test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 - Is this being delayed on consoles?

I know there was talks on possibility of delaying mod 16. I recommend delaying mod 16 on consoles until the devs can get scaling corrected on PC. In its current state you would lose more players on consoles if it goes live as is. I would like to see a communication stating a delay to consoles and the new production date.

Please provide an update to us console players on where you are with getting mod 16 over to us.

Comments

• dawndilion#7316 dawndilion Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    There's been no talk of that since the stream. There's another Q&A sometime next week.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Maybe delayed...forever? =)=)=)

Kind of feels like waiting for the end of the world here.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Maybe delayed...forever? =)=)=)

Kind of feels like waiting for the end of the world here.

My feelings the entire time i was on preview server, testing this new mod, knowing it was going live and there was nothing i could do about it....I hope they spare you console players from mod 16, if they do i will probably buy a console so i can play the game again.
    They just released the dev pack so my guess is now no. Yippie...
    Unbelievable

Can anybody give one good reason why is should hit consoles in its current state?
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    > @frogwalloper#6494 said:
    > Unbelievable
    >
    > Can anybody give one good reason why is should hit consoles in its current state?

To weed out the long term players and give room for fresh milkable noobs. Seriously, this mod is just a big "thanks for the money, now get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of our server" to all that's played longer than 2 weeks.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I for one want to Thank our PC brothers and sisters for Beta testing each new mod before it hits us on console
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Delaying a Module release is rarely an option unless it would literally break the game, rendering it completely unplayable.

(Anyone who says it will is the highest class of imbecile and will be ignored)

The version that releases on Console will have a multitude of fixes in place and only by releasing it on Console can they find out if there are any unique problems to be dealt with. Finding that out sooner rather than later is preferable.
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

I know there was talks on possibility of delaying mod 16. I recommend delaying mod 16 on consoles until the devs can get scaling corrected on PC. In its current state you would lose more players on consoles if it goes live as is. I would like to see a communication stating a delay to consoles and the new production date.

Please provide an update to us console players on where you are with getting mod 16 over to us.

Most people agree with you and have been hounding the devs for months around the awful scaling. They have reiterated again recently that other than odd tweaks which are needed scaling is where they wanted it to be. Console will understand what all the complaining was about when it hits. If you are high Gear score and go in with a team most dungeons are still easily doable. Rewards suck though so people are avoiding them

The problem is going to be for all the people who like to queue solo....If you get in a team with average item level players you will fail most dungeons. Some of it is people not knowing mechanics and some is that scaling is just too harsh so lower level 70-80 players do next to no damage
    tgwolf said:

Delaying a Module release is rarely an option unless it would literally break the game, rendering it completely unplayable.

(Anyone who says it will is the highest class of imbecile and will be ignored)

The version that releases on Console will have a multitude of fixes in place and only by releasing it on Console can they find out if there are any unique problems to be dealt with. Finding that out sooner rather than later is preferable.

Here is something to know before you make incorrect statements. PS has a very long timetable for large updates like a new mod for NWO. It takes roughly 6 weeks and given the 4/22 date on PC and the 6/11 date on Console, the console version won't have the current fixes with the initial update. However, Cryptic can release an immediate follow-up update but it will be staged out and maybe not released the same day, meaning it could hit the following day or two days or even a week later.

Console players will still have to deal with many of the issues that are still plaguing the game that make it not fun for most of the content.

First is how combat is impacted; combat has significantly slowed down, it is now tedious and with that comes playing getting bored and eventually just logging off or only coming on for their daily key.

Second, anyone who enjoys complexity in a RPG game will find this update an insult to their time invested and will leave. Not all console player get on the various media to read the latest and greatest updates. This change is like the first one I mentioned in that it adds another element to the boring factor.

Third, new players won't get far do to difficulty. The game initial missions feel as if they were created for a player that has advance knowledge of this game and all of its ins and outs. Not someone who is new. This continues for the whole gaming experience; which would be good after say level 50 but for a new player content should be mostly EASY.

Fourth, scaling is not fixed and will take more time to fix.

