test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to turn off video camera on PC game?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
When Neverwinter starts up, the video camera automatically turns on. I cannot find anywhere in the settings where to turn this automatic behavior off, where is that setting?

Comments

• madaz#2037 madaz Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @prethen If you mean Automatically zooms in then i am having the same problem.

It only suddenly started to happen to me yesterday, even when i press B to go into vanity/screenshot mode it zooms into 1st person as soon as i touch the mouse wheel, and yes my mouse is working fine.
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    No, I mean the videocam of my computer automatically turns on when the game starts up. I have no friggin' clue how to turn it off! Any ideas?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    go to windows start menu and right click and pick run and type devmgmt.msc

(Which is the windows device manager ..or get to control panel.. device manger somehow there are many ways )

there will be a huge list of every hardware device you have ..pretend they are boons ..,.,find cameras ...driver ... and click disable / enable the camera / webcam boon ..the light should turn on and off

or put a piece of tape on it

or unplug camera (unless this is a laptop) we are talking about

maybe arc is turning it on .. have you tried launching directly

or maybe your computer is actually infected with malware or a virus ..

possibly the game initialing all audio devices / microphone and somehow webcam is on that list

by disabling it you may lose your microphone in game or chat tho ..or your system may have 2

check the audio option in game to see what you recording and playback device are set to ..or manually change them
    "default" option may actually be initializing the camera or its mike .. if there is more then one possible playback and recording devices on your system

or stop playing the game in the nude and worrying about it lol
    I'm looking for a way to turn it off just for the game. I'm beginning to think the game is extremely presumptuous and doesn't actually have such a setting and just assumes everyone wants they're video camera on. If true, that's moronic.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I don't think Neverwinter is activating the camera.

Are you running the game through ARC? If so, then this is probably an ARC streaming setting.
    Hoping for improvements...
    I am running through ARC. However, I don't see any setting via that either. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place for those.
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It could be your camera is configured to wake itself. When games load they typically query your hardware to see what is available. Your camera may have interpreted this query as a command to wake up and start working.