test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Expedition Runic Gameplay Update

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
EDIT: Additional information thanks to @mikusquared#1439 can be found here. We have also updated the quest that needs to be completed with the correct one.

Elder rune gameplay now requires that you have finished the quest called Sphere of Influence in order to receive the slotted rewards. With the change there should be an updated description when slotting a rune that looks like the image below:

Also the Enhanced Runic Resonator’s description has been updated:

NOTE: We are aware that this change has indirectly caused an issue for those who have not finished the tutorial quest series and are looking to get that resolved later this week.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User

why?

Exactly!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

why?

This was the original intent behind the design (the implementation also required players to put more effort into the tutorial than was desired). In the fix update, getting through the tutorial should only require one successful expedition completion and etching collection.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I've enchanted runic resonator and get only part of reward example 4500rp and i get only 1500.Why?
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Played the tutorial, and got NO AD, NO Gear, NO Gold. Doing expedition SOLO with 1 rune.
    Seems that your patch is a glitch, not fixing something.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    evemj said:

You can always pay 100k for a resonator, right? It's not like a ton of dungs in the random queues, where we are expected to acquire most of our daily AD, are HAMSTER to the point of being incredibly hard or just not doable.
    Unless I'm mistaken, we only get 3 chances at a random etching per day...

Smells like someone is trying to slow down our progression to keep us playing... other games.

This isn't fun anymore.

Those resonators are for restoring armor.

I've enchanted runic resonator and get only part of reward example 4500rp and i get only 1500.Why?

Where you in a group? currency rewards will get divided amongst the group, you should have gotten more RP from the other party members when they looted their chest.
  • alamos#8020 alamos Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Little confused. I did the part of getting an etching from a chest and handed it in. I am onto the next part. Will I have to get 5 of the same thing to be able now to get items from the end chest now?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

On a similar subject is anyone in their right mind bothering to farm the 1200 unstable resonance PER GDAMN ARMOR PIECE required to get a weak 965? The developers should be forced to sit down and farm themselves an entire set and see how they feel about it. Those armor sets might as well not exist.

They might not for the 965 armor, but might for the 1010 armor.
  • alamos#8020 alamos Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Little confused. I did the part of getting an etching from a chest and handed it in. I am onto the next part. Will I have to get 5 of the same thing to be able now to get items from the end chest now?

you will now, yes
    At work currently, cannot remember was it 5 of the same etching type I will need for the quest or just 5 of the converted runes?
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User

you will now, yes
    At work currently, cannot remember was it 5 of the same etching type I will need for the quest or just 5 of the converted runes?
    It's five of the same type as you have to purchase an orb to continue the quest.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    HMMM I'm having a hard time trying to put a good spin on this. You put this in place after maintenance making everyone think the chest rewards were broken. You are forcing us to do a quest where we have to use 5 etching to get an orb that is used to restore gear. When we have a chance to get 1000 IL gear using 1 etching as well as the chance to get artifact gear as well as artifacts. WHY would I want to do that for gear that is only 965 IL? If it had a great equip like some of the older sets have then I might see it being worth the work. However to restore it you also have to grind res at the lag fest runic encounters. Why??? Why would I WANT to finish it when I have enough to grind with past campaign's? This is only because your sole focus is on BIS players with 20k IL or more. Even though I'm not BIS I'm not worried about finishing this quest for chest rewards since they aren't really worth it anyways.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.