test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    phoenira said:

@klangeddin I've opened about 800 chests of these on preview (with copying a lot of characters) and did not drop a single weapon from the chest. It could still be possible though, but I assume not.

Well, that was preview though, it is reasonable to assume that by now they have fixed it.

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I really hope they don't hold this set for mod 16B or something like that...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Hey folks, confirmed that this set is obtainable in game but it's meant to be an easter egg.

I was wondering... anyone here played Neverwinter Nights game? I remember there are some beholders on the Hordes of Underdark expansion, and one of them attacked the player on YP on the first moments of the campaign... also, you find a beholder cave during the campaign and kill their "queen",

Could it be something related, since the set is meant to be an "easter egg"?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Man, considering the number of people running 3 me's a day on multiple toons, I'd bet my money on the set isn't attainable because it's bugged, or they haven't released it yet like with lomm.

The problem if it's bugged, is that we don't know how to obtain the weaps, so we can't test to see if it's bugged, so it will remain bugged. If it's time gated like lomm, then they ARE CURRENTLY UNATTAINABLE and they have us chasing our tails like dumb dogs.

If they are actually obtainable, and the method for doing so is not bugged, I really really find it hard to believe that no one has figured it out in the hundreds of thousands of Master Expedition runs that have happened to date.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User

You know the ogre with a name that spawns in Well, near where you go on the first expedition?

I have seen him spawn at level 80, with a different name.

A team of level 71’s basically couldn’t move his health (as a tank I ended up having to use terrain to get away from him).

I just assumed a bug, as he used to appear in play test and we assumed the same. Maybe it’s not a bug?

Yeah, I saw him too. On my cw when she was levelling.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Well let's keep testing things... this is fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    If it's "not bugged" how come they keep on ninja patching ME stuff related?
    It's not like they haven't blatantly lied before.
  • rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Every person who has Enhanced Runic Resonator... after entering ME, exploring it, will encounter Elder Runes (rune mines exploding and attaching debuff) set by Hlalaster as a hazard for the dwlvers. Every time we stepped new ME, each time first 3 Elder runes "released elder energy" (this shows up to every one of like system message or somethin like that). We assume those 3 explosions activate 3 runes that were applyed to the altars at the very beginning of the ME... Again we came back to the theory with propper setup of runes in alters. As i was corrected it is 5x5x5 combinations... We will keep this theory. We will share our findouts.

The biggest problem and question is. Is every run of ME gives ooportunity to unlock the possibility to get a chance of geting a try to encounter the easter egg. What if it must be a propper set of 3 Floors... or even, what if its reachable only in 1 of the random rooms... I would like to know the answear for that question because if every Expedition run gives a chance to get a weapon with a propper conditions to unlock the easter egg its ok... if its depandant on 1 specific room and propper conditions, than it will be very hard to find.

So I expect the answear to: Is every run of ME gives ooportunity to unlock the possibility to get a chance of geting a try to encounter the easter egg.
    Anyone from the commpany please answear. :(
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I think we are all wrong...I think it has nothing to do with expeditions actually...
    I think it is the Runic Heroic Encounters.
    Ever notice how the wizard flies in and watches them sometimes, then flies away? (The...Watcher...???)
    Today, while doing them in the zone with the pool, someone announced, in a different instance, that a giant monster came and attacked in their heroic. He said it was so powerful that the ten people doing the heroic couldn't take it down.
    I think these are the monsters.
    I think you need to have a ton of people doing one heroic (10+) to get the big baddies to come, and then have enough people strong enough to actually defeat it...
    Gonna try and test this tonight or tomorrow morning and see if we can get enough people in one to get the monster to come and beat it
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Oh yes, I've also seen the bosses in Runic HEs, I don't think I've ever seen any go down though, since people don't do any noticeable damage to them, they just seem to vanish after some time.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    i saw one too yesterday i think (big broodmother with impossible hp regen), although i was alone in the instance so no 10+ ppl. and there was the halabaster apparition watching the RE when i approached it, maybe thats what triggers the spawns.
    edited May 2019
    another wild thoughts,
    what if theres a rune combination tied to the color of the beholders laser rays attacks?
    what if theres a way to access the first expeditions locations, as they still display on the map when you enter ME?
    what about the treasure chest next to the ME map?
    what about the mini beholders "spectators" mobs?
    Anyone tried running ME with myconid companion?
    Post edited by eversummer#1666 on
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    From the Collections page tooltips, it seems to me highly likely that they will drop in Master expeditions, "Obtain this equipment will take mastering the Expeditions and facing terrible foes within". If you sort by 'Locations', it definitely sits within 'Expeditions' but says, "From - ??"

The Watcher weapon set is in the form of a Beholder, so there are a few clues there perhaps: could the "Watcher" be Halaster, or could it refer to the Ghostly form that was speaking with Umbraxakar during the penultimate quest chain in Vanrakdoom? I can't remember the dialogue, but perhaps there would be clues there detailing the order of Runic Crystals, e.g. "Rage, Sacrifice, Empowered" or something like that. "Balance" and "Chaos" refers to a general state of things, and are opposites, so perhaps those two runes are not used to summon the Boss which would drop the weapon set. "Rage", "Sacrifice" and "Empowered" all refer to individual characteristics, so it would make sense if these were the runes which summoned the boss (in a particular combination); although this could just be my wishful thinking. I've scoured the ME entrance room and map for possible runic combinations/colours, but couldn't find anything worthwhile.

