We were supposed to get an update on this subject this week.

@nitocris told us to "stay tuned this week..." during the live stream, but I guess they weren't ready to announce it, whatever "IT" is.

Maybe there's nothing to announce, Thom said the aim is to have Console launches with the new fixes. And perhaps that is happening on 11th June as initially planned. I'll be impressed if it goes live on 11th with all the fixes.
    My guess would be either live on 11th with patches to follow, of fully patched at a later date.

I know that either way will provide a lovely bridge for Trolls to hide under and shout "it should have been the other way round"
    I, for one, would prefer to wait and get a working version first time round.

(Hint: THIS is the sort of stuff where it's better to say "Sorry, I know we said we were going to do HAMSTER, but due to YYY we have to wait till ZZZ... sorry" rather than saying nothing at all. When you do a live stream, if you don;t have time to write down notes on what you say you are going to do, go back and watch it and see where you promise to do things and then you can either be sure to keep the promises, or be able to say why it didn't happen. While I appreciate that PC players are living the pain of Mod16 right now, there are a LOT of Console players worried that it is going to land broken on their platforms. Just because we're not the highest priority doesn't mean we're not involved.)

ETA:
    OK... someone explain why three capital X's got censored... (Was Vin Diesel's Mary-Sue "Witch Hunter" so offensive to D&D that all his films have been outlawed by WoTC and Cryptic???)

mod 16 now drops on the 18th
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I did figure that there would be some post of the official announcement of the delay but they never officially announced a release date for Mod 16 on PC either. Have to read tea leaves and look for other clues
    Where and when was it revealed that its been put back a week?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Where and when was it revealed that its been put back a week?

The stream from 5/21 I believe. Don't remember the exact date of the stream but it was the one completed in late May.