test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Expedition Runic Gameplay Update

Comments

• tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Guys, guys... Before you get super mad, why not just read up?

Getting through the tutorial should only require one successful expedition completion and etching collection.

Looks like you'll only need to do one ME run without rewards. First try out what changed, then you can get angry. ^_^'
    AND an Etching collection. That means you need to get five of the same color from runs, which could take a week (or more if you are unlucky) of Rune-wasting runs...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And then you still need to get the resonance you need, 400 of 3 different types, and the runic sealer (which I have no idea where that comes from). So it is not a simple run 1 runic ME without rewards, it is more complicated than that.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Because you need to run 5 using the same type of rune to get the etchings so that you can buy the thingy from Sinye for that quest before you can jump through the next hoop that comes along in the tutorial.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Tried it, no rewards other than etchings for all three ME today.

Oww... Okay, will ask about that...
    FrozenFire
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Elder rune gameplay now requires that you have finished the quest called Rune-Etched Armor in order to receive the slotted rewards. With the change there should be an updated description when slotting a rune that looks like the image below:

Also the Enhanced Runic Resonator’s description has been updated:

NOTE: We are aware that this change has indirectly caused an issue for those who have not finished the tutorial quest series and are looking to get that resolved later this week.
    @nitocris83 you telling me that i need to complete the quest that asks me restore a piece of armor(that gives worse stats/equip bonus, plus i need 120k ad to restore them + the resonance types, if only restoring them gave me +~1k in stats i would gladly restore the gear but its not the case) to receive rewards from runes on master expedition? for real? this will kill player base, no one like skt restoring gear and still you apply same system all over again, @mimicking#6533 time to get real that skt restore system is a failure to implemet, time to move on to your newly implemeted professions system.
  • mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I played 3 ME yesterday, i did not loot anything in chest. I was not aware about the fact that I now have to do the tutorial quest line ...

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Getting through the tutorial should only require one successful expedition completion and etching collection.

Looks like you'll only need to do one ME run without rewards. First try out what changed, then you can get angry. ^_^'
    Be vewy, vewy qwiet… I'm hunting teal deers!
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    As usual, players that were able to play from day 1 of the new module have already a nice gear (and/or profit); And the poor fools that start now (e.g me) will have much more pain to catch up after this kind of "WAI patch".
    Please don't make my life too much difficult.
    A little bit of more grind is ok, but still should be doable by casual players. I don't get the full picture but it seems that there are way too many requirements now for ME loots.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Wow. I can't even . . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    K, 2 steps. 1) did one no_chest prize run, got weird rock to give to Ms. Syphallis. Mod 16 completed.
    2.) Now forget mod 16. completed.
    Post edited by burnthedead#7732 on
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Not correct, though: You need to get one of the orbs, which requires trading 5 of the SAME etching, when each ME run gets one etching AT RANDOM and also you need to spend a rune to get an etching AT ALL.

So you need a minimum of 5 ME runs *with* Runes *without* getting Rune Rewards, and that's if you're unbelievably lucky and get the same etching every time.

Then, in addition to the hours of no-reward HE farming to get the resonance to make the runes, and the up-to-6-days-potentially of no-reward rune-wasting ME farming to get 5 of the same etching, now you need *another* 1200 resonance (of specific colours) to make the item (so... 10 more hours of HE farming? Ish?), spend 120,000 AD, complete the tutorial, restore your WORTHLESS piece of GARBAGE relic gear that you'd instantly throw away if it was a random drop because of it's low IL and bad stats.... in order to get back to being able to run THE ONLY MOD18 NON-DUNGEON CONTENT again for THE ONLY MOD18 NON-DUNGEON REWARD.

Or you could just run LOMM instead, and when you get bored of that, play a different game instead.

• mtlmortismtlmortis Member Posts: 19 Arc User

What really puzzles me about this, is the fact that there are dozens of major bugs, some that are very near game/progression-breaking, and this is what is focused on?

Not how programming works. Many things are worked one simultaneously and pushed live when they are ready. The extremely rude and boorish behavior of not announcing it or warning anyone is just Cryptic doing Cryptic.

An "etching collection" is 5 etchings of the exact same type. That's not 1 run through.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    As everyone else has said.. dumb move. You guys have a big mess on your hands with everything (companions/scaling) that is broken but you want to add more of the RNG grind to progression? RNG progression gets boring very quick because streaks of bad luck ruin any fun experience. If this change stopped with the collection of 1 runic etching, that's fine but as everyone else has said... there is no way to guarantee which etching you will get and there are 5 different types.

Runic gear was never and never will be viable (unless it is the highest leveled possible equipment - and with this scaling system, eh?) with the amount of effort that goes into it when you have similar/higher level coming from the expeditions, dungeons, and seals.

The developers need to sit the hell down and figure out a plan, these changes are all over the place. You do one thing to help players then 50 things to hurt any sort of actual progression. Realize that there is a "time vs reward" decision people apply and when you're given diddly squat for doing work, that conditions people to reject that work?

Hell, even on preview I internally gave up on completing that dumb tutorial after it said I had to collect 5 and I saw they were random drops.
  • hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    You know I did 3 MEs this am and got 3 of the exact same etchings for the first time. I already have an orb from quest. Related?
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Give me one good reason to continue playing this game.

I came back for Module 16 with the intention of having fun and being positive and optimistic that all the problems that would undoubtedly arise would be fixed properly and in a timely manner. All i've seen in the last 3 weeks is PR disaster after newly broken content after mind numbing incompetence.

Give me one reason. Then think about it again and tell me if you agree with it yourself.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    While i agree that this change is useless, some people actually dont take the time to read and go crazy for nothing...

Im getting rewards but i never restored any single piece of gear. The quest that requires you to get a sphere of influence that gives you the enhanced resonator in the screenshot takes 5 etching of same color. So its only the 2nd quest of tutorial.

Nobody is asking us to pay ADs to restore the gear to keep going and get rewards nor farm 400*3 resonances or 600*2 resonances and pay 125k ADs. I have restored 0 piece of gear but completed this quest for Sphere of Influence on 3 toons and im getting my rewards. They all have the enhanced resonator. Now what is justified for people to get mad at is that it might take a week to gather 5 etchings of same color, the anger might be justified on this part...

On a side note, im shaking my head because so many things are broken and this fix was not in patch notes nor wasnt needed. Probably justifying more the rage in this thread than the lack of reading of quests or knowing what quest nitocris is refering to.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    mtlmortis said:

An "etching collection" is 5 etchings of the exact same type. That's not 1 run through.

Worst case scenario is that you might have to collect 17 etchings to reach that point. Of course, once you have 5, you probably have plenty of extra etchings to give to Zok for a chance of getting gear that is actually a worthwhile upgrade.
    Hoping for improvements...