test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW drop off.....

korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
So SW drop off top healer and damage place?

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Hellbringer is a strong DPS. Some disagree, but my experience tells me thus far that it’s very powerful at end-game.

Soulweaver has issues. Great damage, deficient variety of healing tools. Worst healer in terms of handling high burst, still dependent on hitting enemies to replenish its healing resource.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    SW since mod 9 isn't top DPS, healer i don't know, i'm not interested to play as "healer" on a Warlock. But Hellbringer is ok for this mod.
    > @giz#2086 said:
    > SW since mod 9 isn't top DPS, healer i don't know, i'm not interested to play as "healer" on a Warlock. But Hellbringer is ok for this mod.

Soulbinder was competitive with GWF in M15 outside of one-phase burst setups, but almost no one knew it because dedicated SW DPS were (and still are) an endangered species.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Wait didn’t you post this chicken little stuff on FB as well?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Hellbringer feels amazing to play atm. I have been going with a curse consuming build and I do a ton of dps even at 16.5k ilvl.

Fiery bolt apply curses, curse bite to rip curses (parting blasphemy feat), killing flame/3 stack dark spiral on any beefy target, reapply curses with at wills (all consuming curse), curse bite, 18 spark soul scorch to drop cds by 3 seconds and repeat.

I just haven't decided on which I like more, the 25 mag damage when curses are applied (I apply them a lot) or the flat 5% dust to dust. As long as I apply curses as often as possible I feel it could pull ahead but in the occasional lull in my rotation it isn't actually doing anything.

Soulweaver is amazing too.

Honestly with the changes in mod 16 I feel warlock is one of the few they got right.
    > @cheerz4beerz said:
    > Hellbringer feels amazing to play atm. I have been going with a curse consuming build and I do a ton of dps even at 16.5k ilvl.
    >
    > Fiery bolt apply curses, curse bite to rip curses (parting blasphemy feat), killing flame/3 stack dark spiral on any beefy target, reapply curses with at wills (all consuming curse), curse bite, 18 spark soul scorch to drop cds by 3 seconds and repeat.
    >
    > I just haven't decided on which I like more, the 25 mag damage when curses are applied (I apply them a lot) or the flat 5% dust to dust. As long as I apply curses as often as possible I feel it could pull ahead but in the occasional lull in my rotation it isn't actually doing anything.
    >
    > Soulweaver is amazing too.
    >
    > Honestly with the changes in mod 16 I feel warlock is one of the few they got right.

If you’re solo, the answer is always No Pity No Mercy unless you have low CA.

If you’re killing trash in a dungeon, NPNM.

If CA can be guaranteed by positioning, I suspect that Deadly Curse outperforms Dust to Dust since it applies even on Curse refresh.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'd say Deadly Curse + ACC is boss loadout except you hav no CA applied at any cases.
    All calsses got problems to hanlde 2. boss in lomm without another supportehal outside a top performing group. Warlock is the weakest from those ones I'd say.
    At Arcturia warlock lacks in burst heal in Cocoon phase imo since his heals deal halve of DC does. My DC can dish out 100k heals in a row, nothing my warlock can come up with. Paladin shields for the similar ammount DC "overheals" and is a pretty solid heal, on top of that he get´s halve of aggro those others do.

My pov only displays my personal experieces and changes from week to week :)
    I met awesome Hunter, TR's, CW's ... no GWF, no GF and no DC so far, wich out-dps'd me significant.
    All of them got 150k+power all got those multiplier equip, one of them run the new mod-set with 15%+ on Daily use, all got new artifacts, maybe also maxed companions same as Insignia on top of new mod weapon and a legendary mount I think, me missing Alabaster, legend mount, Insignia only halve at legend, old set and old artifacts.
    So my statement actually is: Warlock can do good , is in damand, but lately my latest "top of all classes" is Control Wizard tbh. :)
    Some deal great damage with similar gear I can´t touch tbh.
    edited May 2019
    > @schietindebux said:
    > I'd say Deadly Curse + ACC is boss loadout except you hav no CA applied at any cases.
    > All calsses got problems to hanlde 2. boss in lomm without another supportehal outside a top performing group. Warlock is the weakest from those ones I'd say.
    > At Arcturia warlock lacks in burst heal in Cocoon phase imo since his heals deal halve of DC does. My DC can dish out 100k heals in a row, nothing my warlock can come up with. Paladin shields for the similar ammount DC "overheals" and is a pretty solid heal, on top of that he get´s halve of aggro those others do.
    >
    > My pov only displays my personal experieces and changes from week to week :)
    > I met awesome Hunter, TR's, CW's ... no GWF, no GF and no DC so far, wich out-dps'd me significant.
    > All of them got 150k+power all got those multiplier equip, one of them run the new mod-set with 15%+ on Daily use, all got new artifacts, maybe also maxed companions same as Insignia on top of new mod weapon and a legendary mount I think, me missing Alabaster, legend mount, Insignia only halve at legend, old set and old artifacts.
    > So my statement actually is: Warlock can do good , is in damand, but lately my latest "top of all classes" is Control Wizard tbh. :)
    > Some deal great damage with similar gear I can´t touch tbh.

My Warlock and Wizard are very close in LoMM, and they are geared almost identically.

Wizard has amazing proc damage on crit with the right feats.

Warlock being able to guarantee its own combat advantage on trash and on highly mobile bosses, like Arcturia, is an incredibly valuable QoL feature.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Guys. Did you all focusing recharge speed? Most of time i need to wait curse bite to replenish before start back rotation.

Guys. Did you all focusing recharge speed? Most of time i need to wait curse bite to replenish before start back rotation.

No, no special focus on recharge speed. The Soul Scorch (or Puppet, if you prefer) capstone feats help with cooldowns, though.

Note to my previous post: my Wizard has definitely pulled ahead in damage, which isn't a surprise. Warlock is still very good despite what some people say around here, but a few tweaks are definitely in order for the DPS path (a lot of tweaks for the healing path).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I play Hellbringer with several loadouts.
    The path can absolve everything , but calling it a top performing dps is far too much CW>=TR>Hunter>Warlock>=GWF>GF
    That´s actually how classbalance is at imo, DC.. no clue
    Soulweaver is in no aspect a competetive healer, if anyone cares.
    Where Oathkeeper has zero death in a group with a significant lower setup, without even getting in trouble at any point, the warlock is in trouble most of the time.
    Maybe this is also due to severe bugs (Soul Pact Warlock Bargain) combined with lower mag and feature that can be called awkward, maybe also due to Oathkeepers Barrier seems to work somehow in manner not fitting exactly to the tooltip, maybe WAI , maybe not.

That´s how it should be:
    "Raise a Divine Barrier that absorbs damage equal to the amount of hit points healed. Duration: 20s"
    That´s how it seems to work:
    "Raise a Divine Barrier that absorbs damage equal to the amount of hit points healed, even when target is at full health, adding a 500-1000 (crit) mag barrier on every teammate Duration: 20s"
    ... why is my HP bar completely blue? :)
  • btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @vorphied said:
    > Warlock is still very good
    Which feats and powers do you use? With that HFR > CB > FB > CB I seem to not perform that great compared to other DPS classes. Even before I can cast my first curse bite mobs are already almost dead.