test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Paladin Guide

greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Hello guys,

I wrote a small guide about the Paladin class for mod 16:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRZRXOvmsLJyLugZim7XZ8ZarWL6ifBgHeZvSdxaSZno74c1jCAx15M2U1NujWaKw/pub

If you have any questions or suggestions, please share them. :)

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    doesn't mention BiS rotation of Alt+F4, 0/10

I demand 0.0005% of your net worth in compensation.

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Awesome! Dare I say a must-read for pallies that survived the Mod 16 RSE. ;)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing your guide :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sun elf is the 3rd ranked race and moon elf is unranked but AFAIK they are identical except that moon elf has stamina gain in addition to everything that sun elf has.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Hmmm...with respect to stats for the Oathkeeper, I'm guessing its advantageous to utilize the older weapon and equipment sets (Ex. Bronzewood, Ex. Primal, Tiamat set, etc.) rather than the newer items. I don't remember seeing anything on preview focused on outgoing healing. Maybe that will change in Mod 17.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Sun elf is the 3rd ranked race and moon elf is unranked but AFAIK they are identical except that moon elf has stamina gain in addition to everything that sun elf has.

Yes, good catch and thanks for pointing it out, I will move it up later.

Hmmm...with respect to stats for the Oathkeeper, I'm guessing its advantageous to utilize the older weapon and equipment sets (Ex. Bronzewood, Ex. Primal, Tiamat set, etc.) rather than the newer items. I don't remember seeing anything on preview focused on outgoing healing. Maybe that will change in Mod 17.

Yes, especially the Tiamat set is really good for healing.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Nice, but not eough tips to increase dps while soloing. I made a dps build for soloing... Maybe I'll send it here...
    @ron#1747
    Well, I'm not presenting a build, I broke down most of the important feats and powers.
    I present tables that show how stamina / divinity work and interact with certain powers.
    I also show interesting companion and mound bonuses.

The idea is to supply the reader with enough information so he can craft his own build that fits his personal needs.
    (That's also the reason why I didn't include gear recommendations).

And yea, if someone is struggeling to deal damage while soloing... capping Armor Penetration, getting a decent amount of Power, Crit and Accuracy will solve the problem.
  • mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thank you for this excellent guide.

• photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Some suggestions: For Justicar Baneful Strikes pairs very well with Divine Pursuit because the free banes trigger divine pursuit. Helps you keep your divinity up. It's a personal preference but I feel healing is excellent to have on my Justicar because it takes some pressure off the healer, and with the feat, sheltering light, and healing that comes from mount abilities I can typically contribute 40-50% of the team healing. This may be due to crits+ a possible bug with armor pen affecting healing to teammates however. Healing others also helps generate threat.

Divine champion is most useful if know you have to weather several hits and need mobility (repositioning through fire or a multi attack from a boss) and seems to really help with picking up a dead teammate due to blocking and being immune to most interpretations. Also you can use it to help with focusing down a boss, basically ignoring its attacks and hitting with everything for a few seconds.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    greyjay1 said:

Hello guys,

I wrote a small guide about the Paladin class for mod 16:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRZRXOvmsLJyLugZim7XZ8ZarWL6ifBgHeZvSdxaSZno74c1jCAx15M2U1NujWaKw/pub

If you have any questions or suggestions, please share them. :)

@greyjay1 I appreciate the guide and do you have an updated version? Seems like Paladin guides are hard to come by.

Thanks in advance.

- Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!