I can recall a few times battling a Beholder in MEs, but I cannot remember the Runic Crystal combinations that got us there. But perhaps the Beholder is also a red herring ... I've seen Halaster a few times in MEs, but there didn't seem to be any real way of reaching him.

Whatever it is, I think it is both a combination of Runes, time-gating plus RNG, which is perhaps why no-one yet has obtained the set ...

Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    Grouping some quotes, for the sake of curiosity

-Watcher set tooltip
    " Obtain this equipment will take mastering the Expeditions and face terrible foes with. "
    " Crafted with gold in the resemblance of a beholder, these weapons are sure to catch one's eye. "
    " Tentacles of gold and eyes of ruby, the beholder adorned on this weapon is a beautiful but unsettling accent [...] , it leaves the impression that its watching you. "

-Expeditions
    " Exploring deeper into Undermountain [expeditions], you will discover things no other adventurer has seen. Evils so terrible they corrupt the very nature of their environment, bending it to their will. Creatures so ancient they remember the origins of Undermountain and the birth of gods "
    " One of the best artifact weapon sets in Undermountain can be acquired in Expeditions, provided you can find and defeat its guardians. "
    " If you are willing to lure out and defeat these rare monsters, you are sure to get their rare treasures! These summoned rare monsters drop hard-to-find armor pieces, vanity pets, and one of the best weapons sets you can find in Undermountain, the Watcher set! "

-ME Layout
    " The mini-arena [boss floors] also has a variety of different and challenging encounters and mini-bosses, and you never know when a rare spawn will show itself. "

-ME Art
    " For color, we wanted the Classic mood to have complementary warm bright lights and soft blue backgrounds. This would contrast nicely against the Mushroom mood, which is full of vibrant neon shrooms and more of a split complementary color scheme. The Shadowfell mood is basically an overlay on the Classic, with bubbles of shadowfell where almost all color within is bleached from the environment. "

-Essences tooltip
    " An overwhelming thirst to fight consumes you. Perhaps there is a place you can quench this desire. "

-Myconid companion
    " This is a little fungi that finds great pleasure in finding small trinkets and big fights. "

-Halaster
    " You will be able to see his handiwork throughout all of Undermountain. You may even see Halaster himself wandering the halls looking for his next big change or challenge. "
    Nasty feeling we'll have to finish the tutorial quests and actually grind one of the apprentice pieces... if the blurb about "mastering" MEs anything to go by.

How many toons run ME's everyday? Let's say 5,000, and they run 3 ME's per day. Since mod dropped Apr 23, that's about 24 days. So 5,000 x 3 x 24 = 360,000. If everyone teamed up in a party of 5, that's 72,000 ME runs (as a full party), with only 125 different combinations, it's safe to assume that all possible combinations of runes have been used by now. It's also safe to assume the 1k ilvl gear does not drop in ME's as no one has gotten any from there that I am aware of. Also pretty safe to assume vanity pets don't drop in ME's, the only thing that does is the 950 gear. With let's be conservative and say 2 bosses giving players rolls on a loot table, that's 720,000 rolls on the loot table. For this to make sense, the RNG would have to be 1:700,000+ chance of getting a Watcher piece from bosses in ME's, Bugged (like some of the Masterwork +1 weapons were impossible to create, expensive bug to find btw), or they simple were never on the loot table for bosses in ME's to begin with.

Now how many people farm resonance everyday? Not as many as run ME's, but at least 1/5th of them, someone has to be farming the runes in each group. So 1,000 toons farming resonance everyday for 24 days, it would depend on spawn rate and if there are specific conditions, but think about that 1,000 people participating in these events for 24 days, on these maps, rockn that rng, and nothing?

Seriously, either it's bugged, or it hasn't been released yet.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Nasty feeling we'll have to finish the tutorial quests and actually grind one of the apprentice pieces... if the blurb about "mastering" MEs anything to go by.
    > .

I am with you. Other items didnt drop until you finished the first ir second quest.

