test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of the Mad Mage

Comments

• pervertkun#8781 pervertkun Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > So the mechanic is to go away from the cocoon? I though it was the opposite. I remember being the cocoon 1 time and when I exploded I was dead with nobody near me. And I couldnt revive. Maybe I am wrong but well

I think the mechanic is just healing the cocoon. I don't remember once being trapped while in healer build, but since I don't know if it's luck or supposed to be like that, I've put the alternative option.

Also, a easier way to assign corners to party members is using the corner's colors (blue, yellow, purple and green). It gets a little less confusing.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

The verdict is for now that the dungeon is unplayable ...you do need a tank in the party and you do need a healer plus 3 dps ...nothing more to discuss...also i was wondering ...average item level players (15k,16k,17k) how , i mean how are they going to reach 20k iL to play the level 80 endgame content....or the average player is only for the leveling stuff...

ME gear, blue mount insignias, half the boons, SOME guild boons (not necessarily maxed), and R10 enchants will get you 20k. It's not a high bar.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have beaten the new dungeon twice and the first boss three times.

You can use the method where no party members stand near the person trapped in the cocoon. This fight is all about DPS and HEALing. The cleric needs to be on top of it when the cocoon pops to quickly top off the person trapped. If you get them to 100% health the blast wont kill them at all, they will pop up from the ground and need a heal again but the party can fight on. If the healer is slow or the heals come too slow the party will wipe. Think of it like the crystal in CR but reversed and healing the trapped person. Get them to 100% health and the party will be able to press on.

I have used this tactic successfully three times and multiple practices because the other factor is DPS, you don't need tanking at all peroid for this fight. The more dps you can squeeze into the group, meaning the "tank" goes as much damage as possible it will help.

The dps needs to take out the mimics to prevent the golems from spawning. The golems harass the healer so the fewer you have the better.

For the party minus cleric ~ must take out mimics

For the healer (cleric) ~ must be ready to heal trapped party member in cocoon with as many heals to top them off.

Thats it, kill more mimics, heal up trapped party member, damage boss, repeat..

tho i will say i think they should increase paladins at-will dmg output so he can properly support his corner lol

100% agree. Which is why I suggest the paladin dont even use any tanking abilities, just use anything that you can dish out burst damage to the mimics with.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    What my groups are finding is that the tank and healer should have enough damage between them to handle their own mimic corner (even if a couple slip through, it’s fine, but no golems is still the goal). It is not necessary to run 4x DPS as long as the tank can hold Arcturia reasonably well.

If the healer and tank are both on top of things, a lot of pressure is removed from the DPS, whose only job aside from burning Arcturia will be keeping mimics down. My successful parties have mostly been made of 20-23k characters; ilvl beyond that is almost entirely stat inflation that doesn’t do much of anything. Even additional
    Power makes only a tiny difference beyond a certain point.

I still think the fight is overtuned for the average party, which IMO is an issue because the first and only new lvl 80 dungeon this mod should probably be slightly more accessible. Again, I think the difficulty spike should have been reserved for a follow-up epic trial in M17.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

> @drumon88 said:

> The verdict is for now that the dungeon is unplayable ...you do need a tank in the party and you do need a healer plus 3 dps ...nothing more to discuss...also i was wondering ...average item level players (15k,16k,17k) how , i mean how are they going to reach 20k iL to play the level 80 endgame content....or the average player is only for the leveling stuff...

>

> ME gear, blue mount insignias, half the boons, SOME guild boons (not necessarily maxed), and R10 enchants will get you 20k. It's not a high bar.

all my pug alts are 20k...were 13k last mod.

my main is 22k+ and unable to do this spiffy new gimmick dungeon

20k for lomm is like 13k was for CR, it's a lie

Yeah can't disagree there. A 20k healer might be able to get by with the right group but between the bugs and the health pools of just about everything I don't feel powerful enough even on my 23k main.

krumple01 said:

I have beaten the new dungeon twice and the first boss three times.

