test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game music

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
How many of you play with the game music playing? I turn it off and play a heavy metal mix. Anyone else?
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I pop on my Guild Wars sound track by Jeremy Soule. He is the same one who wrote the background music for Neverwinter Nights, Oblivion, and Skyrim. He has earned the title "The John Williams of Video Games". One thing I quickly learn not to do, was mute the voice audio in Ravenloft, as one cannot hear the Night Terror announce "You shall be my prey...".

Nothing against Cryptic music, but they should be able to use the soundtrack from NWN since it is under the same IP. The worse track Cryptic over uses, far too much, is their "Jungle Anthem". You hear it in the Jungle quests of Champions Online, the Chult background music, various missions on Star Trek, and when you are heading to the 2nd witch boss in Ravenloft... which makes no sense and feels out of place.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Also mute Neverwinter sound track in favor of other tunes, most recently soundtrack from Dragon Age and Skyrim and for some reason songs from the Xena TV show soundtrack including "Kaval Sviri".
    DD~
  • Options
    tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Today's music rotation, Megadeth, all in order of release.
    Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
    Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    When I'm doing something new, like playing the story line of a new Mod for the first time or going to a dungeon that I haven't done before then I always have the sound on just for that extra immersion and in case there are any verbal cues.

But when I do the 'usual' then I tend to listen to podcasts nowadays. Sometimes music also, but lately it's mostly podcasts and the odd youtube video/live. Sometimes a twitch stream.

I do have to say I really like the soundtrack in Cold Run (that contrabass vibe or whatever it is, I really enjoy that).
    And I also quite like the Winter Festival ambient sounds. Overall I quite enjoy the soundtrack. but it just gets hella repetitive after a while (apart from that Cold Run contrabass (L)) and listening to podcasts or radio shows sort of creates the illusion i'm not actually wasting my time :D
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    mifiisu said:

...And I also quite like the Winter Festival ambient sounds.

I was in the process of making a Foundry that used the Winter Festival music, when they announced they were planning on burning and crushing all my works on April 11th. "The Bank of Zorg" was a simple story about a nice Thayan couple who open a bank in Protector's Enclave. The Winter Festival music was playing in the lobby as you entered. It is the closest thing in the game to waiting room music. The Bank of Zorg was going to introduce new concepts to players, centered around my game characters Llorna Zorg and her companion Count Byron Zorg. The Zorgs are Thayan reformists, the only 2 Thayan in their movement but they are hoping other Thayans will join the cause. The player enters the story as a temporary teller for their bank, that caters to all sorts of odd clientele. So sad no one will ever play that one. :disappointed:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Actually, there are some areas where I think the soundtrack is fantastic. Is the soundtrack available for download anywhere?
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    prethen said:

Actually, there are some areas where I think the soundtrack is fantastic. Is the soundtrack available for download anywhere?

Some songs are on PWE soundcloud.
    https://soundcloud.com/perfectworldentertainment/sets/neverwinter-soundtrack-v1