What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin Question

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Is Templar's wrath, Relentless Avenger, and Binding Oath still around? o.o

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Yes they are

They are all part of the Justicar paragon now.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Justicar is the damage path. Those particular powers didn't make it onto my own build, but they're there.

For me the difficulty with the current Justicar paladin is that Divinity runs out after only a few power uses, and is painfully slow in coming back. If I don't use my Divinity powers, my DPS is pathetic, and I get pounded to hamburger (there's virtually no healing in Justicar). If I do use my Divinity powers, then for a minute or two I put out good DPS... then I am back to being chew-toy for mobs while my Divinity slowly, painfully, trickles back in.

I assume I am doing something wrong or missing the obvious way in which Justicars recharge their divinity (other than blocking with their shield, which is very slow, and means you are doing nothing else).

I may give Oathkeeper heal/support Paladin a go next, they seem to have some more options for managing health and divinity. At the cost of doing even less than the minimal DPS I'm currently doing.
  • feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Justicar is the damage path.

It is? I use Oathkeeper for damage. Good enough for soloing anyway. I use Smite, Bane and Burning Light. Nothing to compete with actual damage classes, though.

The "Spirit of Austerity" feat reduces divinity cost more than it reduces damage. Over time you come out ahead. Oathkeeper can also regenerate divinity via TAB, although painfully slowly.
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2019

It is? I use Oathkeeper for damage. Good enough for soloing anyway. I use Smite, Bane and Burning Light.
    How do you find them, especially Bane for soloing? I use Smite, Sacred Weapon and Burning Light. Have you tried Sacred Weapon? Just wondering if it's worth switching to Bane. I use Justicar and seem to tank less with fair DPS. I use a healer to boost me and heal me between mobs so I don't pop healing stones too often. I will test and let you know what I find.

Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
    Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2019

It is? I use Oathkeeper for damage. Good enough for soloing anyway. I use Smite, Bane and Burning Light.
    How do you find them, especially Bane for soloing? I use Smite, Sacred Weapon and Burning Light. Have you tried Sacred Weapon? Just wondering if it's worth switching to Bane. I use Justicar and seem to tank less with fair DPS. I use a healer to boost me and heal me between mobs so I don't pop healing stones too often. I will test and let you know what I find.

Soloing means lots of groups of enemies which is why I use Bane. At-wills are rather worthless damage-wise. They're barely better than doing nothing. Which is why I don't use Sacred Weapon in my solo/DPS setup. I do use it in my tank setup but only for the extra threat from the feat.

As far as healing solo goes I use all those healing mount powers, an augment for more defensive stats and cheap lvl 70 healing potions. Works well enough.
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I just popped in and tried several rotations. I have found, for me, the best for multiple mobs is, Bane, Burning Light and then Smite to clean up any others that survived. Sacred Weapon took too high a Nerf to be useful anymore. To bad because I loved it especially the multiple strikes after three swings.
    Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
    Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets