test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message from the Mimic King

Comments

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    do not fix the update so good this way For the dungeon, the team does not expect to collect money every day, expecting what we are expecting.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'll be at work during the livestream but I look forward to viewing the replay when I get home. As for myself, the present state of the game has left me completely demoralized. I haven't played in a full week -- I've been playing a bunch of single-player games instead (heavily story-based to satisfy my storytelling itch now that the Foundry is gone). I haven't even been able to bring myself to log in for my VIP key. Hopefully there will be some major changes coming.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • laethyn1laethyn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The only thing I ask is to stop giving out enchantments in the new pack that I then have to go trade in in PE. It's irritating.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    if they hadn't messed up the scaling while the game i know there wouldn't be bugs and things broken into the game cause if they keep on ignoring us i know there game isn't going to last long even with new player that have quit on them where the new level cap shouldn't had been hard to play in and if they where not going to make us happy than they should of given us back mod15 tell they made the new one playable
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Honestly you guys need to either LISTEN to your players INTENTLY (and then implement things if feasible) while you are in the process of making a major game changing mod. OR you need to only make VERY minor changes to the game with a DETAILED Q and A session as to your logic behind the changes.

Many of your current CUSTOMERS have spent considerable time and (non-refundable) MONEY to get that perfect build that will do what they want it to do all while knowing all the ins and outs of said build. What MOD 16 did without PROPER (ANY?) feedback is basically tell your CUSTOMERS to shag off, and that you know better than those that pay your salary. Try that at any other job and see how it works out for you. Incremental changes WITH proper dialog is the way to go, and your studio needs to follow this rule or you will quickly find yourself with ZERO revenue!!

As to your blerb about wanting to address the problems, I cannot see with good conscience that this is more than an attempt at damage control, along the lines of spitting on a forest fire. YOU had a chance to LISTEN, but you would rather offer platitudes to your CUSTOMERS, and to that I say FAR to little and FAR FAR to late!!
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I have already really shaved down playing time, basically do the 3 daily master expeditions and sometimes a random queue,,,, when LOMM is released on Thursday (something that should have been with the mod the whole time) I will play that if it is bugged to the point of not being able to consistently do it in the estimated amount of time or close to it. I will be gone as well since it will be the last straw of cryptic not caring enough about their customers to even bother testing stuff enough before release to ensure it is actually playable in an enjoyable way.
  • tanikinho#8846 tanikinho Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello Thomas, but with all due respect, the game is literally horrible, the pets do not heal, they do not attack, the life potions do not help at all, it's easier to die than to use those healing potions. The races, or classes, were all meaningless, because the wizard, paladin the cleric in my opinion are horrible ... System of seals now with 300 seals you get 1,000 of crystal, before there were 100 seals to get 1,000 of crystal. The enemies are doing an absurd damage compared to module 15, all maps were very difficult, I imagine that player, who started playing the game these days, and can not even pass the first map, because of the difficulty that the game imposed. Imagine doing other things that await you further, so it is difficult to play ... In my opinion the Mod 15 was the most sensational. I participated in all the quest, events, meetings and etc ... Today I can hardly do dungeons, because in unbelievable tiamat, without comment. I think you have to solve a big problem, because there are several people with a new bug ... And I think you should give a solution to these bugs, because anyone who is playing is going through anger or hatred in this game. Or redo this MOD 16, it came bugged, full of error, all crooked ... A disgrace MOD 16 only left the player, passing nervous.
  • willenironmaulwillenironmaul Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been playing off and on since 2012-2013, In fact, it's been 3 years since I've played, barring the last couple of days... I have a couple things to say.

First, the reworking of the Paragon paths, I don't hate it, but I can see why a lot of people might. I personally prefer the old way the Paragon Paths were, but meh.

Second, character creation. I understand with a F2P game, you have to make your money somewhere, so certain races are locked. I understand that, however, why, in the Infinite Abyss, WHY are the classes locked into a set attribute point spread?? I remember when you could roll for your stats. I mean, it wasn't perfect, but it was something. Now, for instance, every Paladin starts with an 8 STR, and a 14 WIS, etc. and only your Racial Bonuses make the difference. This annoys me to no end.

There are other minor changes that are annoying, and several bugs with stats not displaying properly, as well as a new bug for me. When I inspect another player, their STR-CHA are all 0 as well as literally all of their other stats like "Combat Advantage", "Critical Severity" etc. But all of their gear shows stats as normal.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Old, long term players are DEDICATED players. Dedicated players form guilds, they build alliances, they become streamers, they can make others come back. And spend money. But they need to feel VALUED. PART OF THE GANG. They need to enjoy the game too. Zoom it down to the most basic element, they need to have a bond with their character(s). Old and new players do.

The future of the Neverwinter community is in your hands today Mr Foss. I'll be watching your stream. Many of us will.
    Post edited by aandrethegiant on

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    As I said on another post (about 2 months ago), you could have taken more time to improve the mod before putting it on live. There was No deadline from our side. Also, you tried to put a lot of things on this patch and that leads to a lot of errors of course. There are many good ideas on this mod (at least on theory), but if you put all of them together not developing them correctly is worse than not implementing them.
    You did some good mechanics on mod 15 like kteam (even if the rewards were not good, on my clan we did it just for fun), and tales of old was very fun and challenging. You could have exploited these things more and we would be pleased. But no, you forgot all of these and put a new campaign that took me 3 days to complete (with no challenge at all). You could have also exploited pvp and give proper rewards for it to make the community play pvp (atm only people who like the spirit of pvp play it and not all the time). You could have made more improvements to stronghold and sieges and more incentive to that kind of playing that im sure will keep the community entertained for a long time.
    Then all the improvements to skills and boon and oll of that could have been implemented slowly a bit each patch and there would have been much less errors.
    If I was a developer I would have made a rollback to mod 15, add the new campaign like it used to be on lvl 70 mobs and then slowly polish these changes that you want to make and add them slowly HEARING THE CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK.
    I apologize for my english as it is not my native language (maybe at some time you could remember that spanish is the 3rd most spoken language in the world)
  • jaraxellejaraxelle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

jaraxelle said:

BUT you forgot one thing... our INITIAL roll. So many of us are stuck with old start up rolls which are no longer relevant to the game today. I am stuck with a toon that has 9 attribute points in physical damage (STR) and all other attributes in CON and CHA... no matter how many attribute points I put into strength I will always be weak. A Re-roll should have been distributed to all the players or at least make the attribute rolls part of the Respec token. With Classes that have tank & DPS, Heal & DPS... sometimes the different attributes are needed. Some will say, "Make another character." I say that's what loadouts we paid for are there to use.

All characters of a single class, Cleric, Rogue, Barbarian or what have you, start with the same stats. There is no initial rolling, that was removed. For example, ALL clerics have 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 CON, 15 INT, 16 WIS, and 13 CHA as their base, no matter what. There is simply nothing to re-roll as that choice was taken away from us.
    There are Race abilities that you can still assign... So if being a Human give you +3 to any stats... you can assign that, or if you are a Dragonborn +2 to any 2 stats... that's what I mean.
    BLACK VANGUARD & RED VANGUARD
    - Leadership Team
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    jaraxelle said:

arazith07 said:

jaraxelle said:

BUT you forgot one thing... our INITIAL roll. So many of us are stuck with old start up rolls which are no longer relevant to the game today. I am stuck with a toon that has 9 attribute points in physical damage (STR) and all other attributes in CON and CHA... no matter how many attribute points I put into strength I will always be weak. A Re-roll should have been distributed to all the players or at least make the attribute rolls part of the Respec token. With Classes that have tank & DPS, Heal & DPS... sometimes the different attributes are needed. Some will say, "Make another character." I say that's what loadouts we paid for are there to use.

All characters of a single class, Cleric, Rogue, Barbarian or what have you, start with the same stats. There is no initial rolling, that was removed. For example, ALL clerics have 10 STR, 10 DEX, 10 CON, 15 INT, 16 WIS, and 13 CHA as their base, no matter what. There is simply nothing to re-roll as that choice was taken away from us.
    There are Race abilities that you can still assign... So if being a Human give you +3 to any stats... you can assign that, or if you are a Dragonborn +2 to any 2 stats... that's what I mean.
    they've taken all importance out of roll stats. they don't really do anything for you anymore. totally don't matter.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    Bold words...now show us deeds...
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers,
    Thomas Foss, aka the Mimic King, here to talk with you about Neverwinter’s latest launch, Undermountain. With Undermountain, our core goals were to raise the level cap, provide exciting new adventures, and cleanup some longstanding class balance issues. At the same time, we hoped our improvements would pave the way for creating new classes and content in the future. We also wanted a way for players to progress faster through existing campaigns, while also giving us new ways to provide campaign rewards.
    With so many impactful changes being made, we felt it was important to invite players to participate in a closed beta test and then in the open beta/preview. You came in like gangbusters and gave us fantastic feedback. Whether it was on the forums, or on Reddit, the team here really appreciated the dialogue. I would like to give a shout out to Rainer whose spreadsheet was a great resource and window into the player’s perspective. Because of the feedback we received directly from our community, we were able to address hundreds of bugs and assorted feedback. Thank you!

But, we’re disappointed that we didn’t get to all the reported issues. We received great feedback from players like krsbaws, who told us back in March that Tomb of the Nine Gods was broken, but we did not fully address it. For that, we are sorry, and the Neverwinter team is working hard to review all the issues.
    We’re even more disappointed in our response to you since launch. It’s pretty clear we could have done a much better job of really listening. There was a lot of excitement at Cryptic about the new content and updates we had made, and we were quite hopeful you too would enjoy them. We fully understand now that some pretty critical bugs made it impossible for you to do just that. It was never our intention to make our most invested and important players feel alienated, but that’s just what we did.

Neverwinter is as dear to my heart as it is to yours, and I don’t like having a broken game, or even the perception of a broken game. We clearly missed some broken critters and levelling. We have been working to fix these as well as levelling and combat balance. Over the last week, the team has been triaging the issues being reported, fixing as many of them as we can, and discussing ways to better incorporate your feedback to make the game more enjoyable. Examples of steps we have already taken are:

• A reduction in specific dungeon difficulties (Demogorgon)
    • A decrease in damage dealt from some problematic monsters (Malabog’s Castle Redcaps, Tiamat’s Devils)
    • Fixing core class bugs (Paladin’s Base Dexterity Score)
    • Fixed scaling issues with Encounters in certain zones and instances
    • And many more! Check out the patch notes from our last few patches for more details!

We’re not done, and we’re still listening. We are working on additional updates and will roll those out as quickly as possible, and are communicating out the changes as we do.

As we get ready for our console release of Undermountain, we are striving to make sure the concerns of our players have been addressed in all versions of the game. For us, this is an ongoing conversation, where we all work towards making Neverwinter the best game possible. To that effect, I will be holding a Q&A during the May 7 Community Livestream at 11am PT to further discuss the state of Neverwinter and player concerns.

We don’t think we’ll make everything all right by just fixing the known issues, so we’re going to go the extra mile for everything you’ve done for us. Tune in on the stream on Tuesday and I’ll tell you all about it.
    Thank you!
    Thomas “Mimic King” Foss

at least give us our good old combat system back the encounter high cooldown makes combat unbearably slow and no buffs at all is just a mistake :(
  • enositis#4402 enositis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    everyone who design the new mod must go and find another job. you destroyed the game
This discussion has been closed.