test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine suggestions

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Since the Maze Engine bugs have been fixed I am back on track with those quests only to be stonewalled by the infamous interludes. Being only allowed one quest a day towards the next set of quests makes it the most tedious campaign to do. Even more than the Sea pf moving ice. Might I suggest for the future, make the actual quests more challenging and give multiple ways to earn the adventurers points.
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Task takes about 5 minutes, maybe 10 with the M16 changes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Task takes about 5 minutes, maybe 10 with the M16 changes.

Sorry that was not the point. Yes it only takes 10 minutes but we can only do 1 per day which means the current interlude will take me 14 days until I can continue with the campaign.

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Off the top of my head, it's not the only campaign like that - both Dread Ring and Underdark have similar delays built in (between boon 4 & 5).
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    most, but not all, content is "time gated" and it's WAI, they don't want everything in game to be able to be completed in 6 hrs like mod 16, so don't expect them to change it
    Each campaign is generally set up to take about a month.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

most, but not all, content is "time gated" and it's WAI, they don't want everything in game to be able to be completed in 6 hrs like mod 16, so don't expect them to change it

Ok, then make the actually quests more difficult then. Maybe include some heroics and epics like some older models. Then keep the interludes down to about 2-3 days. Sure it means more content but isn't that what we are paying for?

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Well, once upon a time the boons were worthwhile...
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The problem with Neverwinter is *not* the time gating. Players should be happy there is so much content and so much to do in the game as a result of years of development and mod releases. The advancement should take time, and rewards for the time invested should also make the journey worthwhile.

That would be the case if the developers would just *leave the game alone - as it was originally created*. By that I mean
    1) No XP boosts outside of quest rewards (remove XP from invoking and queued dungeons - as long as you have removed the 'bonus XP' rewards, there is no reason to have more XP than is needed to advance a character from one area to another).
    2) No in-game shortcuts to the end (Primal gear seal rewards, easy access to Barovia or any other mod way above a characters experience level).
    3) Either use item level as a measure of strength (but display it publicly) or ignore item level completely and add 100 levels between Whispering Caverns and Undermountain so the 'level' has meaning. Currently a level 70 character can advance to level 80 without doing more than Maze Engine and Elemental Evil.
    4) Remove all scaling from the game except for Tyranny Campaign/Dragon areas. There is no reason to adjust lower areas to compensate for advancement if the advancement has been earned by doing the content. The only reason someone has to 'go back and do the lower areas' is because the devs/game allowed them to advance too quickly or they bought completion tokens for Zen.
    5) Remove all increased difficulty mechanics from quests and areas outside of Undermountain campaign areas enabled by mod 16. Stop punishing players from level 5-70/Chult because of you released something that ignores item level and pretends that character level has meaning past Whispering Caverns. When I'm on my level 40 character I don't need more adds spawning to 'make it more difficult' than it already was.

The bottom line is there is a lot of content, if the XP push/scaling is removed, players can have a fun time exploring and questing in all the areas over the course of 2 years and feel like they are rewarded along the way and the journey is worthwhile.

As yourself, "If I'm not in Undermountain, why do I need to be level 71?"