You can use the method where no party members stand near the person trapped in the cocoon. This fight is all about DPS and HEALing. The cleric needs to be on top of it when the cocoon pops to quickly top off the person trapped. If you get them to 100% health the blast wont kill them at all, they will pop up from the ground and need a heal again but the party can fight on.

I have used this tactic successfully three times and multiple practices because the other factor is DPS, you don't need tanking at all peroid for this fight. The more dps you can squeeze into the group, meaning the "tank" goes as much damage as possible it will help.

The dps needs to take out the mimics to prevent the golems from spawning. The golems harass the healer so the fewer you have the better.

yes but not having the classes as stated at dungeon entry basically makes it pointless and tells you something is wrong, you say you dont need tank but when i was there took 28mill dmg as tank
    im saying for the first boss fight you dont need a tank. The rest of the dungeon you will want one.

> @hercules125 said:

> For a mod that purportedly was supposed to do away with the "1 shot kill", there is a lot more 1 shot kills from that first boss encounter than I've ever seen in any other dungeon. It's not just the red cocoon thing, which bypasses the 2 deaths and your out design, but also various attacks which killed several of us, including the tank.

mod 16 has been nothing but lies and behind the scenes slider sliding

No one says that about the great and powerful Mr. Foss, no one.. (don't look behind the curtain)

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019

> @hercules125 said:

> For a mod that purportedly was supposed to do away with the "1 shot kill", there is a lot more 1 shot kills from that first boss encounter than I've ever seen in any other dungeon. It's not just the red cocoon thing, which bypasses the 2 deaths and your out design, but also various attacks which killed several of us, including the tank.

mod 16 has been nothing but lies and behind the scenes slider sliding

I feel like playing or working arround massively bugged content, like in the past and like in the future, nothing changed at cryptic products :)
    They will fix stuff... some day... or never, like allways.
  • arachnicidusarachnicidus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So basically, 20k tank or dps characters shouldn't even bother with this dungeon. Just do your daily MEs and Zok Boxes to eventually get your 1k gear and run random queues for RAD. Wait for Mod 17 and hope things get better. How many players will even bother? Cryptic should probably just change their name to Cluster. ESO is downloading as I type.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    We managed to (just) beat the dungeon today with a group all in the 21-22k range. If you can beat the first boss, you can beat the rest of the dungeon.

A note though, there is a difference between a 21-22k dps toon wearing all the new ME gear, and a 21-22k dps toon wearing most of the old +3% buff gear from Ravenloft, and Chult. A mile of difference.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • alamos#8020 alamos Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    They need to tone down the mimics/golems and fix the constant stat loss as well.
    In addition, the majority of players who complete this use the old demogoron gear with +% dmg on it. If you want to keep as is then add more + % dmg (I know the ebonized assault ring has it on it) items in undermountain.

I am intrigued, are there any barbs or rangers out there who have completed this without using old gear and if so what your power you had doing this? (assume you have the correct stats in crit, arp etc)
    Post edited by alamos#8020 on
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    All of the requests to make LoMM a 22k requirement are a bit disturbing. I am at 21.6k because I choose to run old gear. Most players should be dumming down their gear as they approach max stats, to get better bonuses instead. I have most of the end game gear but I run with:

Orcus Set
    Ring of the Shadowstalker +5
    Fearbringers
    Primal Assault Kohambos

The only thing I have left is to upgrade r14 items to r15 and get a Legendary Triceratops (I'm running with the purple till I can come up with 20 million to buy the legendary.)
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I play cleric in LOMM and I can say Envenom storyteller journal really help with securing mimic for my corner with help from paladin. Double daily sure help alot.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The +3% gear is much better than the new gear for damage, but keeping it means your item level seems lower than it really is. I have 2 swordsmen perks - bear kiuno/heels of fury for +6%, another general +3% from terrored grips. 5% from the spyguild hat. 3% from a new shirt, +2% from the fane chult ring. Total of 19% damage increase - which is the eqivalent of a massive amount of power - roughly 40k, and still my offensive stats are at cap.

That is worth far more than the slightly increased power of the new armors. I just need an ebonized ring to take over a swordsman perk so I can swap out my boots, or a very lucky drop from fane.
    No idea what my toon is now.