test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Companion gear

Hello, as I am probably one of many (or at least big some) people who probably didn't collect all 9 runes on campaign missions and got blue companion gear, there is a question: is it possible to get purple companion gear after you complete campaign or we are stuck with blue or old gear to use?

Answers

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    You are stuck. You can actually miss out on two of the three pieces - in a group, that item will only get awarded to the team leader, not everyone.

I would consider awarding those Items as BtC to everyone who has completed the Undermountain quest chain, although my preferred solution would to introduce craftable companion gear, as that would solve two issues - lack of suitable pieces and current uselessness of professions.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Im a console player. Is the companion gear from illusionist gambit and merchant price folley no good in mod 16? I have +4 and +5 stuff
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @jeremytheman232 said:
    > Im a console player. Is the companion gear from illusionist gambit and merchant price folley no good in mod 16? I have +4 and +5 stuff

It's good if you are below 70 and/or do not intend to start the Undermountain campaign right away. Having said that, starting the Undermountain campaign will provide you with three pieces of companion gear that will be better. And even better companion gear can be obtained throughout the campaign.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Im a console player. Is the companion gear from illusionist gambit and merchant price folley no good in mod 16? I have +4 and +5 stuff

Choke Chain of the Companion
    Combined Rating 882
    Accuracy 5292
    Combat Advantage 5292
    Runestone - offense
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 882

Dingy Collar of the Companion
    Combined Rating 861
    Critical Strike 5166
    Accuracy 5166
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 861

Pearl Ring of the Companion
    Combined Rating 861
    Armor Penetration 5166
    Critical Strike 5166
    Runestone - offense
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 861

Mountain Tags of the Companion
    Combined Rating 644
    Critical Strike 3864
    Accuracy 3864
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 644

Bold Talisman of the Companion +5
    Combined Rating 435
    Armor Penetration 3132
    Critical Strike 2088
    Runestone - offense
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 435

Bold Ring of the Companion +4
    Combined Rating 426
    Armor Penetration 3067
    Critical Strike 2045
    Runestone - offense
    Runestone - offense
    Item Level 426

Keep in mind that Runestone Rank 15 in mod 16 = 660
    it's why with only one offense slot mod 16 companion gear are better than Gambit gear.

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • oguzfrompast#1332 oguzfrompast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It would be nice if they made the ones you get from campaign as BoA not BoC, so if you made a mistake by not collecting all relics in Terminus Expedition to have another chance to get that purple gear.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Would be great if they drop on ME. As i got the whole albarester set and now i only do that for the etchings. They leave us with no chance of customizing with only 3 purple items. I am also stuck with one blue gear
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm stuck with one blue companion gear. It's an important item to make it a random reward. At least like Adinosii said, give us a chance to get companion gear from professions or from ME.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    they have promised companion gear in mod 17.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    adinosii said:

they have promised companion gear in mod 17.

That's pretty much what I got from the recent Q&A; come back in 4-6 months
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Only offering 3 companion gear on an essential stat tweak is annoying. And then having a bug that takes a piece or two away is downright wrong. Waiting until the next mod is not a solution for the bug. More and more stuff to put folks off the game. Compensation should be provided asap.
  • prather33prather33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Have gotten at least 3 pieces of purple companion gear with 3 slots each on every character that has finished undermountain.
  • prather33prather33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    purple with 2 slots
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Only offering 3 companion gear on an essential stat tweak is annoying. And then having a bug that takes a piece or two away is downright wrong. Waiting until the next mod is not a solution for the bug. More and more stuff to put folks off the game. Compensation should be provided asap.

What bug?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Cryptic is already working on mod 17 and with that next mod there will be more companion gear. This is why I have a feeling what we see now is mostly what we will have for fixes for mod 16; maybe one more big patch or two if we are lucky. I'm not all that confident the issues in mod 16 will be fixed enough to satisfy the majority of the players.

In fact, when mod 16 lands on console Cryptic will lose more revenue, even with its summer anniversary sale event coming in June. It might be a wash around that time but come July and August Cryptic books maybe going in the red as my bet is that there will be lesser players putting money towards this game.
  • drud#8257 drud Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi
    greywynd said:

What bug?

If you did the last step of the campain (the dragon) as a group you possibly did not receive the equipment

Also about the equipment that you can drop from your first ME, you will not receive it if you do not collect all runes
    I do not think that there are many quests in the game were if you fail you cannot try again ?

Why cannot we drop these items from IGG ?

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The pearl ring drop is not a bug, just crummy design. People mistakenly call anything they don't like a "bug".

You are not required to get all 9 runes to complete the quest. If you did not complete the quest, as get to the end and turn the quest in, then you failed the quest and will have to try again. Again, crummy design because it is you only chance to get the item.

You do get two blue companion gear with the last campaign quest. These have the same item-level and stats as the purple ones. The only difference is one slot. It sucks. But not really too big of a deal.