test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16, and no chat?

lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
Is this forum completely dead, even with mod 16 about to launch?
It's been a couple of posts in about 2 months.

With launch around the corner, I'd be bringing up your ideas and asking your questions in here, not preview.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @lukejones77 said:
    > Is this forum completely dead, even with mod 16 about to launch?
    > It's been a couple of posts in about 2 months.
    >
    > With launch around the corner, I'd be bringing up your ideas and asking your questions in here, not preview.

We all just decided.. we cant change it... just take it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I tried doing just what you suggested in the hr area... no one is interested in talking about builds, ideas, equipment... the vast majority of that conversation is just a carry over of what is going on in the preview area. you get that kind of talk when people are excited about new content. no one is.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I tried doing just what you suggested in the hr area... no one is interested in talking about builds, ideas, equipment... the vast majority of that conversation is just a carry over of what is going on in the preview area. you get that kind of talk when people are excited about new content. no one is.

That is because with scaling you need the highest IL gear period. This makes special gear pieces like the Enduring Boots, Shadow Stalker rings, etc.. worthless as we level up our characters. Kinda sad the devs did this to the game. It remind me of how Anthem scales players; yeah if you don't wear your best gear you are gimp. So having the highest IL gear possible is going to be mandatory going forward do to scaling.

No more special builds needed either as there are only 10 feats to select and certain ones hinder our encounter choices by forcing us to use specific encounters. I have tried to stay positive but every time I look at the bigger picture of this update, I realize there are more issues with the update that will turn players off from the game.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

With launch around the corner, I'd be bringing up your ideas and asking your questions in here, not preview.

No it hasn't been dead, most of the Activity was Happening in the Preview feedback sections. There is still activity there even with Mod 16 going live. Give it some time, i am sure there will be activity after people experience mod 16. Love it or hate it mod 16 will bring out reactions soon.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

No it hasn't been dead, most of the Activity was Happening in the Preview feedback sections. There is still activity there even with Mod 16 going live. Give it some time, i am sure there will be activity after people experience mod 16. Love it or hate it mod 16 will bring out reactions soon.
    the conversation in the preview section is not about builds and ideas, it's about how nerfed everyone is and how bad scaling is. lol

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

bpstuart said:

the conversation in the preview section is not about builds and ideas, it's about how nerfed everyone is and how bad scaling is. lol

The thing is you don't need builds anymore. FEATS force you to use specific abilities making the need to create builds worthless now.

Just like the idea of using this or that piece of gear is now also worthless. You need the absolute highest IL gear and enchantments to ensure you don't lose as much in stats when going into lower zones.

This game screams loot shooter all over it. It is as if the game was designed for tablets and mobile devices. I'm starting to wonder if consoles will be dropped when Magic the Gathering comes out.