Speaking of fixing a game, Anthem had a big update planned to release in May. But it had major bugs and other issues to fix. This resulted in a delay of the big content; pushing it back without a known release date.

What I am saying is that NWO development team is mostly focused on bug fixes, this will leave little to no time on developing new content. Over time this will hurt the game population further as players won't really have much to do or run.

These four issues should all be resolved or mostly resolve before the game update hits PS4, but Foss and his team doesn't seem to keen on fixing the first 2 if not 3 issues and only really focused on scaling/bug fixes. This will hurt the game and make it have many less players who simply cannot play something that is well boring and not fun or exciting to play.

If you haven't played a loot shooter I recommend picking one up and simply using only your guns to take down enemies; it will take a while and that is how NWO is in mod 16.

On my PSN friend list I use to have around 30-40 people typically on NWO. Most are now playing ESO and all are under 200 Champion Points. That is where most of the players I know are heading as that game still allows players to have choices on their builds, gear, etc... Combat is also better in ESO than what mod 16 is offering for NWO.

I'm sticking it as I put a lot of time and money into this game and still enjoy it and love the lore for D&D. However, if to many leave the game from the alliance I am in, and it takes a while to get into a group or to run a dungeon than I will call it quits.

What I am saying is that NWO development team is mostly focused on bug fixes, this will leave little to no time on developing new content. Over time this will hurt the game population further as players won't really have much to do or run.

Watch Mod 17 be a great big patch
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I am at the point where I want this shitshow put on console with all the bugs and issues pc has had to deal with.

Only when their player base dwindles to insignificant numbers do I believe they will realize their mistake. And by then it will be too late.

When the game is no longer fun, it is time to leave. They aren't listening to their base but to the 10% that shower them with praise. That will be their downfall.
    Well...there's a lot they can do in a month, right?
    I'm hoping by the time it gets to us they'll have ironed more of those wrinkles. That's what I keep trying to tell myself.

In the end, as long as I'm able to continue where I left off, and it's still fun. I don't see myself giving up.
    bobo#5090 said:

They're gonna have to take out down scaling, if they wanna keep me playing anything other than new content after I finish that. The scaling makes all the old dungeons not worth the time for rad farming, and it makes the old areas not worth doing for boon points(especially since they nerfed the boons too), or to farm for keys, or items like frosted glyphs.

I'll find another game to play between mods they're gonna keep all the rubbish that we the players told themnot to give us...

Other games have implemented scaling and most remove it or have a threshold where after you achieve that you start to see progression. NWO needs to add some type of threshold for level 80 players; maybe there is one and we just don't have the higher ranked 80 gear yet to hit that threshold. If that is the case, that is a big problem and it will take a while to resolve it.

• yoko#8608 yoko Member Posts: 19 Arc User

In its current state you would lose more players on consoles if it goes live as is.

funny fact: the density on ps4 has already been thinned out. rq´s take a lot of waiting time atm. as dps.

yoko#8608 said:

In its current state you would lose more players on consoles if it goes live as is.

funny fact: the density on ps4 has already been thinned out. rq´s take a lot of waiting time atm. as dps.

Any game with a Q system where roles are present always takes quite a while when you are a damage dealer. RAQ and REQ takes longer to get into because there are less end game players as quite a few are taking a break waiting for mod 16, many are playing tales, and of course there are many that quit.

As a someone that played a DC I know how bad damage dealers can be in content. I been top in MPSC, FBI, T9, mDemo, CN, etc... That was all prior to mod 16 hitting preview. Once I read up on the changes to clerics I killed mine off for the most part. Even with my cleric being gimp, I'm still more than efficient as a cleric and can run all content without any issues right now.

I simply improved my wizard as that is the lone class I plan to play next mod. With next mod there will be more damage dealer do to cleric and fighters getting the damage dealer option. At the same time, Barbarian and Warlocks also got additional Q options of tank and healer. Next mod, I'm fairly certain Q time will go up mainly as less people will play support roles more will be playing as a damage dealer.

Also, less players will do the random Q as level 70 content gets harder as your level goes up.