test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug roundup- broken feats, broken tooltips, broken powers, broken quests

fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

Dreadnought Fighter:
Prepared Slam does not work with any AoEs other than Shield Slam, contrary to its text
Landwaster does not have any effect- it seems like this one is inconsistent; it works normally for some players but for others, even if used at 100% vengeance, Earthshaker does not allow a followup Shockwave.

Vanguard fighter:
Shield Thrower states that it reduces Shield Throw's magnitude to 250, but actually reduces it to 150

Sentinel Barbarian:
Blood Fury states that it reduces the Rage cost of Primal Fury to 0 while Unstoppable and causes it to heal based on damage dealt. Only one of these actually happens- the power does heal, but it retains its rage cost and therefore cannot be used in the last couple of seconds of Unstoppable.

Challenge Campaigns:
The quest to do quests in the Maze Engine does not recognize Bruenor's daily quests, only repeated story chapters.
The quest to do Tyranny of Dragons quests in fact only recognizes quests done in the Well of Dragons.

Comments

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Barbarian: All feats and features that say they provide CC immunity do not, in fact, provide immunity to the overwhelming majority of CC abilities. Pretty much ONLY work vs, vanilla stuns, and some work vs. root. No Barbarian ability provides immunity to knockback, knockdown, knock-into-air, net+pull, charm, fear, daze, or partial paralysis (either initial application or ticks).

Blademaster Barbarian: Stamina regen does not start for several seconds after stopping Sprint. This is not evident on any other class or on Sentinel Barb's block meter regen, so I doubt it's a lag/latency issue. Has also been present since before mod16 but wasn't as big an issue then.

Blademaster Barbarian: Sprint states it provides damage immunity for first 1 second. Either it does not, or does so inconsistently. I think this is either a code conflict or a latency issue where client and server are not agreeing on when an attack was launched relative to when sprint was initiated--sometimes I get hit 1/2 second into sprint and take damage, other times I've been sprinting for 3 seconds and something hits me that throws an "immune" on screen.

Barbarian: Indomitable Battle Strike occasionally misses stationary mobs you're facing (most evident on large bosses, like Tal'Gath in CN, but not limited to them). I think it's hitbox calculations, being an untargeted ability, are off. Also something that has been present since before mod16 but is a bigger issue now since it's a comparatively higher percent of our dps and on such a longer cooldown.

Barbarian: Axestorm still does not play nice with elevation differences.

Blademaster Barbarian: Self damage from Bloodletter+Bloodspiller wildly inconsistent across similar-damage hits.

Companion pathing in all zones continues to be hot garbage, both new and old content companions get stuck on every little rock, tree, doorway, hill, etc. This is a marked backslide from mod15 and mod15 still wasn't great on pathing.

MANY instances are bugged/broken to the point of not being completable. CR, FBI, ToNG, TODG, Tiamat (temp removed), Ndemo (temp removed), Edemo (temp removed), Manycoins, LOTMM, and CODG.

The completable instances in RIQ remain horribly overtuned. They are categorically as or more difficult than the dungeons in RAQ, which is backwards from both the reward and ilvl requirements.

Scaling in dungeons is even worse now than it was last week, whatever yesterday's patch did accomplished the opposite of what it said it was doing.

Master Expedition, twisty-hallway map: Jumping down after the invisible bridge that last lip eats players, they get stuck in terrain.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737349316
    /stuck command does not work, need to use the "GM help, defeat me" option in help menu.

Master Expedition, twisty-hallway map, same segment: Occasionally one of the 3 magic relics refuses to spawn/spawns somewhere non-accessible. About 1 in 5 attempts the whole group scours the whole segment and comes up with 2/3. There is what looks like a relic spawn site just across from 2nd campfire with no relic in it.

Soulweaver Warlock: Shatter Spark AoE heal occasionally fails to heal a player that is both in range and in LOS (even sometimes standing right next to you).

Mobs that net+pull (Ettercaps, lizardfolk hunters, etc): Net cannot be dodged (even if you dodge well outside of red warning zone you will be pulled anyway) or blocked, net+pull goes through CC immunity including iframes.

Most 5-man dungeons: Mob AoE red warning splotches frequently not lining up with the actual area of attack. Likely serverside latency issues.

Most/all 360* AoEs: Area of effect extends several feet beyond red warning circle. Will hit players that have been outside red warning circle for some time so is NOT latency issue. Stronghold dragons, ToD-quest zone dragons, Withers AoEs, spider/ogre jump attack, bone golem AoE, doesn't much matter, haven't found one yet that lines up exactly with its warning splotch.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I think rust monster is bugged. The ability is listed at weaker going from green to blue, 3000 at green vs 1500 at blue. Also I don't know for sure if it procs at all. I'll try to test it later on dummies.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Today's update fixed or mitigated many of the issues with Barbarian. Still having SOME issues with CC when I should be immune but overall much improvement. Enemy red splotches lining up with actual attack areas much better, though still not 100%. I think I was correct in previous assessment that it was serverside latency.

Unstoppable Spin now working 100%. Bloodspiller+Bloodletter much more consistent in self-damage. Shatter Spark now hitting everybody in range unless there's a LOS issue (and there's a bunch of LOS issues that shouldn't be but that's another story).

Master Expeditions. Mob getting stuck in portal to next segment, can't be hit by player abilities, have to sit there for 5 minutes while your pets nickel and dime it to death.

Did you accidentally implement the wrong fork yesterday? Today's latency patch seemed to fix a lot more than latency and I'm wondering if you accidentally implemented the patch you were supposed to yesterday today. Either way, I'll take it.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User

I think rust monster is bugged. The ability is listed at weaker going from green to blue, 3000 at green vs 1500 at blue. Also I don't know for sure if it procs at all. I'll try to test it later on dummies.

I also tested seigemaster (purple - bonus to atwills) and paranoid delusion (purple - bonus to atwills vs. cc'd enemies) on SH dummies last night - neither made any difference whatsoever to melee at-will damage.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • tupperbabytupperbaby Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Add: Quest tracker flicks back and forth between multiple quests often while a character is standing perfectly still. Icons on world map "twitch" over the map graphic. Manticore companion knock-down ability doesn't work.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    Malabog's Castle mobs are grossly overtuned- Krol Nightforge is bad, but the Fomorians are especially egregious, hitting for 260k+(pre-mitigation) on normal melee attacks from Totemists. Even if ideally geared, that's 2-3 hits before death, 4 if you get lucky and deflect.

This was what we were supposed to be RID OF in exchange for doing away with Paladin meta and lifesteal.