test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] CW Bugs/Changes

pyrr#5902 pyrr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2019 in The Library
I am having the most fun on my Wizard I have had in a long time. Thank you.

Things that need to be fixed/adjusted please:
Wizard (aka CW)

1) AP regen is very broken and goes way too slow or not at all compared to other classes!

2) Disintegrate is so nerffed that Repel is our biggest damage single target spell...now Wizards are going to get kicked from parties everywhere :(

Please add to this list bellow if you have found others.

RedJenny

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    If Steal Time lost its ability to speed up the party by a small margin, I do not see why Repel is left with its full potency practically.

It makes no sense that a "Gush of Wind" can inflict more damage than a spell whose name and concept is to DISINTEGRATE FLESH into nothingness.

I do want to see Steal Time having its original TAB power (Spell Mastery) which allows the team to speed up a bit. It does not have to be a huge buff, but let's say 15-20% more speed for 4-5sec seems reasonable.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • pyrr#5902 pyrr Member Posts: 8 Arc User

If Steal Time lost its ability to speed up the party by a small margin, I do not see why Repel is left with its full potency practically.

It makes no sense that a "Gush of Wind" can inflict more damage than a spell whose name and concept is to DISINTEGRATE FLESH into nothingness.

I do want to see Steal Time having its original TAB power (Spell Mastery) which allows the team to speed up a bit. It does not have to be a huge buff, but let's say 15-20% more speed for 4-5sec seems reasonable.

Agreed and well put..."gush of wind"
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2019

The original game designers realized that NWO does not offer players the ability to use more than 3 encounters during a fight and it is why they stacked within encounters multiple functions such as controlling and damaging, healing and buffing, etc... mod 16 has reduced this and the update has made it so players now taking encounters for an additional function that use to be given to other encounters to help them perform double duty. This allowed players to pick meaningful encounter powers for how they played; now it doesn't feel like that.

Go look at other MMO games and you typically get 5-6 abilities to use (encounters) not including the daily. With this game having less abilities for a player to use, encounter cool downs should be lower and having them serve multiple functions is needed to make the game engaging and fun.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    stealtime sometimes fail to be cast completed, we either get interrrupted by mobs or by casting an at-will power, we are back to power that spread mobs away and waste more time killing them and get the same HAMSTER rewards we always did, no rewards rework was done like @nitocris83 mentioned on live stream. our power have some weird delay when casting multiple encounter on same target(target: hex hurler, cast binding chains, roe on mastery + entangled force + desintegrate, arcane at-will to maximize arcane stacks and increase some controll power duration), the fireball animation for mastery fails to show itself and we dont know if it did any damage at all or even hit the enemies, overall classes sometimes i cast daily powers like ice knife, rogue bloodbath and my char get locked in place no action point is drained and the animation is shown.
    arcanjo86 said:

stealtime sometimes fail to be cast completed, we either get interrrupted by mobs or by casting an at-will power, we are back to power that spread mobs away and waste more time killing them and get the same HAMSTER rewards we always did, no rewards rework was done like @nitocris83 mentioned on live stream. our power have some weird delay when casting multiple encounter on same target(target: hex hurler, cast binding chains, roe on mastery + entangled force + desintegrate, arcane at-will to maximize arcane stacks and increase some controll power duration), the fireball animation for mastery fails to show itself and we dont know if it did any damage at all or even hit the enemies, overall classes sometimes i cast daily powers like ice knife, rogue bloodbath and my char get locked in place no action point is drained and the animation is shown.

I've enjoyed the visual-emotional-roller-coaster by reading this.

I do agree that many things are broken, though.
    True Neutral
    I got this without even trying to get this much power. This is all the most basic MOD16 equipment you can easily grind and get in three-5 days of doing constant daily dungeons and similar.

This is not optimized, slots are not even using most of power options (could get 4+ Power bonus on companion, 2/4 artifacts not even using Power, some slots can switch to Radiant, Major Power +1 can be applied giving 880power, I'm not even using legendary 10k power mount). I think that 170k-180k power can be attained easily with minmaxing.

Question is - what comes after MOD16? Will Accuracy / Arpen increase? So, building one build now isn't really necessary. Not much to do anyways.
    True Neutral
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

I got this without even trying to get this much power. This is all the most basic MOD16 equipment you can easily grind and get in three-5 days of doing constant daily dungeons and similar.

This is not optimized, slots are not even using most of power options (could get 4+ Power bonus on companion, 2/4 artifacts not even using Power, some slots can switch to Radiant, Major Power +1 can be applied giving 880power, I'm not even using legendary 10k power mount). I think that 170k-180k power can be attained easily with minmaxing.

Question is - what comes after MOD16? Will Accuracy / Arpen increase? So, building one build now isn't really necessary. Not much to do anyways.

170-180k will still be highly expensive if even technically possible. Sitting at 146k on my Warlock, and going higher would require some rather painful insignia swaps and upgrades as well as making some counter-intuitive gear changes, like swapping out my Hag's Rags for a newer, higher power main body piece that nets less actual benefit. The only no-brainer upgrade I'm missing is a lvl 80 off-hand because RNG won't give me the Alabaster one (or even the Ebonized one). Burnished coming with LotMM, anyway.

If I changed literally everything else that might give 1 or 2k power here and there, 160k+ would be possible, but my character would be worse off for it due to how significantly power diminishes in effectiveness. My assumption is that future content will raise stat caps much in the way they did with Armor Penetration up through M15.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    From looking at ACT (arp & accuracy are capped for me), Storm Spell is Critically Hitting & Doesn't respect Armor Penetration/Accuracy (87% crit, 17% flank, yet: 52% effectiveness).

This seems a common set of bugs: Shard Slam, Icy Terrain, Storm Pillar, Oppressive Force all had effectiveness of about 52% or less.

Anybody else see anything like this? This was a 1 rune solo ME run. Any ideas what's going on....