It makes sense yo me. And that would explain why nobody Saw one yet, because nobody finished the runic quest chain
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited May 2019
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Nasty feeling we'll have to finish the tutorial quests and actually grind one of the apprentice pieces... if the blurb about "mastering" MEs anything to go by.
    > .

ibb.co/GH3CnFs
    Speak for yourself.
    Completed the quest like in the first week.
    When you completed it - did the questgiver say anything strange..? "Now you have mastered..." blah blah..?
  • joqueras84#8733 joqueras84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Hello, can you give some hints for going in right direction? the set comes from master expeditions maps? or other maps?a little help would be apreciated :)
    It was so long ago I don't remember what he said. But nothihing stood out. It was actually pretty disappointing after wasting all those runes. Thank God I kinda wanted the armor for transmute so whatever.
    My drops in ME haven't been any different.
    The only 'weird' thing I've noticed is that in the last 2 days (since the ninja patch) I've had more different mobs and yday I hit 3 or 4 electropulses, 3/5 were fighting some mobs, I sprinted to them and all the sudden an armoured golem boss spawned from thin air.
    Other than that nothing else weird has been happening in ME
    There is another thing I've noticed:
    In the 'short' ME the one with mobs then turn right few more mobs then boss. If you look up ull see 2 'doors'
    In another layout "above" you'll be able to see where you were fighting. But I've never seen prospective from the '2nd above door'
    The same also appears in another layout, when where you go towards the end, you can see 2long bridges going to "doors" but never been able to see it from those 2 "door" prospectives.
    Another thing I've noticed is the dark/transparent spheres changing positions depending on rune slotted.
    Another thing I've noticed: in the lay out when you spawn with loads of water around and you go into 1 building... If you don't go in and go to the right to the rocks, you'll see a 'tentacle' kinda thing wiggling around.

I'm just saying, weird stuff

Regarding RE's I've done plenty of bosses solo and in team, no major drop.

Regarding the world, whenever you look at halaster in the map near bridges/rooftops/other far away inaccessible area, if you stare at him with mouse centered to him from close enough, after 3-5 he disappears and never reappears again. He leaves a green gist trail there and then that also disappears. If you try to revisit same spot whenever, he'll never be there. On the flip side. If u don't look at him and change instance etc. He'll still be there.

I tried looking for him in all instances but too much work and no idea if I missed any, since no clue how many spawn.
    (This doesn't work always e.g. during lotmm bosses he chills there. And during REs bosses he will also chill and be gone once cleared)
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I think bubbles inside MEs have something to do with the 'puzzle'.

Have you been looking around and listening inside one? I did some recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVCQiGzFd8

I think they are not there just for ambience, there is too much work behind. What do you think?
    That's one of the areas I was talking about

Note: test server is great for trying ME and endless combinations.
    But I don't personally think the combination is the secret. Combinations just feel like they set up the layouts/mobs.
    There might be a specific layout/mobs that "unlocks" the secret but I highly doubt that's the case. I think there's a missing/broken/unclear mechanic.
    The essences not being able to be awakened in any 'clear' way is also annoying. Considering they are just/also used to upgrade 990gear.
    Speaking of which, using all those runes only for 20IL? Cmon...... The piece are not that good, but least make it more IL that one might consider doing all that farming.

Same applies for the 'runic' gear.
    All that work for items that are better you can get easily without trying from a quest... #logic?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

found some really neat areas at the end of an ME....the Ancient of Mraedeth or something knocked me up out of the fight into an outside area so i decided to look around ;)

https://imgur.com/a/rDtHaui

https://imgur.com/a/3cWpTG5

https://imgur.com/a/yu2NX4k

unfortunately i found nothing very interesting except that one place up high but all thats up there is a door to nothing...
    the portals wayyy up there appear to be active though.....maybe just graphically though

how did you got there, what boss was you fighting ? and was you able to walk there or just look to it ?
  • mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I've been thinking and since there is no interactable place in the master expeditions to place the lure, there must be other way to lure out the rare creatures. I went through many options but one particular stood out. There's this artifact called "Arcturia's Music Box" which tooltip says the following: "...Rumors has it that the music will summon dangerous creatures that can hide in plain sight". Has anyone tried using the artifact in the mini-arenas where bosses spawn in master expeditions?
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
    Kali Gold streamed a few videos about this, I haven't had time to watch them fully yet. There was something said about standing in the bubbles and waiting for mobs to spawn, but idk. You can check out his Youtube channel.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    jonkoca said:

When you completed it - did the questgiver say anything strange..? "Now you have mastered..." blah blah..?

I've completed the quest chain on two of my characters as well. One of them in the first week (who has been wearing the restored head-piece since without any Watcher drop or hint of a new boss in ME), and another just recently to see if it changed anything and so that I could have the quest out of my journal.

Both times I completed it, the quest chain ends, and there are no more clues or hints given by Runemaster Sinye, and there are no new quests.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User

I think we are all wrong...I think it has nothing to do with expeditions actually...
    I think it is the Runic Heroic Encounters.
    Ever notice how the wizard flies in and watches them sometimes, then flies away? (The...Watcher...???)
    Today, while doing them in the zone with the pool, someone announced, in a different instance, that a giant monster came and attacked in their heroic. He said it was so powerful that the ten people doing the heroic couldn't take it down.
    I think these are the monsters.
    I think you need to have a ton of people doing one heroic (10+) to get the big baddies to come, and then have enough people strong enough to actually defeat it...
    Gonna try and test this tonight or tomorrow morning and see if we can get enough people in one to get the monster to come and beat it

yeah, debunked this one myself today, we dropped the Remorhaz and several others multiple times today and they drop nothing special...
    Mysteries are only fun for so long without a glimmer of hope...