test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Master Exped Risk/Reward

genadine#7803 genadine Member Posts: 35 Arc User
OK In my opinion the Risk/Time against Reward for the Undermountain ME's is totally out of balance.

Sure 5 people 1 rune is done in 5 minutes, but not everyone has 4 mates or simply wants to be able to say I cleared this I did it me myself and I.

So from a Solo point of view

3 runs taking 1 Empowered Rune per run.

Run 1 - Area 1 No Boss, Area 2 No Boss, Area 3 Boss No Loot, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

Run 2 - Area 1 No Boss, Area 2, Boss crappy blue, Area 3 Boss purple drop, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

Run 3- Area 1 No Boss, Area 2, No Boss, Area 3 Boss No Loot, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

This took me as a Justicar Paladin at 19K IL 90 minutes

This is not balanced, the blues are insta RP material and the solitary purple I have had twice before.

The whole idea is we chase around to get all 9 relics and we are rewarded with blue garbage all 9 should be purple period, the chest has the bonus drop of the Rune Etched for overly expensive armour or a chance at something nice from the understair vendor.

Please re-look at this M16 feature and adjust to be a little more in tune with the advertisement of Master Expeds Ohhh Wow when in fact it is yawn /sigh

Regards

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Yeah from a solo player pov, it's not rewarding enough... I think ME was designed to be a group content but you never knows. Maybe increasing the rewards when getting all of relics?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User

OK In my opinion the Risk/Time against Reward for the Undermountain ME's is totally out of balance.

Sure 5 people 1 rune is done in 5 minutes, but not everyone has 4 mates or simply wants to be able to say I cleared this I did it me myself and I.

So from a Solo point of view

3 runs taking 1 Empowered Rune per run.

Run 1 - Area 1 No Boss, Area 2 No Boss, Area 3 Boss No Loot, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

Run 2 - Area 1 No Boss, Area 2, Boss crappy blue, Area 3 Boss purple drop, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

Run 3- Area 1 No Boss, Area 2, No Boss, Area 3 Boss No Loot, Chest crappy blue, turn in with all 9 relics crappy blue

This took me as a Justicar Paladin at 19K IL 90 minutes

This is not balanced, the blues are insta RP material and the solitary purple I have had twice before.

The whole idea is we chase around to get all 9 relics and we are rewarded with blue garbage all 9 should be purple period, the chest has the bonus drop of the Rune Etched for overly expensive armour or a chance at something nice from the understair vendor.

Please re-look at this M16 feature and adjust to be a little more in tune with the advertisement of Master Expeds Ohhh Wow when in fact it is yawn /sigh

Regards

The whole thing is just kinda a crapshoot. Today, I just decided to run all three of mine solo, no runes, after a week of either slogging through brutal runed solos and doing them in multi-rune groups.

My off-hand finally dropped from turning in quest today.

Then, I just went and turned in all the runes I had collected to the little man under the stairs, hoping my one lucky day would continue.

It did. I got a 1000 pair of boots and a waist piece.

It is all random as frack...
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I only run with rage runes (when I do run with runes) and they haven't really disappointed so far. The little guy under the stairs has been more of a disappointment tbh :D, but at least I usually get AD from him
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Is it even worth running 3 rune? I got my offhand artifact in my solo one rune run. I am doing one rune runs with a group ever since and I got 2 purple pants and 1 purple shirt from quest NPC
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    A rune makes the end chest accessible. Multiple runes (supposedly) increase the rewards from that chest. Runes have nothing to do with drops or the chest you get from Obaya.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    What people may say about how runes alter the rate is not a full complete picture. The runes no matter how many you use only increases the drop chance of a epic gear drop item will drop of any given boss with in the ME. They also increase the chances of a gear drop from the chest and also allow you to loot the chest which gives you the item to get chest of the adventures. However It does not matter how many runes you use in your ME the weapon set is a rng ordeal. Given to you from the quest giver and nothing with in a ME outside of the relics will really alter her drops.
    You have to be lucky to obtain it.
    Truth be told I run my warlock thru ME solo using 1 rune and always get the gear drops none stop and I never got the weapon set not even the main nor offhand.
    I run my OP thru ME solo no runes what so ever and I got my mainhand.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I have only done solo runs of the expeditions with no runes. I have obtained the offhand Alabaster icon, so I confirm, runes are not needed to get that.

Just need some luck to get the main hand!
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I got my third offhand today but no mainhand...RNG sucks so much!
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    yea but a part of a set is just a part....and RNG says u may have bad luck and get never any part or 500 offhands and no main or both in one run...and this is nothing but bs....I tried LoMM today not enough dps due the awefull long cooldown of my encounters I get 1 mimic killed and the next I dont..so what to do? Mod 20 will be awesome again I hear...
    Post edited by aixis2000 on