test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion upgrade and astral diamonds.

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I have a companion who needs upgrading but it will cost 500,000 astral diamonds. I am level 60 and have only ever collected 200,000 how is it possible to accumulate that many diamonds? Can you give me some pointers on your gathering schemes?

Cheers,
Chastain Dragonsyre
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Run random levelling queue, random intemediate queue, run normal demogorgo, run tiamat - that should get you about 50,000 rough astral diamonds in an hour [max] play
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Oh and probably best to wait till your 70 before upgrading a companion - which companion is it and what class do you play?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    Unless you know that is the companion you want to keep for a long time, don't waste resource to upgrade it.
    The chance is the companion you have right now is not the one you want to keep after you know more.
    Unless you are already semi-deep into level 70 and covered other area, don't waste resource to upgrade it.

For pointer to get AD, check this recent discussion.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/Neverwinter#/discussion/1245930/levelling-how-to-get-and-use-ad
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    diamonds???? whats this stuff used for again?? oh wait ya thats right the AH!! not to upgrade ur comps.... (unless u got the millions to spare lol),,,,, either wait to upgrade or go the other route.... comp tokens..... can get the comp token packs both on ah or zen mark... pretty cheap too ( wel on ah... ps4 anyways dunno abt pc lol)
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Its also possible that the higher grade (color) companion is available on the AH for cheaper than it would costs to upgrade it.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    There are many, many purple companions of all types on the AH for less than 50k AD.

AS others have stated, if you are really in love with this specific companion and want to upgrade it fully, you're better off going with the companion upgrade tokens.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    As for astrals, you can get 100k daily fairly easily. Then it is just a matter of saving up for whatever you want.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Well this is a healer I've been grooming for a while. I think I want to keep her anyway as I have spent lots of time picking and choosing her stats and equip. She is an integral part of my party. I just don't see what upgrading her will do at this point. Is it worth it?

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    greywynd said:

As for astrals, you can get 100k daily fairly easily. Then it is just a matter of saving up for whatever you want.

When you say easily do you have a process?

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2019

greywynd said:

When you say easily do you have a process?
    It was easy in mod 15 when you asked that question. Now, not really until after they fix the scaling issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Except the 2xAD going on right now.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Except the 2xAD going on right now.

You must mean the 2xAD that's actually not going on right now, because they are taking the game down to fix things that should have been fixed several weeks ago.

And when you do get back in, expect more lag, more DCs, more SNRs, more rubberbanding, more content that can't be completed, and slower progress in older zones because scaling is still broken.

I'd call it "Net 1.3xAD, maybe, if you're lucky".